SportsWrath

Garrett gone

gmenroc

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

Barkley isn't the same guy he was as a rookie. He always had that dance and lose yards tendency, but in 2018 he did sometimes take the three yard gut punch runs. Not so since then.

I'll say this though.... I believe in Saquon. He's going to have to rebuild his mental game, but I think he can do it. 

I really hope we can keep him long term on an extremely incentive laden contract. He's going to have a great second act to his career.

I think Barkley could have been generational...he had the skill set.

But he was forced into dancing behind a shitty line.  It's like a really hardworking employee who is given mundane work, isn't challenged, and isn't kept busy.  Eventually that work ethic will deteriorate.  Forced into shitty habits, he'll have to unlearn them in addition to getting past the injury, mental and physical.

I really don't see it happening unless he goes to a team with an established offensive line.  And those teams, usually have a guy or two already to run the ball.

I wouldn't resign him at this point.  I would trade him to Tennessee tomorrow though for a 2nd rounder.

51 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Prediction;

Next week we drop a 40 points on the Eagles.

Everyone gets their hopes up the team got better without Garrett.

The rest of the reason we fail to score over 20.

I think this was brewing behind the scenes for a few weeks. Some of the more unusual formations the team has been running lately - and have tended to be more successful, IMO - are apparently concepts that Kitchens is known for. 

For example, the pistol three back inverted wishbone, and the unbalanced line formations.

1 hour ago, gmenroc said:

But he was forced into dancing behind a shitty line.  It's like a really hardworking employee who is given mundane work, isn't challenged, and isn't kept busy.  Eventually that work ethic will deteriorate.  Forced into shitty habits, he'll have to unlearn them in addition to getting past the injury, mental and physical.

I really don't see it happening unless he goes to a team with an established offensive line.  And those teams, usually have a guy or two already to run the ball.

I wouldn't resign him at this point.  I would trade him to Tennessee tomorrow though for a 2nd rounder.

Well it's past the trade deadline now, but it may make sense to fish or cut bait next off-season on Barkley. 

I don't mind being a little sentimental about guys like him though. I have a feeling he is going to reward some team's faith in a big way.

12 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

I think this was brewing behind the scenes for a few weeks. Some of the more unusual formations the team has been running lately - and have tended to be more successful, IMO - are apparently concepts that Kitchens is known for. 

For example, the pistol three back inverted wishbone, and the unbalanced line formations.

Well it's past the trade deadline now, but it may make sense to fish or cut bait next off-season on Barkley. 

I don't mind being a little sentimental about guys like him though. I have a feeling he is going to reward some team's faith in a big way.

I hope it wasn’t Kitchens ideas that kept taking Toney off the field. 

5 hours ago, gmenroc said:

I would too.   We're not ready for a stud RB and at this point I'm not sure he's that great anyway.   And while I don't like using the term injury-prone... the dude is just that.   I like Barkley I'd rather put all resources into the OL and DL respectively. 

I remember the rookie season of Daniel Jones and the first two seasons of Saquon Barkley.  They performed better and there were fewer questions/doubts about their ability or performance.  Barkley ran for more yards and Jones threw for more yards and twice as many touchdowns.  We certainly have a better offensive line now than we did then and better receivers as well.  Jason Garrett simply failed to do a better job running the offense.

On 11/23/2021 at 4:00 PM, BronxRik said:

Never liked the Garrett signing. Never felt he really had the Giants best interests in mind. Always hated the fact he was the Cowturds ex HC, so I'm biased. Really biased. 

This big time... this was a holding action for Garrett at best.