SportsWrath

Judge fired

Herc

The fact that they didn't do it yesterday morning..... and waited 30 plus hours getting hammered on twitter and the press before doing it.....including letting him do team meetings yesterday and this morning..... makes me think the Gmans problems go a little higher up the food chain than just Gettleman and Judge.

How was this not a 7 a.m. Monday morning call?

The good news ...they are both gone...the bad news...the guys that hired both of them are hiring the new guys too.

C. Wagon

I got to assume this was due to the meeting with Schoen.

Apparently he's the front runner for GM and I bet he gave them a laundry list of reasons why he isn't going with Judge and they agreed.

Finally a proper rebuild.

The GM gets his HC, the HC hires his staff.

This doesn't bode well for a lot of players in the team though.

5 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

The fact that they didn't do it yesterday morning..... and waited 30 plus hours getting hammered on twitter and the press before doing it.....including letting him do team meetings yesterday and this morning..... makes me think the Gmans problems go a little higher up the food chain than just Gettleman and Judge.

The good news ...they are both gone...the bad news...the guys that hired both of them are hiring the new guys too.

C. Wagon

I'm hoping that out of the 7 guys they've contacted so far to interview... 4 must have said, "I'm not gonna make the trip if I can't hire my guy..." and ownership caved.

1 hour ago, Chuck Wagon said:

C. Wagon

Yep, I've stated on multiple occasions that the fish stinks from the head and that the Giants have an ownership problem... Yes I do feel them getting hammered on social media and media in general was the reason they did this... I was on Judge's side early in the season believing it's too early... and as the season went out it became clear, he wasn't the guy... I'm glad we can now turn the page... 

While they are at it now they should bring in a director of football to make decisions and let him run the show. It's time now they realize they aren't very good at their own job, or at least not as good as they think and turn it over to someone else.

I would have taken the job just to fire Joe Judge then quit.

I'm not firing you for your record, you are getting fired for running two QB sneaks from inside the five yard line.  Have to build a new stadium to erase that stain on the honor of this organization.  As every former head coach of the NY Giants who has been fired will tell you, you will never be a head coach in the NFL.  I called every former Giant prior to calling you in and they are waiting outside to kick your ass.  :giants:

1 hour ago, Tempest said:

I would have taken the job just to fire Joe Judge then quit.

I'm not firing you for your record, you are getting fired for running two QB sneaks from inside the five yard line.  Have to build a new stadium to erase that stain on the honor of this organization.  As every former head coach of the NY Giants who has been fired will tell you, you will never be a head coach in the NFL.  I called every former Giant prior to calling you in and they are waiting outside to kick your ass.  :giants:

I get where you're coming from. Very few HC's, rookie HC's especially, are going to come in turn around a team, and win a SB. Gotta give the guy time to gel with his team, right? Every time I heard one of his presser's I wanted to believe he was the guy. Even up to where he was spouting off about not being a clown culture. There's something about the way he speaks that makes you want to buy into it. But when he starts saying things like winning doesn't matter, culture is more important than wins, free agents wanting to come back (yet Gallman was the only free agent that left), saving a submarine...he's clearly in over his head. And to prove it, regardless of what his 1st year was like, the Giants gave him the skill players to get the most out of this team with no improvement in year 2, damn the headsets. 

Now we'll go through growing pains yet again and it'll be 3 years before we see significant improvement. As long as there is change...improvement...this is what had to be done.