SportsWrath

Wow manning benched

Herc

Newton isnt a SB winning QB and I'll say it he never will be because he cant elevate a team and relied on the best defense that year to win him games.

Yea Elis defense SUCKED during the Super Bowl years....

I'm sorry did Eli shit the bed those two SB games as well?

Carolina had the what was it third best defense in the NFL plus the best rushing attack that year.

Isnt that all a team needs? A top 5 defense and the best rushing attack? Oh wait I guess they weren't able to overcome the weakness at QB.

Manning relied on the best pass rushing defense to win two Super Bowls. He still played well of course. Just highlighting that youre significantly underestimating Cams contributions that year. To get to a Super Bowl, you have to weather the storm during the regular season.

Unless Eli has a great offensive line, 6 foot 4 receiver, dude that can break a 5 yard slant into a 99 yard touchdown (Cruz), a possession guy, two complimentary running backs, a security blanket tight end, and his favorite undies on, Manning has proven over 13 seasons a tendency towards the mean of 8-8 seasons. His career record is essentially .500. This tells me that Manning doesnt elevate his teams. Sure, hes of course made some receivers, Ill give him that. But hes never been a consistent winner. Particularly when things go wrong. Wilson is taking a Seahawks team full of backups on a playoff run, btw.

I'd take the Seattle roster 100x over this roster any day of the week.

Anyone who would say otherwise is kidding themselves.

Manning relied on the best pass rushing defense to win two Super Bowls. He still played well of course. Just highlighting that youre significantly underestimating Cams contributions that year. To get to a Super Bowl, you have to weather the storm during the regular season.

Unless Eli has a great offensive line, 6 foot 4 receiver, dude that can break a 5 yard slant into a 99 yard touchdown (Cruz), a possession guy, two complimentary running backs, a security blanket tight end, and his favorite undies on, Manning has proven over 13 seasons a tendency towards the mean of 8-8 seasons. His career record is essentially .500. This tells me that Manning doesnt elevate his teams. Sure, hes of course made some receivers, Ill give him that. But hes never been a consistent winner. Particularly when things go wrong. Wilson is taking a Seahawks team full of backups on a playoff run, btw.

He only engineered two of the greatest game winning comeback drives two times...after those amazing defenses blew the lead....

Not to mention all the away games he helped win in the playoffs leading up to those.

I'm sorry did Eli shit the bed those two SB games as well?

Carolina had the what was it third best defense in the NFL plus the best rushing attack that year.

Isnt that all a team needs? A top 5 defense and the best rushing attack? Oh wait I guess they weren't able to overcome the weakness at QB.

I was quoting Vendetta

I say again...put Brady, Rodgers, Newton etc on this roster right now...are the giants any better than a 2-4 win team through 11 games?

And how is it possible they'd be better, when those guys have NEVER had to play with this dumpster practice squad caliber offense around them?

I didnt mention shit about Super Bowls. Simply responding. While I appreciate the shit out of those years, that happened 7 years ago (youre talking seasons and since this season is over, its 6 and 8). Im over Super Bowls, I was over Manning in 2013 when all of this should happened anyway. When he was 35th in QBR. Yes 35th out of 32 teams. Three 20+ interception seasons.

And btw, Lockett and Richardson are on the same level as Lewis and King. Backups. 4th and 5th WRs. Baldwin is better but the most overrated wide receiver in the league.

I didnt mention shit about Super Bowls. Simply responding. While I appreciate the shit out of those years, that happened 7 years ago (youre talking seasons and since this season is over, its 6 and 8). Im over Super Bowls, I was over Manning in 2013 when all of this should happened anyway. When he was 35th in QBR. Yes 35th out of 32 teams. Three 20+ interception seasons.

And btw, Lockett and Richardson are on the same level as Lewis and King. Backups. 4th and 5th WRs. Baldwin is better but the most overrated wide receiver in the league.

Richardson is about to land a 20-30mm dollar contract. King was signed off the street, not even the practice squad, and few weeks ago. The guy wasn't even on any NFL teams practice squad! Lol

I feel like people think that the Giants are a few moves away from another SB run.

Fuck I wouldn't be surrpised if 20 years from now (if Nem keeps paying the bills that is) we are talking about how we still havent made it back.

All this shit about "being over SBs" is kinda funny.

Ask a Bills fan what he would give for a slight memory of a SB win lol

I just go back to how incredulous everyone was that Mcadoo said that there was no chance Webb would see any playing time later in the season. Now that he actually will, its outrage and what is the point?

