SportsWrath

Draft thread?

BlueInCanada

So as I understand it, through three rounds, we have the edge rusher we deperately needed, day one impact starter.  Immediate starting RT.  Added a versitle offensive weapon when there seem to be questions about all other offensive weapons on the team,  a probably year 1 or 2 starter at gaurd, and a DB that???

Honestly about as good as I would have hoped for. 

6 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Okay so with Flott rounding out round 3 for the Giants, this has officially been a day of significant reaches by Schoen and co.

4th-5th rounders taken substantially higher.

It's like Mara left the room and Schoen said "ok boss is gone time to fuck around"

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

Let's list all the great 5'8 WRs in the NFL.

You start. 

Lol  

It doesn’t matter the position… Tyreek Hill is what 5 10? Tryann Mathieu is 5 8 or 5 9?  And who was that stud safety who played for the colts?   Measure the man by the size of his heart.  

4 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

So as I understand it, through three rounds, we have the edge rusher we deperately needed, day one impact starter.  Immediate starting RT.  Added a versitle offensive weapon when there seem to be questions about all other offensive weapons on the team,  a probably year 1 or 2 starter at gaurd, and a DB that???

Realistically if 3 of these 5 end up as solid starters then it's been a good draft.

3 minutes ago, Nas said:

It doesn’t matter the position… Tyreek Hill is what 5 10? Tryann Mathieu is 5 8 or 5 9?  And who was that stud safety who played for the colts?   Measure the man by the size of his heart.  

Oh man....you just gave me a boner for Ahmad Bradshaw and Joe Morris.

9 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Oh man....you just gave me a boner for Ahmad Bradshaw and Joe Morris.

How could I forget my boy Ahmed Bradshaw?  Thanks for reminding me.   Smaller guys play with a chip on their shoulders… trust me I know.

5 minutes ago, boohyah said:

In the later rounds, I'd pick guys from the SEC all day. These kids are playing the best players all year for years.

Solid strategy.  Be an interesting analysis, see what conferences have the most day 3 draftees as starters, contributors to the teams that drafted them

26 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

Flott?

Projected to be an "average backup or special teamer." We just spent a third on him. 

25 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Okay so with Flott rounding out round 3 for the Giants, this has officially been a day of significant reaches by Schoen and co.

4th-5th rounders taken substantially higher.

It great that Schoen didn't fuck up the two picks my 75 year old mom could have made, but I'm not impressed. It may be a long 5 years with this guy. 

4 hours ago, mastershake said:

Stephen Baker.

4 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Lol i remember thinking "wasn't there some super short WR who played for the Giants? Back in the 80s?" As I posted that.

Stephen Baker the cracked-out Touch Down maker... plus the D.C. Smurfs....

3 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

3 hours ago, Treehugger said:

Flott played Nickel, Corner and Safety. Seems Schoen values versatility.

3 hours ago, mastershake said:

Realistically if 3 of these 5 end up as solid starters then it's been a good draft.

3 hours ago, boohyah said:

It didn't take long around here.

Listen this is a good draft.  If we get two or three solid contributors out of the draft it will  be great.