SportsWrath

Draft day thoughts

Tempest

16 minutes ago, TrashTalker92 said:

Love the trade down but who the F is this WR?   For some odd reason it feels like a Eli apple or Eric flower type of pick, hope I’m wrong.  

Except with this one even if he turns out like those guys, we got an extra 1st, 4th, and 5th.

11 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Except with this one even if he turns out like those guys, we got an extra 1st, 4th, and 5th.

We can’t think like that. We need to make every first(and second) round pick count.  Ahhhhhhh. I’m happy we got the extra pick but def not happy with how we use this pick.  

I’m not mad.   Why should I be? Scouting and evaluating NFL talent isn’t my profession.   

I trust Judge’s judgment.   This pick reminds me of when the Eagles drafted scrawny Jackson and boy that pick was a good one.

We traded down and got an additional 1st next year... Let’s give the kid a chance. 

Looks like the Cowboys found Sean Lee's replacement.  Now I get see how good of a linebacker he will be twice a year.

I didn't know what we were getting in Odell Beckham Jr when we drafted him, I can say the same for Kadarius Toney so looking forward to seeing a new and vastly improved offense on the field in September.  :giants:

These were tweeted out seconds before the pick.  A few minutes earlier vacchiano said he thought they’d go OL or edge.  The whole NY media said smith was the guy yesterday morning. Serious leakage 

for those of you wondering what the 'character concerns' are with Toney, he was caught with an AR-15 in his backseat three years ago. Explained that he didn't trust 'the locals'.

Actually that puts my mind at ease..... I wouldn't trust Florida townies either. This is a sensible man with his head on straight. 

4 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

for those of you wondering what the 'character concerns' are with Toney, he was caught with an AR-15 in his backseat three years ago. Explained that he didn't trust 'the locals'.

Actually that puts my mind at ease..... I wouldn't trust Florida townies either. This is a sensible man with his head on straight. 

I like him even more now....

52 minutes ago, Herc said:

These were tweeted out seconds before the pick.  A few minutes earlier vacchiano said he thought they’d go OL or edge.  The whole NY media said smith was the guy yesterday morning. Serious leakage 

Serious leakage?

I still don't understand how.

The Giants clearly wanted playmakers in the draft.

One of the playmakers was falling. 

If it wasn't Smith it would of been any of the other WRs out there. 

Smith/WRs have been mocked to the Giants since the season ended.

Am i the only one who thinks DG and the team did a pretty good job here ............

We got an excellent WR who will have immediate impact.

We got 3 extra picks including next year's' 1st rounder ( probably even a top 10 pick because the Bears will be rubbish  )

Our O line played pretty well in the second half of last season and it is not awful. The reason we could not score points last season was more about our terrible WRs not getting any separation ( and of course the crushing loss of #26 )

Sure we could do with more help on the O line and the young guys still need to grow and show improvement. ( but most teams have the same issues )

Im sure DG / Judge and the boys are acutely aware of this and will add some strength and depth to the O line over the next few days

4 minutes ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

Am i the only one who thinks DG and the team did a pretty good job here ............

We got 3 extra picks including next year's' 1st rounder ( probably even a top 10 pick because the Bears will be rubbish  )

Our O line played pretty well in the second half of last season and it is not awful. The reason we could not score points last season was more about our terrible WRs not getting any separation ( and of course the crushing loss of #26 )

Sure we could do with more help on the O line and the young guys still need to grow and show improvement. ( but most teams have the same issues )

Im sure DG / Judge and the boys are acutely aware of this and will add some strength and depth to the O line over the next few days

Oh they sure were awful. And we lost our best OL and didn't replace him.

7 minutes ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

I think most of us are good with how the first round played out.  I love having the bears 1st rounder next season.  

Lots of good oline left and some good edge players to be had tonight too.  

13 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

I think most of us are good with how the first round played out.  I love having the bears 1st rounder next season.  

Lots of good oline left and some good edge players to be had tonight too.  

I seriously doubt DG drafts OL with the 2nd round pick. Possibly not even the 3rd round as well. DG seems content with our current OL.

A GM who thinks he needs OL doesn't pass on Slater or Vera-Tucker when they fall into his lap like that.

Decent guys are still out there in the 2nd, but it won't matter for DG. He's going defense all the way with this next pick.

Anyhow...it never should have come to this, where we're relying on middle round draft picks to upgrade the OL this year from it's current mediocre state. That's all on DG neglecting it during free agency and then passing on top OL talent in the draft. It's another botched year.

2 minutes ago, Herc said:

I just hope he keeps the pick to himself whoever it is 

DG has telegraphed what he thinks are needs.

WR

Edge

CB

Expect a combination of Edge, DL and CB with the next two picks. Christian Barmore is still available; I wouldn't be shocked if DG drafts him.

12 minutes ago, mastershake said:

I seriously doubt DG drafts OL with the 2nd round pick. Possibly not even the 3rd round as well. DG seems content with our current OL.

A GM who thinks he needs OL doesn't pass on Slater or Vera-Tucker when they fall into his lap like that.

Decent guys are still out there in the 2nd, but it won't matter for DG. He's going defense all the way with this next pick.

Anyhow...it never should have come to this, where we're relying on middle round draft picks to upgrade the OL this year from it's current mediocre state. That's all on DG neglecting it during free agency and then passing on top OL talent in the draft. It's another botched year.

Well I guess no reason for me to even watch tonight.