SportsWrath

Garrett gone

gmenroc

4 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

About 6 weeks to late. 

Bring on the Kitchen Sink playbook.

Seven weeks. 

But you know what they say, better late... actually, it's really a push, firing him now effectively does nothing.  Season was over week 3. 

I feel kind of bad for him.  Dude came here to re-establish himself as an offensive guru so he could land another HC position somewhere.  Little did he know he was entering the most dysfunctional team in the NFL and the decision would cost him any shot at even an OC position. 

He'll end up as some sort of offensive consultant type position, like the Rams, I doubt any team wants him near a young QB. 

But yeah, the offense is just too awful.  He had to go, btu short of a blistering finish to the season, I can't imagine Judge and Getty and co are staying after the season. 

Lets see what happens.  Offense hasn't improved from last year and maybe Freddie Kitchens can use the same playbook and get a different outcome because nobody installs a brand new offense for next week.  I think everyone understood that Garrett was here short term and that ownership was a big part of Garrett being here.  I'm sure Garrett is going to land a head coaching job this offseason.

Fuck this team.

This is the kind of shit that should have been done, at minimum, after the Dallas game. Ditch Garrett and trade the Saquons and Bradberrys (he fucking sucks) of the team and give the young guys a chance with a new OC. Maybe you win your last few games and find you have a good coordinator and a decent young corps to build around, and a lot of picks to start a legit rebuild. Hell, maybe you luck out and the switch provides a real spark and we have something to play for in November for once.

What the fuck do we have now? We're not winning out, forget the postseason. Judge and Gettleman are both completely inept and have to go; best case scenario we win 3 more games and they both get extended? Does anybody actually want that at this point?

I would have thought a move like this interesting enough four or five weeks ago to keep me watching the games, but honestly I couldn't give a shit at this point. This team is so, so, SO fucking stupid.

This is not Jason Garrett fault. This is all on Dave Gettlemen. To this day, I still can’t believe we didn’t draft a single OLine in this years draft.  Instead of going OLine in the first round. We go WR. Now we can’t get him the ball at all. We can’t even run the ball. 

2 hours ago, mastershake said:

The right move but he's only one of several problems with this team.

Agreed.  We can celebrate one small step in right direction tho, right?

Then again, if other changes are left undone, this firing will prove pointless

Barkley isn't the same guy he was as a rookie. He always had that dance and lose yards tendency, but in 2018 he did sometimes take the three yard gut punch runs. Not so since then.

I'll say this though.... I believe in Saquon. He's going to have to rebuild his mental game, but I think he can do it. 

I really hope we can keep him long term on an extremely incentive laden contract. He's going to have a great second act to his career.