SportsWrath

Draft thread?

BlueInCanada

On 4/30/2022 at 5:50 PM, BlueInCanada said:

If we had three of four guys who work out we would be a statistical anomaly.

I'd be happy with two.

"Be on the team," not necessarily work out. Basically I expect we'll keep 4 of these guys and 1-2 will be good. 

This guy sees it pretty much the same way as me. 

The reason everyone is saying the Giants had a great draft is because those same guys have been telling us that Joe Schoen is a genius that's going to be the next great GM... and it's tough to say the guy who you've been praising as a genius made eight really questionable picks his first time out. 

Oh I only question five or six of the picks.

The first round and Bellinger were strong picks I think. I've come around on Flott too, I think the consensus was off on him - he's tall, fast, and very young.

Robinson, I don't know. He's the only one I really wonder what they're thinking.

Last time I was so unsure about a second round pick the dude was Osi Umenyiora, so shows what I know.

It's his first draft. He got the ones right he should have and probably 1 or 2 more. I'll be more concerned if he screws up next year's draft when we have all that cap space to work with. 

11 hours ago, BronxRik said:

It's his first draft. He got the ones right he should have and probably 1 or 2 more. I'll be more concerned if he screws up next year's draft when we have all that cap space to work with. 

Yeah but like... this is the dude's job. He's spending 12+ hours per day on this and he reaches for guys 60-100 picks ahead of where they're expected to be drafted? I'm hoping he just didn't have good info since like half of the scouts are Gettleman's guys but that's really alarming. 

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

...watch this motherfucker block and tell me he was a questionable 4th round pick. 

This guy will be a fan favorite.

He was actually the other guy I thought was a good pick in that spot. I think he's got a chance to be a really good two-way TE (I've been asking for one of those literally for ten years). 

2 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Yeah but like... this is the dude's job. He's spending 12+ hours per day on this and he reaches for guys 60-100 picks ahead of where they're expected to be drafted? I'm hoping he just didn't have good info since like half of the scouts are Gettleman's guys but that's really alarming. 

Gettleman wasn't bad about reaching though.

I think we're looking at very narrow scheme and personality fit evaluations. That's probably going to be Schoen's MO. The Patriots are like that too, they have like 20 player draft boards.

8 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

...watch this motherfucker block and tell me he was a questionable 4th round pick. 

This guy will be a fan favorite.

He seems like he is mean and nasty trying to put his guy down.  He also gets to the second level with very little trouble.  I like what I see here.