SportsWrath

Catholic Game Day

gmenroc

43 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Sal Licata on WFAN saying he still thinks the Giants are a playoff team, hahahhahahha.

He is so bad...he's such a moron in terms of sports analysis and intuition. He also constantly gets data points/facts wrong.

I don't understand why they ran Mark Melussis off the show. I liked him and think he would pair better with Tierney.

Well the conference sucks.  We couldn’t stay with Dallas or phi last year either.  

4 minutes ago, Herc said:

Well the conference sucks.  We couldn’t stay with Dallas or phi last year either.  

To me, this Arizona game is going to be telling. Their D line is a bunch of scrubs. So if our O line can't handle that, then we're fucked for the season. Even if we win...if we win, but barely win and/or struggle on the OL, it will be indicative of larger problems.

That third down botch snap really set the tone. A play that early in the game shouldn't really set the tone, but here we are. Man, the personal foul hit to Jones pumped up the Cowboys. I think the Giants were feeling the hype to much. Can't really get more embarrassing than that. Next week is winnable. 

Legally they had 7 sacks. In reality it was 9 with 2 negated by penalty. 9 fucking sacks. Are you kidding me? And I may be wrong because I just couldn't stand to watch the highlights closely, but it sure looked like Jones laid down on a few of those. Aye caramba what an embarrassment.  

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

To me, this Arizona game is going to be telling. Their D line is a bunch of scrubs. So if our O line can't handle that, then we're fucked for the season. Even if we win...if we win, but barely win and/or struggle on the OL, it will be indicative of larger problems.

No doubt.  Would very much like to see if our d-line full of pedigree names can generate any sort of pass rush too

24 minutes ago, BronxRik said:

Legally they had 7 sacks. In reality it was 9 with 2 negated by penalty. 9 fucking sacks. Are you kidding me? And I may be wrong because I just couldn't stand to watch the highlights closely, but it sure looked like Jones laid down on a few of those. Aye caramba what an embarrassment.  

Might as well.  He’s getting no time to throw and the casuals are going to come for his head as a result.  Might as well keep yourself from getting hurt on top of that 

You don't know a team can't pass protect, until they can't pass protect.

No-one was too outraged about the line before the season, there was concern, but there was some hope we would be better. Schoen did address it the last 2 years but again this rebuild was going to take more than this year. 

Neal has gotten one year so far, Thomas only started improving in year 2, If he's as bad at the end of this year then the flag can go up.

Brederson is the bigger issue here and I'd just go with Ezuedu and see what we have there. Schmitz, it's game one. His mistake swung the game but again, he just showed up.

Glowinski is no great shakes clearly but that side of the line and a rookie center ain't helping. Thomas, as good as he is had 2 holding calls last night.

If Schmitz doesn't muff the snap, we at least kick a field goal and get Dallas starting at their 20. The next big mistake was abandoning the run on drive 2. Dallas weren't handling it. Once we went 2 scores down we were fucked, you can't go 2 scores down to these teams as they just blitzed the fuck out of us.

Just gotta think bigger picture here, we're not worse than last year, that's stupid.

21 minutes ago, boohyah said:

Brederson is the bigger issue here and I'd just go with Ezuedu and see what we have there. Schmitz, it's game one. His mistake swung the game but again, he just showed up.

Joe Isuzu had every opportunity to win the starting job and couldn't... he was the current regime's guy, high draft pick, etc.  He didn't win it because he's a bum and a wasted pick. 

That blocked FG that lead to the first score?  Take a look at who was supposed to pick up the block that play. 

1 hour ago, BronxRik said:

He got the deer in the headlights look by the end of the first.

Made some bad throws too. 

Can't blame him to much he regressed to bad Jones after getting his brains kicked in.

Still 40 million dollar should pay for some composure. 

13 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Can't blame him to much he regressed to bad Jones after getting his brains kicked in.

I only watched till that pick of his, but after that late hit to me it looked like Jones' bell was rung.  Wouldn't surprise me to learn that his brain was a little scrambled last night. 

19 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Joe Isuzu had every opportunity to win the starting job and couldn't... he was the current regime's guy, high draft pick, etc.  He didn't win it because he's a bum and a wasted pick. 

That blocked FG that lead to the first score?  Take a look at who was supposed to pick up the block that play. 

Isuzu picks the guy on the outside and Brederson takes the guy on the line and the Cowboy jumped through both and made the block. That's on both of them or your special teams coach who lines them up. There was no science there, Cowboys are overloading that side and the Giants didn't cover that. That's more on coaching.

I didn't say he's the answer, I said Brederson doesn't look like he is so why not go with the guy you brought in the draft. Nothing unreasonable there.

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

The Jones pick where he was practically out of bounds was just terrible by Jones. 

7 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Honestly, I appreciated the team sucking so bad so I could be in bed by 9:30.

