SportsWrath

Judge fired

Herc

20 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

The fact that they didn't do it yesterday morning..... and waited 30 plus hours getting hammered on twitter and the press before doing it.....including letting him do team meetings yesterday and this morning..... makes me think the Gmans problems go a little higher up the food chain than just Gettleman and Judge.

How was this not a 7 a.m. Monday morning call?

The good news ...they are both gone...the bad news...the guys that hired both of them are hiring the new guys too.

C. Wagon

This... when I had foot in the ass power... I was good two out of three times.  The last time they only let me hire half of what I needed, and the owners were not wedded to institutional change.  They just gave lip service to it.  I recognized this before it was too late and prepared my own exit which I did, including soft landings at better spots for my lieutenants that I brought in.  I also saved a few line people as well.  This was a month before my strokes in March 2019.  This was when I was the number three guy at University Consultation Center with the power of command... just don't change the organization too much.  Left that sinking ship before it sank me or my people.  The Giants organization is too mom and pop.  They give a lot of lip service to organizational change, but they appear to be full of shit.  

21 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

I got to assume this was due to the meeting with Schoen.

Apparently he's the front runner for GM and I bet he gave them a laundry list of reasons why he isn't going with Judge and they agreed.

Finally a proper rebuild.

The GM gets his HC, the HC hires his staff.

This doesn't bode well for a lot of players in the team though.

20 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Good. 

Oh well... some of them get to start over with another team... some of them are just finished.  Now onto plan B for many of them.

18 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

Feel bad for him, could of been the HC of Mississippi state and probably had success. 

Yep... he needs a division two football team so bad.  Now he is too tainted and radioactive right now for anything.  He has to hide away now for two or three years.  Instead of just working his up from assistant coaching positions for four or five years.  Sometimes in your career you have to say no to the big chair.  If it comes out once... it will come out again if you are any good.

18 hours ago, Tempest said:

I would have taken the job just to fire Joe Judge then quit.

I'm not firing you for your record, you are getting fired for running two QB sneaks from inside the five yard line.  Have to build a new stadium to erase that stain on the honor of this organization.  As every former head coach of the NY Giants who has been fired will tell you, you will never be a head coach in the NFL.  I called every former Giant prior to calling you in and they are waiting outside to kick your ass.  :giants:

:LMAO:

16 hours ago, BronxRik said:

I get where you're coming from. Very few HC's, rookie HC's especially, are going to come in turn around a team, and win a SB. Gotta give the guy time to gel with his team, right? Every time I heard one of his presser's I wanted to believe he was the guy. Even up to where he was spouting off about not being a clown culture. There's something about the way he speaks that makes you want to buy into it. But when he starts saying things like winning doesn't matter, culture is more important than wins, free agents wanting to come back (yet Gallman was the only free agent that left), saving a submarine...he's clearly in over his head. And to prove it, regardless of what his 1st year was like, the Giants gave him the skill players to get the most out of this team with no improvement in year 2, damn the headsets. 

Now we'll go through growing pains yet again and it'll be 3 years before we see significant improvement. As long as there is change...improvement...this is what had to be done. 

He is like the guy who replaced Parcells... hopefully for his sake never to be heard from again.  He needs to take a job with a division two or three school and just fade away.  He is so young will he be able to do that?  Look at McVay... the architect of The Fumble here goes on to create the San Fran juggernaut with Montana et al.  It can happen but it is like catching lightning in a bottle.

6 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

Good for him, why not throw a kegger if your rich and get fired?  Yeah Coors light sucks, but they're probablyh playing beer pong and playing Madden and shit, perfectly acceptable.  I like Busch now and then. 

I had a buddy point out Coors Light is the perfect metaphor for how unimaginative and bland he was as a coach 

I do feel bad for Judge in the sense of how he was fired and treated this past week with regards to Gettleman. 

Gettleman gets to ride off into the sunset with a retirement.

Judge was blasted by every NY media outlet as a clown and failure, he might have a hard time finding a job with the media backlash the next year or two.

He was dealt a bad hand he couldn't play or bluff his way out of which is ultimately on him he took the job and he couldn't deliver, but still it doesn't sit right seeing Gettleman get to enjoy his exit while Judge is thrown to the wolves.

Gettlemen would've gotten the same if his "retirement" wasn't fortold weeks ago.  Judge had players to work with...he misused them.  He made the rant.  He made the give up play calls.  He couldn't work the headsets.  Judge had more than growing pains.  There was ample evidence of ineptitude.

Missing on draft picks and next year's salary cap hell are on Gettleman.  The Covid decrease in the cap couldn't have been predicted and hurt us.  DG couldn't navigate that...but that doesn't excuse his misses.  He earned his dismissal, but not to the degree Judge did

He got the coughlin treatment bc he has a long term relationship with the family.  It’s indicative of how the Mara’s do business and is why he was hired in the first place.  Mara basically admitted it when he said the hire was “rushed”

8 minutes ago, jranieli said:

He has cancer as well and likely won't work in a front office again. I believe his contract was expiring as well. He's been around a long time and I think it was the right thing to do. 

Realistically, nothing is gained by dragging some front office guy through the mud anyway.  Actually dragging Judge through the mud probably does not help the Coaching search any either.    They are gone and we need better things to look forward to

8 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

I do feel bad for Judge in the sense of how he was fired and treated this past week with regards to Gettleman. 

Gettleman gets to ride off into the sunset with a retirement.

Judge was blasted by every NY media outlet as a clown and failure, he might have a hard time finding a job with the media backlash the next year or two.

He was dealt a bad hand he couldn't play or bluff his way out of which is ultimately on him he took the job and he couldn't deliver, but still it doesn't sit right seeing Gettleman get to enjoy his exit while Judge is thrown to the wolves.

I agree with you man.  Judge is radioactive for the next two or three years.  Let this be a lesson to him that you have to be higher on the chain to retire gracefully.

7 hours ago, gmenroc said:

Gettlemen would've gotten the same if his "retirement" wasn't fortold weeks ago.  Judge had players to work with...he misused them.  He made the rant.  He made the give up play calls.  He couldn't work the headsets.  Judge had more than growing pains.  There was ample evidence of ineptitude.

Missing on draft picks and next year's salary cap hell are on Gettleman.  The Covid decrease in the cap couldn't have been predicted and hurt us.  DG couldn't navigate that...but that doesn't excuse his misses.  He earned his dismissal, but not to the degree Judge did

True... he was offered this "way out" and if he said no, he was going to be fired.  No doubts.

17 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

I agree with you man.  Judge is radioactive for the next two or three years.  Let this be a lesson to him that you have to be higher on the chain to retire gracefully.

Also from a professional standpoint, a man should be mindful of his skillset (or lack there of).   If you're not qualified for a job, don't take it... it WILL backfire.