SportsWrath

Wow manning benched

Herc

Remember all those times when a NFL team benched their starting QB of 14 years in the middle of a season, just to turn it all around.

Oh right I cant.

Teams like the Browns do this.

Not the Giants....well not till now.

Eli Manning wouldnt be here if the Giants hadnt done nearly exactly that to Kurt Warner. He just wasnt their own starting QB for 13 years. Still benched a winning and successful starting quarterback with the team having a winning record. People have to move on. Manning is done in the NFL. Alex Smith will be next and it will happen very soon.

Eli Manning wouldnt be here if the Giants hadnt done nearly exactly that to Kurt Warner. He just wasnt their own starting QB for 13 years. Still benched a winning and successful starting quarterback with the team having a winning record. People have to move on. Manning is done in the NFL. Alex Smith will be next and it will happen very soon.

Warner was a free agent and Eli was the number 1 draft pick. Eli is a local hero and Geno Smith was so bad he could not play for the fucking Jets

Warner was a free agent and Eli was the number 1 draft pick. Eli is a local hero and Geno Smith was so bad he could not play for the fucking Jets

Is there an echo in here?

And yet still, even with subpar QB play for the past three years, here we are with a losing record and no one wants to make any actual changes. Mannings skillset is still a significant part of the problem right now. You simply cant win with a game manager QB.

Saddest day in recent Giants history. I really don't have any words.

And to add insult to injury, benching Eli for Geno? ​I never even wanted him in a Giants uniform, forget ever seeing him play a snap. He's a piece of shit as a player and a bigger piece of shit as a person. And now he's 'our' starter? No. Not my starter.

Go Raiders.

Is there an echo in here?

And yet still, even with subpar QB play for the past three years, here we are with a losing record and no one wants to make any actual changes. Mannings skillset is still a significant part of the problem right now. You simply cant win with a game manager QB.

You simply cannot win with Geno at QB

Shame on The New York Football Giants.

This pretty much sums it all up for me.

I wasn't truly embarrassed by the team and their awful losing season, until today. Whomever is responsible for this...should be ashamed. And fired.

OHHHHH its all his fault then? SMH

Its not his fault but its the rare occasion a QB can keep it going past 35. A lot contributed, like him being shell shocked because of the offensive line. But he cant hang in and deliver a pass or really even throw an accurate pass with authority or touch anymore. He doesnt work the pocket well and timing routes are off, even when he had his starting receivers available.

I don't think you can immediately put Webb right in there to start. I think that's the plan and he will get time, but I think this week isn't the time to do so. Maybe 4th quarter. Watch Geno will get hurt and Eli comes in to a standing ovation.

I don't think you can immediately put Webb right in there to start. I think that's the plan and he will get time, but I think this week isn't the time to do so. Maybe 4th quarter. Watch Geno will get hurt and Eli comes in to a standing ovation.

My guess is thats exactly what theyll do.

I thought you had to start working in Webb, but I also think when the best QB in the history of your franchise says, "I don't care about my record, I want to win" you say back to him, "after all you've given this organization, we can at least give you that." It's embarrassing to be benched for Geno Smith.

Eli is one class act. Not many left like him.

This is what Ive been saying for a few years now. John Mara is NOT his father. Itd be one thing if it was Webb-in fact getting some tape on Webb for five games is smart before we decide to commit a number 1 pick on a qb, but playing geno over manning at all is a slap in the face. John Mara doesnt deserve Eli Manning on his team

Hed better fucking clean house. Gm and coach, and no lame fucking internal promotions to head coach because he thinks hes right and the fan base is a bunch of morons who need a bone thrown their way. I already havent given a dime to him this year and Im happy to keep my money again next year if he wants to continue to be stubborn. The only reason this guy isnt portrayed as a Jerry Jones or Al Davis type meddler is because of his last name.

Not going back over 3 pages. This is the dumbest fucking choice yet. If Webb was worth a fuck right now, he'd be the #2 QB. And while he may well end being good, he couldn't be now. Then you put him behind a line like this and you have a fucking disaster waiting to happen. Now on Sunday we have a kid who the Jets couldn't dump fast enough, throwing to guys to wide receivers who shouldn't be in this league or handing off to a rb who has 500 yards and is having a career year!. I predict now that Evan Engram is going to get hurt in these next 5 games if these fucking guys are targeting him.

This team has guys who are playing hard and deserve better. Eli Manning throwing with his left hand blindfolded is still the better option. I don't care how bad he's been he deserves the opportunity to finish out the season. This is a fucking tank job and I hate it, I hate a team who throws in the fucking towel no matter how bad they are. Fans pay big bucks to go watch this team play and they should be getting the best team they can no matter what happens. Guys like Collins and Harrison and Vernon, JPP are trying out there, they dont need to go the whole season knowing they are going back onto the field every 2 minutes.

I haven't been this pissed since the Kurt Warner/Eli situation where somehow, some people actually thought that it was a great idea to dump a qb who had a winning record, for a green qb (Eli) who then stunk up the joint and we threw the season away. I hated it then, hate it now. Jerry can fucking go now and Ben for all I care at this point can head also. But that I guess isn't going to happen now as the excuses are being piled up to save his job end of season.

This is what Ive been saying for a few years now. John Mara is NOT his father. Itd be one thing if it was Webb-in fact getting some tape on Webb for five games is smart before we decide to commit a number 1 pick on a qb, but playing geno over manning at all is a slap in the face. John Mara doesnt deserve Eli Manning on his team

This is exactly how I feel. The younger Mara cant hold a candle to his old man.

Geno is not the future of the franchise and if the coaches and management think he is it makes me question how we've been competitive this long. There's an argument to be made to see what your rookie's got if you're planning for the future but you don't bench the best QB the franchise has seen for Geno fucking Smith.