SportsWrath

The Playoffs, 9'ers or Vikings?

BronxRik

I think any way you slice it, 49ers and Eagles are 1-2, though the order may switch....so whomever is 2, gets Seattle or whomever jumps them next week.  I don't think we can drop to 7 at this point, nor get to 5...which pits us against 3.

I really think it'll come down to Vikings.  

2 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

I keep trying to temper expectations and be realistic, but I just can't help but get that 2007 vibe to this team, right down to the decision to play the starters in the last game against a top team with a high powered offense.  

When I start feeling this way, I think of all the times in the past 10 years that I've felt this way only to have us finish a season with 5 wins. 

6 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

I keep trying to temper expectations and be realistic, but I just can't help but get that 2007 vibe to this team, right down to the decision to play the starters in the last game against a top team with a high powered offense.  

Should be reason enough to play the starters and play to win.   Just like in 2007 it would give this team more confidence heading into the playoffs.  

Plus it’s a nice number “15 year anniversary” of 2007.  

16 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

Nobody really thinks we’re going to win the Super Bowl. There’s nothing to jinx. It’s more the exceeding the expectations and feeling good about the direction of the team. 

Weren't we like 9 and 7 in 2007?   We weren't expected to win either... The only game that matters is the next game.   

17 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

Nobody really thinks we’re going to win the Super Bowl. There’s nothing to jinx. It’s more the exceeding the expectations and feeling good about the direction of the team. 

Yep.

Enjoy the ride.

No one had this team above 5 wins and they are playoff bound now.

Like I said before sign Daboll to a life long contract.

Finally nice to have a competent staff.

14 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

We had also been to the playoffs 4 years in a row so, it's not like the team wasn't good.

My point is no one was expecting a super bowl run.    I'm trying to block out any thoughts beyond the next game and you guys are not helping lol.  

18 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

I want us to fuck that team so hard. We'd better play our starters because the only reason the Eagles have existed these past ten years is to troll the Giants.

Yeah. From as long as I’ve been a giants fan. Philly been the shit team I hate the most than come cowgirls at a close second. 

Feels more like 2005.  Team makes playoffs, shown the door at the wild card game.  Giants putting 38 points on the board really looked nice at the end of the game.  Still a one dimensional team that does not have a passing game.  Colts were the last team this team beats and doesn't matter who we face in the playoffs.  It has been a great run and watching the 180 some fans have made on Jones & Barkley.  Hope Daboll can continue to remain steady for next season because that is when it has fallen off the rails for McAdoo, Shurmur, and Judge.  Can't get caught up looking at the win/loss record at the end of the season and put expectations for the 2023 season on that result.  I'm looking forward to a 2023 season with a better team.

3 hours ago, Nas said:

All this 2007 talk needs to stop.    Don’t jinx it.. enjoy the ride.

agreed .........in 2007 we had Plax , Toomer , Smith , Tyree , Hixon,  Boss available to catch the bloody ball ..... not to mention BJ and Bradshaw.  There is no way that this Offense is Super Bowl bound.  I'm delighted to get to the Playoffs and maybe we beat Minny ........im enjoying the ride too .....but come on

9 hours ago, The P said:

Should be reason enough to play the starters and play to win.   Just like in 2007 it would give this team more confidence heading into the playoffs.  

Plus it’s a nice number “15 year anniversary” of 2007.  

This, play the starters and go for it

On 1/2/2023 at 9:23 AM, Herc said:

For sure.  I just wish the eagles didn’t have a theoretical easy win after what they did to us a couple years back when we were relying on them 

This....FUCK! FUCK THE EAGLES SIDEWAYS......my most hated team of all time....fuck them and their shit eating fans