SportsWrath

Catholic Game Day

gmenroc

5 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

lol, I understand, but you did say that his ability to run is what makes him 'good'.  I think if the QB's most effective trait is his ability to run, then he's not a good QB at all.

A thought experiment ---- an average passer, but the very best QB in the league due to his ability to run; just how good a runner is he? We've seen Mike Vick out there, motherfucker was a half step shy of Gayle Sayers, and still not a good (enough) QB. This hypothetical QB, who's he run like? Jim Brown? Would even that be good enough?

Yeah, for Daniel Jones it’s his ability to run that makes him good.   So we should utilize that.  

id rather have Eli out there, but we have who we have.

22 hours ago, Herc said:

I'd rather he misses more time just to be on the safe side.   Hamstrings are the worst to predict.   You think you're ok and before you know, you're not.... You know it's bad when the doctors tell you "Don't do anything".   don't stretch it... don't massage it... don't do a damn thing just let it heal. 

On 9/13/2023 at 9:51 AM, CrazedDogs said:

oh, and here's a concerning observation about Dallas's defensive scheme: their edges gave zero fucks about respecting the hand off. They were basically daring Barkley to find the cutback lane (which he never did), and instead committed to hitting Jones at every opportunity.

In a way, it was validating to see a team take what I've said for years is the way to attack a run-focused QB ---  just hit the fucker, hit him when he runs with it, hit him when he hands it off and fakes a bootleg, just fucking hit him. Its in the game, if he's a runner or pretending to be a runner, he's a fair target. Finally, I see a team put that game plan in effect, and of course, its against the Giants, and of course, it worked. Way too well.

To me, it looked like a blueprint for taking apart the Giants offense. Barkley doesn't have the vision to punish a D for that level of aggression, and Jones, well WTF is Jones supposed to do if the D doesn't bother to respect the other options on offense and we're running a scheme based on misdirection? 

Hopefully that's a game plan that only works when you're like four or five talented edge players deep, including Parsons. But I don't know, every NFL team has athletes. 

On 9/13/2023 at 10:04 AM, GorillaNJ said:

It also helped Dallas being up 16-0 in the blink of an eye, they could take the risk of giving zero fucks about Barkley possibly busting one in the shit rain

I agree with both of this submissions.  Also those constant hits on a QB takes a toll on them.  One thing about boxing is that the jab will not knock you out... but over the time of a fight, the constant jab will make you lower you hands from exhaustion in defense and finally the uppercut, cross and/or haymaker makes it through the now lowered defenses and it becomes a KO or TKO.  I think the Broke Backs just pinned their ears back and punished Jones.  I think both Jones and Barkley are stop gaps in the Giants current iteration with the misdirection.  the Giants have to make teams pay for over committing.  No bone head mistakes and more runs up the gut with a second string RB to loosen up that defense somewhat.  Then do your misdirection plays with Jones and Barkley.  Look back to Tarkenton... first with the Giants then the Vikings.  He went to the big game four times... and came up short... same as the Buffalo Bills.  You will never see the likes of Mahomes taking off every other play because without those linemen around him, he becomes fair game.  I still think the Giants can win with their current formula, but they have to work at it and adjust if necessary.

On 9/13/2023 at 4:04 PM, Nas said:

I'd rather he misses more time just to be on the safe side.   Hamstrings are the worst to predict.   You think you're ok and before you know, you're not.... You know it's bad when the doctors tell you "Don't do anything".   don't stretch it... don't massage it... don't do a damn thing just let it heal. 

Hamstrings are like backs... stay with you a long time.  I have had a tight left hamstring since I was 18.... 41 years and going.  NFL is all about playing the walking wounded, which is not a good thing.