I'm tired of looking competitive and blowing the game in the last 90 seconds so I'm wide awake and wound up till 2AM. 

Aww mang... you missed all of the late night Giants screeds on radio like the WFAN afterward.  I walked into a veritable smorgasbord of delights in Reddit, reading about how bad the Giants are.  Just wonderful stuff.  Two years away from a Super Bowl if last night is the product.  Our Game Manager better get more time to at least get to his second read before he runs. :laugh:

7 hours ago, mastershake said:

So on WFAN, there was already a call this morning with a Giants fan calling to bench Daniel Jones and trade for QB Sam Ehlinger, hahahhahahhahhahaha

It has been delicious listening to the screeds and craziness man.  It is like the old Giants Board for sure. :laugh:  Old military adage... never reinforce a retreat or defeat.  Just take you ass whipping and move on.  You reinforce victories and breakthroughs.  When you reinforce debacles you are just feeding people into a meat grinder.

6 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

correct me if my eyes deceived me, but there was one observation I had throughout the game that I don't think I've seen noted elsewhere: seemed like the only guys I saw slipping and sliding out there were GIants. 

Better shoe wear was a factor for sure.

4 hours ago, Mr. P said:

In 2007, the year we won the super bowl, there were threads calling the season over after 2 games.  

We gave up 80 points over the first 2 games that year.  

This is one game and we have a whole season.   

Daboll needs to give the o-line some help and not go away from the run so quick. 

I agree with P here.  Not a Super Bowl team... yet could still win 9-10 games and get into the tournament.  I think Daboll was definitely viewing where his most pressing needs are, and where the holes are very apparent. 

2 hours ago, Herc said:

Might as well.  He’s getting no time to throw and the casuals are going to come for his head as a result.  Might as well keep yourself from getting hurt on top of that 

Back in the day we called it the Tony Dorsett Routine (star running back for the 80s Broke Backs) where Tony would lay that ball on the ground to keep from getting those killer hits from LT.  Franco Harris of the 70s Steelers was known for going down easy as well.  When football is you livelihood you KNOW which hits to take/absorb and which hits to avoid, if you are under duress.

2 hours ago, boohyah said:

You don't know a team can't pass protect, until they can't pass protect.

No-one was too outraged about the line before the season, there was concern, but there was some hope we would be better. Schoen did address it the last 2 years but again this rebuild was going to take more than this year. 

Neal has gotten one year so far, Thomas only started improving in year 2, If he's as bad at the end of this year then the flag can go up.

Glowinski is no great shakes clearly but that side of the line and a rookie center ain't helping. Thomas, as good as he is had 2 holding calls last night.

If Schmitz doesn't muff the snap, we at least kick a field goal and get Dallas starting at their 20. The next big mistake was abandoning the run on drive 2. Dallas weren't handling it. Once we went 2 scores down we were fucked, you can't go 2 scores down to these teams as they just blitzed the fuck out of us.

Just gotta think bigger picture here, we're not worse than last year, that's stupid.

I totally agree... just stay the course so far.  The run was abandoned too soon.  That bone head penalty on their first drive was an absolute killer.  You could see guys deflate from a reachable two yards to OMG now its seven...lets watch the Broke Backs come with everything now, except when it is two yards they have to play vanilla.

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

This as well.  Very dangerous pass in a very bad situation that would result in his security blanket (Barkley) getting possibly fucked up for a few yards.  He is no Phil Simms or Eli in absorbing punishment and not coughing up easy interceptions, fumbles and/or sacks.  30-35 million at most... if not to his liking move on.  55 years of football watching makes you a bit mercenary.  The Jones' of the world come and go.  The Giants are more or less eternal.

2 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

I totally agree... just stay the course so far.  The run was abandoned too soon.  That bone head penalty on their first drive was an absolute killer.  You could see guys deflate from a reachable two yards to OMG now its seven...lets watch the Broke Backs come with everything now, except when it is two yards they have to play vanilla.

Daboll and the coaching staff fucked up a lot last night. It's as much of a learning moment for them as anybody. Little too much hype in the offseason.

2 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

I only watched till that pick of his, but after that late hit to me it looked like Jones' bell was rung.  Wouldn't surprise me to learn that his brain was a little scrambled last night. 

I thought it might have happened on the first drive, when he drew the personal foul while sliding. A teammate picked him up immediately, and Jones had a bit of a dazed look in his eyes.

Doesnt really matter - no QB is gonna be able to do anything when all sides collapse around him in under 2 sec and you dont exactly have a Jefferson or Chase on your team. Shake it off - Arizona's defense really played well against the Commanders. Im more keen on seeing how this offense responds against the Cards next week

51 minutes ago, Giants Shredder said:

There will be some tough practices just off Rt 3 starting today!

One would hope...but guys gonna be a bit sore after getting their asses kicked on Sunday night...I could see coaches laying off too.

More interested to see if Thomas practices at all this week.