The point is the Giants are drafting likely top 3. There will be an excellent opportunity to snag a quarterback. Now everyone wants to claim there is nothing for these guys to learn in playing against teams fighting for a playoff spot simply because the Giants arent good. Like at no point in a players career will they ever have to play in less than ideal circumstances with a team that is poor. Yep, doesnt do any good to see live NFL game action for the first time ever.

I just go back to how incredulous everyone was that Mcadoo said that there was no chance Webb would see any playing time later in the season. Now that he actually will, its outrage and what is the point?

The point is the Giants are drafting likely top 3. There will be an excellent opportunity to snag a quarterback. Now everyone wants to claim there is nothing for these guys to learn in playing against teams fighting for a playoff spot simply because the Giants arent good. Like at no point in a players career will they ever have to play in less than ideal circumstances with a team that is poor. Yep, doesnt do any good to see live NFL game action for the first time ever.

Like I said earlier, the next 5 games, we'll get to evaluate how well these two throw the ball away, take hits, take sacks, run for their lives, and complete the 2 yard out routes. Behind a practice squad caliber team.

Not less than ideal circumstances. Unprecedented circumstances.

Like I said earlier, the next 5 games, we'll get to evaluate how well these two throw the ball away, take hits, take sacks, run for their lives, and complete the 2 yard out routes.

Presuming Manning was pegged to start next year, which no one even knows if that was the plan (Im guessing it probably was, though) before everyone freaked the fuck out and jumped to conclusions, youre saying youd prefer Manning doing the same damn thing and getting his ass kicked and risking getting hurt week after week for no reason?

Presuming Manning was pegged to start next year, which no one even knows if that was the plan (Im guessing it probably was, though) before everyone freaked the fuck out and jumped to conclusions, youre saying youd prefer Manning doing the same damn thing and getting his ass kicked and risking getting hurt week after week for no reason?

Let the guy who's been a freaking trooper and leader about it all season complete the season. Don't make him the scapegoat.

They never told Eli they're doing this for his health.

So if this is the case, why is any other starter out there playing at all?

Fuck put them all on IR and just sign guys off the street maybe one will surprise you and make the cut.

Why risk a single injury to a player who is going to be a key piece next year.

Shepard, Collins, Pugh, Richburg, Jones, Flowers, etc.

Any starter who has a single chance of being hurt should be sat down for the rest of the year and the backups should all be played.

The new HC already "has tape" on the starters for the past 11 games, why not get tape of the backups for the next five?

Let the guy who's been a freaking trooper and leader about it all season complete the season. Don't make him the scapegoat.

They never told Eli they're doing this for his health.

No one said he was the scapegoat or reason they were losing, either. People are concerned with the optics. I personally believe he no longer fits into the solution, however.

So if this is the case, why is any other starter out there playing at all?

Fuck put them all on IR and just sign guys off the street maybe one will surprise you and make the cut.

Why risk a single injury to a player who is going to be a key piece next year.

Shepard, Collins, Pugh, Richburg, Jones, Flowers, etc.

Any starter who has a single chance of being hurt should be sat down for the rest of the year and the backups should all be played.

The new HC already "has tape" on the starters for the past 11 games, why not get tape of the backups for the next five?

None of those guys are 37 years old and clearly diminishing in ability.

None of those guys are 37 years old and clearly diminishing in ability.

So a young guy cant get hurt and ruin his career.

Quick someone tell Smith, Nicks, Cruz, insert many many other players here.

Why take that risk?

And I thought it wasnt a health concern I thought it was about "getting tape"

All the starters have years of game film, get the backups in there to show what they can do.

No one said he was the scapegoat or reason they were losing, either. People are concerned with the optics. I personally believe he no longer fits into the solution, however.

You keep changing the reasons for benching him. Now it's for his health?

When did Mara or Mac tell us they're doing this out of concern for Eli's health?

You keep changing the reasons for benching him. Now it's for his health?

When did Mara or Mac tell us they're doing this out of concern for Eli's health?

Actually, I replied to your assertion that it doesnt do the backups any good to throw two yard outs, get sacked, etc. Manning is doing the same thing with the same effectiveness, so i posed the question to you if, under the assumption that Eli was still thought to be the starter for 2018 by management, would you want him out there when they are mathematically out of the playoffs (a fact rarely mentioned, but it should be)?