SportsWrath

Wow manning benched

Herc

Webb was a Jr/MacAttack pick.

Whoever the next GM/coach combo are probably don't even look at his college tape and he's fodder.

Happens all the time in th NFL.

While true, I think it'd be prudent of the new coaches/GM to evaluate Webb against whomever else is brought in and let the best player play. Because, if the new staff think Webb is the guy going forward after Eli, then they have the opportunity to get Webb some protection, weapons, or additional help on defense.

While true, I think it'd be prudent of the new coaches/GM to evaluate Webb against whomever else is brought in and let the best player play. Because, if the new staff think Webb is the guy going forward after Eli, then they have the opportunity to get Webb some protection, weapons, or additional help on defense.

Oh and I don't disagree if Webb is a capable QB I'm sure whoever the new guys are will see it.

I just hope Mara doesn't make it "You have to play Webb or else you're not getting the job." Type of thing.

You won't be attracting to many good HC/GMs with that.

Webb was a Jr/MacAttack pick.

Whoever the next GM/coach combo are probably don't even look at his college tape and he's fodder.

Happens all the time in th NFL.

That sounds pretty stupid... if you have a player on your team who's as promising as Webb, you need to look at him... saying he's someone else's pick and dismissing him like that is stupid on so many levels.

That sounds pretty stupid... if you have a player on your team who's as promising as Webb, you need to look at him... saying he's someone else's pick and dismissing him like that is stupid on so many levels.

You've never watched the NFL before have you?

Countless QBs come and go simply because of a regime change.

Unless you are completely delusional to think that Mara/Tisch have some love affair with Webb, whoever is brought in will either see him as an asset or fodder, typically most QBs drafted before a new HC/GM combo are seen as fodder.

Cream rises to the top- if Webb is talented, he'll get his chance- maybe with the Giants, maybe some other team. We can't seem to find 32 competent guys in this country of what 150 million males? So it's up for grabs

And I agree with that.

I was just trying to say I hope ownership doesnt go around saying "Hey you have to keep Webb and develop him" when you're not going to attract any decent HC with those type of conditions, unless they feel Webb is worth it.

Most GMs/HCs though seem to always like to bring in "their guy though" and it's been seen countless times in the NFL when guys drafted even in the first round are shown the door simply because they dont fit the scheme.

And I agree with that.

I was just trying to say I hope ownership doesnt go around saying "Hey you have to keep Webb and develop him" when you're not going to attract any decent HC with those type of conditions, unless they feel Webb is worth it.

Most GMs/HCs though seem to always like to bring in "their guy though" and it's been seen countless times in the NFL when guys drafted even in the first round are shown the door simply because they dont fit the scheme.

on that frame of mind, a lot of coaches won't want to be told Eli has to start. If this is going to be a rebuild, it might not be the team for him. I'd rather see him go out like Peyton, if he has it in him.

on that frame of mind, a lot of coaches won't want to be told Eli has to start. If this is going to be a rebuild, it might not be the team for him. I'd rather see him go out like Peyton, if he has it in him.

See I'm fine with that too, I've gone on record saying that Eli probably finishes his career somewhere else.

I thought TC would be here longer than he was, but the moment he moved on Eli was done as a Giant.

I'm not sure where you come up with "someone as promising". Where do you base that from?

I'm not sure where you come up with "someone as promising". Where do you base that from?

Yeah Nas, starting caliber quarterbacks can only be selected from the first round, dont you know this?

Seriously, though. Webb looked good in his first preseason. Hes mobile and can throw on the run and hes far more athletic than Manning. Im sure everyone would like him to have the cerebral game down like Manning does but he cant do that running the practice squad and being inactive every week.

His work ethic alone speaks volumes... Not every great QB is a 1st round pick... At least he can serve as a back up since he's been with the Giants and has bee learning the playbook....

Agree he seems like a bright, hard working kid. But we have no clue if he's any good or not. If we have a chance to draft a 80-90% certain blue chip QB - and that's as certain as it gets in my mind - I say we take him and let them compete for #2 behind Eli next year and for the starting job the next year.

Agree he seems like a bright, hard working kid. But we have no clue if he's any good or not. If we have a chance to draft a 80-90% certain blue chip QB - and that's as certain as it gets in my mind - I say we take him and let them compete for #2 behind Eli next year and for the starting job the next year.

Exactly. Even if he's not our next Russel Wilson, he may be our #2 for a very long time.

Oh and I don't disagree if Webb is a capable QB I'm sure whoever the new guys are will see it.

I just hope Mara doesn't make it "You have to play Webb or else you're not getting the job." Type of thing.

You won't be attracting to many good HC/GMs with that.

Oh...no, no, no...my argument is that Webb needs to see the field now in order to make the decision on draft day 2018

We are stuck with him either way. In my opinion we should keep Eli, draft a qb and carry all three next year. Gives us time to evaluate/groom the young guys while we try to compete.

The problem with that approach is simply that with Eli taking all the practice reps and the limited practices overall - the other two might not get the evaluation you suggest.

If Webb doesn't play adequate minutes by the end of the season, I would (1) restructure Eli, (2) draft a QB in the 1st round, and (3) keep all three for 2018 before letting Eli go after 2018. We could roll into 2019 with a 2-season 3rd rounder in Webb and a 1-season 1st rounder in ???.