SportsWrath

Draft thread?

BlueInCanada

So day 3...you've you got?

Looking at a couple CBs sitting there.  Armour-Davis, Jobe, Castro-Fields...all guys with talent to build on.  Wouldn't mind a LB here either.  Domann is a guy who seems like a hell of a special teamer in case he doesn't develop into a starter.

Really missed out on a TE yesterday.  None of the remaining are exciting in any way.  Thought for sure we'd have McBride or Dulcich or the kid from Ohio St.

I like the guard and DB picks.

Project guys who have versatility across their positions. 

Im still surprised about the Robinson pick, I feel like we already have that gadget guy in Toney but this is clearly a Daboll has plans for the kid pick.

Reading more about him he just produces when he gets his hands on the ball and has done it against big competition.

Plus he has that whole RB/WR thing going for him that is taking over the NFL.

With Shepard basically a walking IR unit and Slaytons massive regression the WR room is down to Golladay and Toney, I thought they would address WR but with a third round pick not the second with all the defensive talent there.

However I am excited to see how Daboll uses him.

Also the NFL crew are raving over Robinson and EazyDu picks. Robinson just being a big time producer and play maker and Ezeudu being a guy who can play any position on the line and can even start sooner rather than later. 

Flott needs to go hit them burgers and flapjacks then the weight room but he could developed into an DB who can play inside/outside. 

Still don't like picking Robinson in round 2. 

6 picks today, with most front loaded in rounds 4 and 5.  I can't get very excited about day 3 picks but its nice to have some young bodies, and who knows, maybe there is a Brandon Jacobs, Kevin Boss, or Ahmad Bradshaw hidden in there for us. 

27 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Im still surprised about the Robinson pick, I feel like we already have that gadget guy in Toney but this is clearly a Daboll has plans for the kid pick.

Reading more about him he just produces when he gets his hands on the ball and has done it against big competition.

With Shepard basically a walking IR unit and Slaytons massive regression the WR room is down to Golladay and Toney, I thought they would address WR but with a third round pick not the second with all the defensive talent there.

I think we're seeing a roster built to it's strengths. That is a team building theory I've been thinking about lately, the idea being to identify what you do well, and then build a team that can sustain those strengths even as personnel flows in and out. 

The two prior regimes both took a team building approach more like a kid playing Pokemon.... gotta catch em all! But in the free agency era I think a well rounded team is a team that doesn't do anything particularly well.

4 minutes ago, mastershake said:

What do you guys think about QB Sam Howell or Bailey Zappe in the 5th?

Low risk picks at that point.

Isn't there some college backup we can draft there instead? Maybe somebody on no one's draft board? 

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

He was ranked as a mid 1st pick by a lot of experts until his pro day, when he measured 3" shorter than what Kentucky had him listed as (5'11" lol).

What's the % chance of guys in the 4th round or later turning into starters? It's gotta be something like 15%? Very small.

I wonder if any analytics gurus have crunched the numbers on this.

Granted that doesn't mean these guys aren't helpful even if they're not starters.

Among the 1,010 tight ends in the RAS database, Bellinger’s performance at the NFL Combine ranked 36th all-time. His 9.66 overall score is only .34, away from a perfect RAS of 10. It is also considerably higher than Dulcich and McBride.

This kid might be a fucking steal.

https://www.eastvillagetimes.com/sdsus-daniel-bellinger-is-the-best-te-in-the-nfl-draft/