SportsWrath

Wow manning benched

Herc

If Webb had been primed two weeks ago for this, and we go straight to him, much of the debate goes away.

This. Because of this...

This entire organisation is clueless, as Herc has pointed out, and unfortunately it's top to bottom. Webb will be lucky if he's ready to start in the last game which will not be enough for a proper evaluation. Also Smith has played 3 times (1 start and then torn his ACL) in 2 years and now he's going to expected to show what here? I'll re-iterate it again; THIS TEAM HAS NO PLAN AND THIS IS PURE PANIC MOVE.

It's as though everyone is making shit up on the fly. "Meh our O-line is fine... uh it's not, now what should we do... let's bench some DBs... oh wait, let's not bench them... lets bench Eli... oh wait, we didn't have Webb ready so I guess it's for Geno... I dunno, maybe Eli will be back..."

Nobody knows what the fuck is going on. John Mara is a terrible owner. I've thought so for a while but the past three years definitely confirms it. Remember when the Giants had a waiting list for tickets?

I actually think theres a pretty decent chance the giants beat the Raiders, actually. The Raiders arent good either. No Cooper, No Crabtree. Even with Geno.

Which makes the switch from Eli to Geno a brilliant one... It lessens our chances of winning. The difference between getting the 2nd pic and the 3rd can mean landing your next franchise quarterback or being the Jets.

Which makes the switch from Eli to Geno a brilliant one... It lessens our chances of winning. The difference between getting the 2nd pic and the 3rd can mean landing your next franchise quarterback or being the Jets.

If Reese is running the draft would it really matter if we were drafting the second pick or the tenth?

Okay...so the "bench manning" crowd keeps changing the story and their rationale for why manning was benched.

- Geno gives us the best chance of winning.

- We have to see what we have.

- It's time to turn the page; Eli is finished.

- We're doing it for Eli's health; he'll be back next year.

- We're doing to because we're tanking for a better draft pick.

So which is it? You guys keep jumping around and making it up as you go along.

Okay...so the "bench manning" crowd keeps changing the story and their rationale for why manning was benched.

Why can't it be all or none of the above? :P

- Geno gives us the best chance of winning. Definitely NOT this

- We have to see what we have. We know what we have: We know what we have: Geno and the rookie (sounds like a bad 80's buddy movie)

- It's time to turn the page; Eli is finished. Eli is certainly not finished.

- We're doing it for Eli's health; he'll be back next year. This is just bullshit

- We're doing to because we're tanking for a better draft pick. I don't believe any team tanks for draft position

Looks like none of the above.

First, there can be multiple reasons responsible for a decision, thats a given. Second, youre jumping to conclusions on a couple of those and made up others.

Now rumors are saying this could be Mcdoos last game.

Ian Rapoport

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

Sources: Some members of the #Giants ownership did not agree with how Eli Manning was handled this week and there was intense and serious internal debate. They are trying to figure out the fallout, leading to John Mara not guaranteeing Ben McAdoo would finish the season.

Anyone have any thoughts on bringing in Kirt Cousins?

Ive thought about it and honestly Id be fine with it as long as we could still give extensions to our blue chip players (Odell, Collins) and not strangle our cap for the next three years. The guy is all heart and a near the top of the 2nd tier qb in my opinion. I think you can win a Super Bowl with him and i think he could engineer game winning drives too. The savings from cutting Eli before the March deadline pays for one third of his likely cap number next year.

Also like I said in another thread if you look at our cap situation on spotrac and see who the cuttable players are and what theyll save us in cap space its not a lot of players and not a lot of money. Its not possible from a personnel standpoint to completely tear down and start the rebuild like the jets did this offseason so if we can hit on the coach and gm search we willl already have a bunch of good-to-great pieces on the team in their primes locked into contracts and a guy like cousins might fit that kind of retooling situation better than a rookie.

Now rumors are saying this could be Mcdoos last game.

Ian Rapoport

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

Sources: Some members of the #Giants ownership did not agree with how Eli Manning was handled this week and there was intense and serious internal debate. They are trying to figure out the fallout, leading to John Mara not guaranteeing Ben McAdoo would finish the season.

Yeah they already publicly threw him under the bus which is a big indicator hes done. Now theyre just doubling down and wanna get him out of here and save face to the fans for embarrassing a legend

Yeah they already publicly threw him under the bus which is a big indicator hes done. Now theyre just doubling down and wanna get him out of here and save face to the fans for embarrassing a legend

Then they should have overridden him and put Eli back in after the "emotional" meeting on Wednesday. According to Archie, things were supposed to go like this:

Archie Manning called it "not a great situation" but said he would never criticize the Mara or Tisch families and that he would not pile on McAdoo. Asked to describe how it went, Manning said he believed the word from McAdoo to Eli was essentially "'OK, I'm taking you out after a while to play the other guys.' And Eli was like, 'Are you starting me just because of the record?' Ben said, 'Yeah, I guess so.' "And Eli was like, 'screw that.'" That was not the way Mara wanted it handled, Archie believed.

"For John Mara," Archie said, "he thought it was going to be, hey, 'We're going to play the kids if it works out. If the game was out of hand or if Eli is struggling, they'll pull him.'"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000886241/article/archie-manning-eli-might-say-ive-had-enough-retire-in-2018

Ownership certainly could have said "Um, Mac, are you out of your fucking mind? This isn't the way it's supposed to go. Put him back in and we'll figure it out".

Then they should have overridden him and put Eli back in after the "emotional" meeting on Wednesday. According to Archie, things were supposed to go like this:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000886241/article/archie-manning-eli-might-say-ive-had-enough-retire-in-2018

Ownership certainly could have said "Um, Mac, are you out of your fucking mind? This isn't the way it's supposed to go. Put him back in and we'll figure it out".

If this is honestly how it went then MacAttack is a bigger bumbling fucking idiot then I thought he was.

Seriously what a fucking disgrace on the Giants organization.

Get this guy out.