SportsWrath

Wow manning benched

Herc

This is exactly how I feel. The younger Mara cant hold a candle to his old man.

Geno is not the future of the franchise and if the coaches and management think he is it makes me question how we've been competitive this long. There's an argument to be made to see what your rookie's got if you're planning for the future but you don't bench the best QB the franchise has seen for Geno fucking Smith.

Giants FO - "Mara it looks like the team cant possibly get any worse, it's almost like we are the new Jets"

Mara - "Hold my beer, we have their old QB"

Everyone bitched when Mcadoo stated they had no plans to get Webb some reps. Now everyone is bitching because the plan moving forward is to do exactly that.

Dude. This is not the way to treat your 13 year face of the franchise 2 time Superbowl MVP quarterback. Let him play out the 5 games, announce the decision in February, throw him a party complete with cake and cookies, and let him ride off into the sunset with dignity. Not in the last quarter of the season, making it look like 2-9 is on him. Everyone has speculated the end of his career would come soon, some as soon as next season anyway. And don't give me (not you personally) the whole "it's a business" or "we need to evaluate..." crap. 5 games isn't going to tell them anymore than an entire off season of evaluation is. They already know what they've got, or more precisely, don't got.

All Im saying is to be practical. Manning led this team but hes not producing. Any quarterback in the NFL, many backups included, can put up a single offensive score per game. A lot of us were saying whats the point in risking him getting hurt after he took sole possession of second on the consecutive start list. Its not like we can have it both ways, either he plays, ineffectively, and risks getting hurt or we work on getting a younger, more athletic quarterback some reps in a meaniglsss season.

Eli Manning wouldnt be here if the Giants hadnt done nearly exactly that to Kurt Warner. He just wasnt their own starting QB for 13 years. Still benched a winning and successful starting quarterback with the team having a winning record. People have to move on. Manning is done in the NFL. Alex Smith will be next and it will happen very soon.

While cunt brain is busy with the Eli bashing - Warner was benched because Giants had drafted their franchise QB and he was always to be the starter for years to come. Warner wasnt benched for Jesse Palmer. Big difference.

Eli basically told McAdoo to fuck himself. McAdoo basically threw in the towel and told Eli you can start but we will throw in those other guys in during the game. Eli said - so what you are saying is you think we have lost the game before it even begins. If Im not being told to compete to win a game then you can go fuck yourself. This is exactly what happened.

My question is what the hell are they going to evaluate in the QB position throwing to King and Lewis with a shitty OL and shittier RBs?

I really want Eli to go to the Jags now - they are just a competent QB away from the SB.

As Chuck Wagon said earlier - maintain your dignity and class - come back to the Giants for a day and retire a Giant.

Go Jags!!!

Is there an echo in here?

And yet still, even with subpar QB play for the past three years, here we are with a losing record and no one wants to make any actual changes. Mannings skillset is still a significant part of the problem right now. You simply cant win with a game manager QB.

tom brady can't move either...and he tears up every team..with a different group of players every year..but Brady is The greatest ever so maybe not a fair comp

Drizzle, you think Geno smith should be the guy to replace Eli?

I agree with her, if you're benching Eli, it has to be for Webb...webb should be taking every snap for the rest of the season

You're delusional on this one. Or you're just stirring the pot. I think you're smarter than this.

This is what Ive been saying for a few years now. John Mara is NOT his father. Itd be one thing if it was Webb-in fact getting some tape on Webb for five games is smart before we decide to commit a number 1 pick on a qb, but playing geno over manning at all is a slap in the face. John Mara doesnt deserve Eli Manning on his team

I hope Wellington comes to Johnny boy like a Ghost in A Christmas Story... and kicks his fucking ass, having him clean house of the entire coaching staff and front office

Drizzle, you think Geno smith should be the guy to replace Eli?

I agree with her, if you're benching Eli, it has to be for Webb...webb should be taking every snap for the rest of the season

You're delusional on this one. Or you're just stirring the pot. I think you're smarter than this.

Of course not, but Im not stupid enough to believe the plan is to play Geno for more than one or two games. Webb hasnt even been active all season. Obviously the first step would be to activate him and have him back up Geno.

But had Mcadoo flat out said what, three weeks ago, that yes, Manning would eventually give way to other quarterbacks as the teams playoff chances became zero, would that outrage still be here? I mean, thats when nearly everyone suggested it had to be inevitable. Look, we all knew it would happen, many of us even thought Mcadoo SHOULD be looking to play other quarterbacks, we all knew itd be difficult and sad, and apparently, any move to actually do so WOULD be met with outrage.

But had Mcadoo flat out said what, three weeks ago, that yes, Manning would eventually give way to other quarterbacks as the teams playoff chances became zero, would that outrage still be here? I mean, thats when nearly everyone suggested it had to be inevitable. Look, we all knew it would happen, many of us even thought Mcadoo SHOULD be looking to play other quarterbacks, we all knew itd be difficult and sad, and apparently, any move to actually do so WOULD be met with outrage.

I think it is a different story, if he was handing the ball to anyone but Geno Smith. New York fans know just how bad the guy is. If they had activated Webb a week or two ago, and they pitched it like Eli has been working with the guy to get him ready for his first game, Giants fans would be glued to their TV this Sunday at 4:30 instead of out doing other things like we will be doing now.

Like I said earlier, it needs to be about Webb, not Geno. We know what we have in Geno. Webb is the unknown. Given Webb hasn't even dressed yet this year, I think the Giants are behind a week. Meaning, they should have dressed and given practice reps to Webb starting a week or two ago...likely during the bye...so that when this time came, he could be ready to be evaluated in a real game.

Geno is a backup. End of story.

If they play their cards right, I think Eli could still be the starter next year. Evaluate Webb...if he's the future QB, let Eli play next year, Webb back him up and dress on Sundays. Let Geno walk. If Webb is not the guy, draft a QB at #2 or 3 overall, let Eli mentor him for a year, and then transition to the new QB for 2019.

I don't think they necessarily did Eli too terribly wrong here...I think the major fuckup is that they're going to Geno and not Webb. Had they gotten Webb practice snaps starting with the bye, he'd be ready to go in now, at least for evaluation purposes.

Its not his fault but its the rare occasion a QB can keep it going past 35. A lot contributed, like him being shell shocked because of the offensive line. But he cant hang in and deliver a pass or really even throw an accurate pass with authority or touch anymore. He doesnt work the pocket well and timing routes are off, even when he had his starting receivers available.

You have no run game. You have no O-line. Without those two things a passing game doesn't work regardless of how old he is.

You have no run game. You have no O-line. Without those two things a passing game doesn't work regardless of how old he is.

Yeah, but you have to consider too...when was Eli ever regarded for his accuracy outside of a few passes in big games? I love me some Eli Manning as a Giants fan, but it isn't for his accuracy. Durability, decency, cool-headedness, and a non-issue off the field in NYC...all severely underrated aspects.

I agree, any evaluation of the backups will have to be with a grain of salt. It'll have to be on plays where they have time. If the line breaks down in front of them, you have to kinda throw that play out of evaluation. Good thing they have 5 games of tape and practices to accumulate.

Both are patently false. Darkwa averages nearly 5 yards per carry. Nearly a yard and a half more than Jay Ajayi. The offensive line is middle of the road. There are plenty of successful teams with mediocre offensive lines.