SportsWrath

Has anyone ever been "right" about the Giants draft?

BlueInCanada

i was right about trading up to get Sinorice Moss in the 2nd round that year ..............thank fuck for that !

Moss was just released by the Saskatchewan Roughriders (CFL) after one season. We could get him back!

So I haven't posted on here in years, but it's awesome to see it still going strong. I figured I should get back into it, considering that this has always been the best Giants community online.

Anyways, seeing this thread made me think back at the last few years and who I've been expecting the Giants to pick. Goes as follows:

2007 - Darrelle Revis, CB (Aaron Ross)

2008 - Kenny Phillips, S (Kenny Phillips)

2009 - Hakeem Nicks, WR (Hakeem Nicks)

2010 - Rolando McClain, LB (Jason Pierre-Paul)

2011 - Jimmy Smith, CB (Prince Amukamara)

2012 - Lamar Miller, RB (David Wilson)

What I realized is that although I only got two picks right, I got the right position in 5/6 years. So it shows that I know what I'm doing, at least partially. Surely, I missed on JPP, but I'm glad I did because he is a beast. But other than him, I've gotten the position right every year. Now it could be a coincidence, but I'm just gonna pretend like I really know what I'm doing.

After discussing all of that, figured I'd let everyone know who I am thinking the Giants are going to pick at 19: Tank Carradine. He was arguably the best pure pass rusher going into the draft before tearing his ACL. He's ahead of schedule and is planning a workout next month. If he performs well, I am confident he will be the Giants pick. If anyone is going to be the JPP of this draft, it's Carradine not Ansah.

Anyways, looking forward to trying to start posting here more often. I'll try to put up some recent mock drafts and stuff once the free agency period gets more situated.

Great write up. I just read a little bit of scouting report on this Tank kid. Sounds like a natural ball player with great size. Lets hope he somehow didn't really impress on his showing so we can snag him on the second round.

To put it simply, Tank would be a top 10 pick and unquestionably the best 4-3 DE available if it weren't for the injury. I originally thought we could grab him in the 2nd, but there have been tons of positive reports on his health status and how he could be the biggest riser on teams draft boards. The real question as to if he will be the pick or not is: are the Giants willing to risk their first round pick on someone coming off of a significant knee injury? If they are willing to take the risk, Tank is an absolute steal.

Hey Kyle, welcome back dude.

Appreciate it! Can't wait to contribute and get going back on the ole stompin' grounds... lol