SportsWrath

Has anyone ever been "right" about the Giants draft?

BlueInCanada

Obviously around this time the only thing to talk about is the NFL combine and then the draft coming up in late April, I was wondering though of all our draft gurus on the board if any of them have actually picked a player the Giants actually drafted?

I know there are plenty mock drafts leading into draft day all over the interwebs and on this board as well and when it gets closer I know someone like myself who despises college football, I will end up just reading through the mocks and seeing who is being touted as the next best thing or late round steals and most importantly who is projected to being picked by the Giants.

When Prince was picked I don't think I recall a single mock or poster saying we had a chance at him, albeit he was projected to be a top ten pick who did fall, or even last year I don't think I recall a single person saying Wilson would be a Giant as well.

The draft is obviously a mixture of science, scouting, coaching experience, and just pure damn luck at times but still I was wondering if any of the draft gurus got their wish and the Giants actually selected the player that they wanted?

Not sure if I've ever mocked a player to the Giants that they have taken, but I was high on Wilson and Randle last year. I started crossing all my fingers and toes in the middle of the second round when Randle was still on the board, and when the Giants pick came, I started the "Rueben Randle" chant, lol. I did like Wilson for the range we got him, and I definitely wanted the Giants to go RB in the first couple of rounds last year, and had Wilson as a possible target. But if memory serves me correct, I think my official mock was maybe Jonathan Martin? I think it was an OT, anyway. I never thought Prince would slide to us, and never dreamed Randle would be there at the end of the second for us, either. I remember really liking Hakeem Nicks and identifying that he could be the Giants guy in that draft. I'm not sure I've ever officially mocked the right player to the Giants, at least in the first round. I remember VG being all about Clint Sintim, though! Too bad that guy could never get healthy.

I didn't even know he was gay. Just a bust

I meant nailed in that I guessed he would be taken #1......not nailed like fucked him...which would be Bob Tucker...I did totally nail him....but that was in the late 70's when he was with the Vikings and ....well...we were both sort of in a weird place.

We haven't talked in years.

C.Wagon

I meant nailed in that I guessed he would be taken #1......not nailed like fucked him...which would be Bob Tucker...I did totally nail him....but that was in the late 70's when he was with the Vikings and ....well...we were both sort of in a weird place.

We haven't talked in years.

C.Wagon

well Tucker did get a lot of passes from a guy named Fran.

With these mock drafts, generally after pick 10, pick 15, etc they tend to vary wildly in their precision. And generally, since 2004, the giants have been in the bottom half of the 1st round, thus lower precision in mocking the giants 1st round pick.

To your point, nobody had Prince falling to us.

Though, I recall back in 2009, Nicks was in a few mocks. Walters football MAY have had us taking David Wilson at some point last year (I think I recall Wilson to the giants in one of their mocks)

Attempting to mock anything after the 1st round is a real crapshoot, though it could provide a sense of what positions the giants might pick, and in what order of picks.

• 2 weeks later...