SportsWrath

Catholic Game Day

gmenroc

4 hours ago, GorillaNJ said:

That was a brutal Broke Back call... This brought me back to the "good old days of Landry's Broke Backs".  They do the exact same thing... no call.

4 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

So do they want Jones to get hurt?

They pulled the Oline and he's out there? 

Fuck that's 40 million getting his dick kicked in. 

At this point the Giants might be better off.  It looks like Jones was pushed onto Daboll... this is has all the makings of that to me.  Why keep your 40 million dollar run when you can QB with no OL to speak off in the game to get teed off on.  This was like looking at the Giants of the Pisarcik era back in the mid 1970s.

Oh well - an absolute disaster of a game. One of these was expected - am just glad it happened Week 1 in Primetime - at least now we will be swapped out of some primetime games.

And BIC - WTF are you smoking/drinking/inhaling or injecting?? Is a T and H missing in your moniker? Every post ends with a "lol"

Jones on average had 1.7 sec to pass before being hit - every snap - that was the NextGen Stat average - you cant do shit when both sides AND the middle collapses on you almost every play and you are running for your life. I had no idea this OL was gonna be this fucking bad - Cant even imagine what the Eagles DL will do.

Just a day where everything that could go wrong went wrong for the Giants - the botched snap, blocked FG, the "INT" TD return - Everything. 7 fucking sacks, 15 QB hits! - it was a statement that Jones decided to stay in there till the end of the game instead of saying fuck this shit. Guy earned my respect and probably the OL better get a fire lit under their ass. This game was lost in the 1st qtr - it was almost like the team knew its not our night. Shits not gonna work. Pats lost 37-0 to the bills in Game one and then won the SB beating the Bills 37-0 in Week 17. This team needs work for sure - but this Dallas D was absolute ferocious today - and the Giants got flattened because of NOTHING falling their way. Pollard fumbles and the balls falls into Dallas's hands - Hodgins fumbles and it goes straight to Dallas.....Saquon gets hit and balls flies straight to Dallas - just a fucking shit show day. Sleep it off, next week is next week.

Well week one was even worse than I thought. I highly suspected a loss, but thought we would compete. 

Is this a reflection of the rest of the year? Yes and no. All the good teams are gonna run roughshod over our o-line. But there are lesser teams. After that performance I’m seeing a 6-11 at best. Hopefully they find a way to evolve. 

With two games remaining against the Eagles...another Dallas...and the 49ers...given last night, that's an easy 4 more losses.

And Thomas is getting an MRI on his hamstring...if he is out, I just don't know.  Jones literally had less than 2 seconds to throw last night...you cannot win that way.  

33 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Neal is looking like he's not there too, and Glowinski and Bredeson are playing like backups.

In fact, as of today, the entire 2022 draft is looking pretty bad.

As I was saying in the other thread, we're a 8 or 9 win team, but also 7 wins wouldn't shock me either.

I didn't love Evan Neal in the draft process but thought he could kick inside to guard if/when he doesn't pan out as a tackle. It looks like that's a strong possibility. 

I thought Kayvon Thibodeau's floor was Jadeveon Clowney but his ceiling was Javon Kearse.  Looks like we're getting his floor so far. 

The rest of those guys (except Bellinger) I thought were wasted picks.   It was a draft of JAGs with some truly head-scratching moves. 

10 hours ago, mastershake said:

WFAN is going to be a shit show this week

"What if we bring up that kid Tommy Devito from the practice squad...maybe see what he can do."

"Do you think the Giant should try to trade up to take Caleb Williams?"

So on WFAN, there was already a call this morning with a Giants fan calling to bench Daniel Jones and trade for QB Sam Ehlinger, hahahhahahhahhahaha

37 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

correct me if my eyes deceived me, but there was one observation I had throughout the game that I don't think I've seen noted elsewhere: seemed like the only guys I saw slipping and sliding out there were GIants. 

I didn’t observe that necessarily, but I definitely felt the cowboys were just better suited for that field. Like they were so fast in every single aspect of the game. Every single one of their 53 were much faster than ours. It seemed weird. Even special teams man. Not just the blocked kick, but every punt was nearly blocked it seemed. The only thing that didn’t go their way was missing the xp. I remember wondering if Dallas had better cleats on because they were thoroughbreds and we were new born giraffes 

Sal Licata on WFAN saying he still thinks the Giants are a playoff team, hahahhahahha.

He is so bad...he's such a moron in terms of sports analysis and intuition. He also constantly gets data points/facts wrong.

I don't understand why they ran Mark Melussis off the show. I liked him and think he would pair better with Tierney.

39 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

I didn’t observe that necessarily, but I definitely felt the cowboys were just better suited for that field. Like they were so fast in every single aspect of the game. Every single one of their 53 were much faster than ours. It seemed weird. Even special teams man. Not just the blocked kick, but every punt was nearly blocked it seemed. The only thing that didn’t go their way was missing the xp. I remember wondering if Dallas had better cleats on because they were thoroughbreds and we were new born giraffes 

yeah I don't think it truly impacted the outcome, but qualitatively it seemed there was a difference in how the two teams were moving out there. 

Usually when its wet the pass protection has the advantage, so all else being equal, the wet weather should have been a good break for the Giants. Dallas looked like they were running a track meet at thew snap. No issues whatsoever. 

8 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Sal Licata on WFAN saying he still thinks the Giants are a playoff team, hahahhahahha.

He is so bad...he's such a moron in terms of sports analysis and intuition. He also constantly gets data points/facts wrong.

I don't understand why they ran Mark Melussis off the show. I liked him and think he would pair better with Tierney.

I still say they are too.  

5 minutes ago, mastershake said:

So given that we're losing against the Eagles, Cowboys, Bills, and 49ers, what teams are we beating to go 10-1 vs the remaining competition?

Surprises happen every season, shit surprises happen every week.    We are beating at least one of those teams. 

teams that are supposed to win, lose all the time. 

In 2007, the year we won the super bowl, there were threads calling the season over after 2 games.  

We gave up 80 points over the first 2 games that year.  

This is one game and we have a whole season.   

Daboll needs to give the o-line some help and not go away from the run so quick. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

In 2007, the year we won the super bowl, there were threads calling the season over after 2 games.  

We gave up 80 points over the first 2 games that year.  

This is one game and we have a whole season.   

Daboll needs to give the o-line some help and not go away from the run so quick. 

If this team wins 6 games straight like in 2007, or heck even 3 games straight the next few week, then we'll talk. Until then, I'm still projecting them as, best case scenario, 8 or 9 wins, and most likely looking like a 7 win team, especially if this Thomas injury is serious.

10 minutes ago, mastershake said:

If this team wins 6 games straight like in 2007, or heck even 3 games straight the next few week, then we'll talk. Until then, I'm still projecting them as, best case scenario, 8 or 9 wins, and most likely looking like a 7 win team, especially if this Thomas injury is serious.

cool.