SportsWrath

Draft thread?

BlueInCanada

Arizona trading a #1 (#23 overall pick) for Brown is interesting.

He's a decent receiver, but is he worth a #1? I thought Arizona could have used an offensive lineman with that pick (e.g. Tyler Linderbaum), since more of their offensive woes can be traced to a lackluster OL. He's also in year 4 of his rookie contract, so only two years left on contract if they pick up the option.

I think the Ravens got the better end of that deal.

4 minutes ago, mastershake said:

He's a decent receiver, but is he worth a #1? I thought Arizona could have used an offensive lineman with that pick (e.g. Tyler Linderbaum), since more of their offensive woes can be traced to a lackluster OL. He's also in year 4 of his rookie contract, so only two years left on contract if they pick up the option.

Easily.  I know there’s a big salary difference but we’re dangling a better player at a more premium position and can’t get anything but this guy nets a 1st?  Lol 

14 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Yep... OL are ten-year guys for the most part.  WR's are at best four to five years before the big payout and they become unaffordable or go elsewhere.

9 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Yep... OL are ten-year guys for the most part.  WR's are at best four to five years before the big payout and they become unaffordable or go elsewhere.

Yup plus the Cards are a team already with Hopkins, AJ Green (a shade of his former self, but still), Rondale Moore, Zach Ertz. That along with maybe a 2nd-4th round WR pick and/or TE pick really should be more than enough firepower. Their team had an abysmal OL, and their Center in particular sucks plus he's on the wrong side of age 30, so the pick really should have been Linderbaum for them. 

Just now, mastershake said:

Yup plus the Cards are a team already with Hopkins, AJ Green (a shade of his former self, but still), Rondale Moore, Zach Ertz. That along with maybe a 2nd-4th round WR pick and/or TE pick really should be more than enough firepower. Their team had an abysmal OL, and their Center in particular sucks, so the pick really should have been Linderbaum for them. 

For sure... the Broke Backs under Johnson, Ravens and Pats all show the way of getting good linemen to keep their QB's upright and make holes for those RB's.  Who cares about all world WR's if the QB cannot get them the ball or does not have the time to get them the ball?