SportsWrath

Our fake injuries last night

Zelmo

How do you guys feel about us faking injury to stop the hurry-up?

I'm not sure why it got as much publicity as it did, seeing as just the day before the Chargers did it twice to the Pats. I guess because it was more obviously faked by us and also on MNF?

As a side note, I was recently watching parts of SB 42 with Strahan's commentary and he was saying that on the Patriots scoring drive in the 4th the defense was completely gassed, and after the completion that made it 1st and Goal Fred Robbins gets hurt and has to be walked off- Strahan said yes Robbins was slightly banged up but basically he could of got up and that he sat there and faked injury and walked off slow to give the Giants a chance to catch their breath because they were running on empty at that point. Interesting.

-Z

weak, weak, weak...the dog thought it was weak when it was done to the bengals in the 80's, to the colts in the 90's and any other time at any other level...

however, perhaps a better question to ponder isn't how people feel about the giants doing that in a game, but more to the point, the fact that they felt they had to against a banged up third tier team missing their best player...

I thought it was pretty funny and effective.

At first I thought they were making a statement about how they were playing by having two guys lay down, one for last week and the other for this week. :(

Just make sure everyone is on the same page so we don't have more than one guy laying down on the field, it looks less credible.

Watching the replay is completely laughable. The two of them are walking around perfectly okay....notice the offensive line is already set.....and they slowly lay down. It was the worst acting job in the history of the NFL. Especially humorous was the way Joseph jumped right back up once he realized Grant was already pulling the act.

It sucks....but it probably saved the Giants from getting torced with a TD.

I like the suggestion of making a rule change where a player has to be out a down or series if the game stops because of their injury.

Easy way to cut it way down.

Makes the most sense because a ref shouldn't be put in the position of saying someone is faking an injury. Especially in football where injuries are so common.

I'd hate to see football be like soccer with players flopping left and right.

I don't think I've ever seen a defense do that before. Brilliant, but ticky tacky to say the least. No matter where one sits on the issue, you cannot help but laugh at the sight of not one fake flop, but 2. The way they are just trying to line up and just pathetically drop to the ground untouched is hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PgQULPRKLc

If a guy gets injured and play is stopped, that player must come off the field for at least one play. Thats been the rule as long as I can remember, I don't understand why we're even talking about this, there's already a rule in place to deal with it. Every team does it, it happens every week.

If a guy gets injured and play is stopped, that player must come off the field for at least one play. Thats been the rule as long as I can remember, I don't understand why we're even talking about this, there's already a rule in place to deal with it. Every team does it, it happens every week.

yes. And if a team does it at the end of either half, they have a time run - off as well.

I think this is getting media attention because it was synchronized injuries on a nationally televised game. I think it's comical and gamesmanship. If you're gassed because of the no huddle than why wouldn't you try and slow the game down.

weak, weak, weak...the dog thought it was weak when it was done to the bengals in the 80's, to the colts in the 90's and any other time at any other level...

however, perhaps a better question to ponder isn't how people feel about the giants doing that in a game, but more to the point, the fact that they felt they had to against a banged up third tier team missing their best player...

Even worse, Dog. They did it to Spagnola.

Here is the architect of perhaps one of the best defenses ever on a Superbowl team. If not the best. Yet, without him, the best they can do is fake injuries in the 1st quarter against a 500 team to keep them out of the endzone.

It's sad. Desperate. Cheap. And embarrassing.

This is the big bad NFC East?

Man up and play against your old coach.

Even worse, Dog. They did it to Spagnola.

Here is the architect of perhaps one of the best defenses ever on a Superbowl team. If not the best. Yet, without him, the best they can do is fake injuries in the 1st quarter against a 500 team to keep them out of the endzone.

It's sad. Desperate. Cheap. And embarrassing.

This is the big bad NFC East?

Man up and play against your old coach.

and the defense he coached faked an injury on new englands scoring drive at the end of the game.

Every team does it, they just fake it a little better than we did.

Ours were laugh out loud funny.

They way they were just walking around and suddenly flopped to the ground.....I thought aliens had landed and sucked out their life force.

League Issues Statement

It's ridiculous that the Giants are the ones getting thrown under the bus for this.

The truth is though that Grant and Williams, first of all shouldn't have gone down together, and second shouldn't have done such a lame job. Everyone does it, but once you make it that obvious people are gonna make a stink.

Best way to do it is probably to just not got up after a tackle, then you could just lie there and discuss the weather with the trainers for a minute, then be helped up and slowly walk off.

-Z