SportsWrath

Judge fired

Herc

13 minutes ago, Nas said:

Also from a professional standpoint, a man should be mindful of his skillset (or lack there of).   If you're not qualified for a job, don't take it... it WILL backfire.   

For most it will.  Maybe he was thinking he was one of those that could get away with it.  His incomprehensible and ridiculous press conferences were windows into his soul.  When people show you who they are... BELIEVE THEM!  It looks like Mara may have kept him another year.  However, Judge opened his mouth these past two weeks in ways that sealed his doom.  I know you know the deal.  There were several times I was offered high positions... most times I took them, knowing clearly what was expected and that ultimately IT WAS NOT MY FUCKING COMPANY AND THE CEO IS NOT MY DADDY! :laugh: The two times I said no to promotions were that the places and the headliner positions were total shit shows.  I knew the minute I would raise my head I would not be able to deal with the bullshit... so off with my head.  Judge will learn someday if he values his work life.  If he does not then he will go on bullshitting as he has done.  Oh well too bad oh so sad for him. ;)

1 hour ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

For most it will.  Maybe he was thinking he was one of those that could get away with it.  His incomprehensible and ridiculous press conferences were windows into his soul.  When people show you who they are... BELIEVE THEM!  It looks like Mara may have kept him another year.  However, Judge opened his mouth these past two weeks in ways that sealed his doom.  I know you know the deal.  There were several times I was offered high positions... most times I took them, knowing clearly what was expected and that ultimately IT WAS NOT MY FUCKING COMPANY AND THE CEO IS NOT MY DADDY! :laugh: The two times I said no to promotions were that the places and the headliner positions were total shit shows.  I knew the minute I would raise my head I would not be able to deal with the bullshit... so off with my head.  Judge will learn someday if he values his work life.  If he does not then he will go on bullshitting as he has done.  Oh well too bad oh so sad for him. ;)

I remember I was given the "Controller" position back in 2005 when I was young and inexperienced.   I knew it was a tough job but I felt up for it... fast forward 2 years later and the CFO retires... he asks me point blank if I thought I was ready... without hesitation, I said no.    They ended up hiring a guy less qualified than me who proceeded to fire me lol (long story but he was cooking the books and I was.. well... the controller... I said something and got canned for it)... Ended up landing a new gig as I'm driving home from getting canned... 

The weirdest thing about Judge too... it's like this year he was the exact opposite of last year.  During the 2020 season, the team had a bad record, but you could see the improvement week to week.  There was very little confusion among the players;  everyone knew their job. Players were utilized to their (often very limited) strengths. In-game decisions were good... there was hardly ever a time where I said, "why the fuck did Judge to that," except possibly for for a few challenges.  The team really looked like they had bought in. 

This year?  Literally every game I'd say, "why the fuck did they do that?" "What are they thinking with this game plan?" "Why are we calling our second timeout in the first quarter?"  Players flat-out looked like they didn't want to be here.  I know the defense kept fighting, but after that third loss of the season I think the offense realized the season was over... in September. 

I wonder what happened to Judge and the coaching staff to get everything so ass-backwards in year two.  It's almost like they said, "let's do the exact opposite of what worked for us last year." 

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

The weirdest thing about Judge too... it's like this year he was the exact opposite of last year.  During the 2020 season, the team had a bad record, but you could see the improvement week to week.  There was very little confusion among the players;  everyone knew their job. Players were utilized to their (often very limited) strengths. In-game decisions were good... there was hardly ever a time where I said, "why the fuck did Judge to that," except possibly for for a few challenges.  The team really looked like they had bought in. 

This year?  Literally every game I'd say, "why the fuck did they do that?" "What are they thinking with this game plan?" "Why are we calling our second timeout in the first quarter?"  Players flat-out looked like they didn't want to be here.  I know the defense kept fighting, but after that third loss of the season I think the offense realized the season was over... in September. 

I wonder what happened to Judge and the coaching staff to get everything so ass-backwards in year two.  It's almost like they said, "let's do the exact opposite of what worked for us last year." 

Agreed, I wonder the same thing. It's a really unusual trajectory.

The in game tactical errors this year were especially confusing to me because being the organized, prepared, in game decision guy was one of his roles in NE. It wasn't an issue his first year, although I didn't think he quite lived up to the billing, but 2021 Judge was confusing the game clock with the play clock. WtF dude, third graders playing Madden do better.

18 hours ago, Nas said:

I remember I was given the "Controller" position back in 2005 when I was young and inexperienced.   I knew it was a tough job but I felt up for it... fast forward 2 years later and the CFO retires... he asks me point blank if I thought I was ready... without hesitation, I said no.    They ended up hiring a guy less qualified than me who proceeded to fire me lol (long story but he was cooking the books and I was.. well... the controller... I said something and got canned for it)... Ended up landing a new gig as I'm driving home from getting canned... 

Way to go and what to do.  One thing you learn as the bearer of the truth, you will probably not be appreciated by the powers that be because they already bought into the bullshit.  Good move and my last move were in a similar situation when I left because I had another high-level job already lined up, plus I sued them for 200K and won in an out of court settlement.  If I pursued it, it would have been upwards of two million, but it would have come to head after my strokes.  So that is life.  A little birdie told me to go for the out of court settlement and I am glad I did.  The settlement was all mine because I paid my lawyer way before on retainer to the tune of 15K.  Sometimes in doing the right thing the wrong people try to fuck you, and you still come out ahead.

2 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

I got the same vibe.  I think some had to do with Garett being the bright haired boy with ownership and Judge being much too fixated on this to his own detriment.  Also I think Graham's defense got found out a bit by the league and he did not have all world talent like Spagnolo he could just blitz and hope the secondary could cover long enough for a sack or loss of yardage.

38 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

The in game tactical errors this year were especially confusing to me because being the organized, prepared, in game decision guy was one of his roles in NE. It wasn't an issue his first year, although I didn't think he quite lived up to the billing, but 2021 Judge was confusing the game clock with the play clock. WtF dude, third graders playing Madden do better.

For sure...other than McAdoo's totally self-destructive game decision not to play Eli... I thought they were heading in the right direction.  With his stupidity McAdoo destroyed his career and what was left of Reese's career as well.  A double tap for stupidity if there ever was one.  The Giants traded with San Diego and earned opprobrium to get Eli the way they did.  You don't fuck with the horse that got you here.  He thought he could pull a Reeves with Simms moment that Reeves was set up by Young to do to protect Dave Brown.  When you don't know history, you leave yourself open to be fucked. 

One thing I always learned was to keep all of the emails on your private computer in a way that no one else could access as this is a source of history/information that lawyer come on themselves for.  I started using email when it first came out and I never sent out a bad email as in like never.  :laugh: I would even have kept Spagnolo as the longer-term solution after McAdoo, because even though he was not the ultimate answer IMHO, he would have covered up a lot of holes with his rush first, second and last mentality. ;)

45 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

For sure bro....