SportsWrath

Draft day thoughts

Tempest

2 minutes ago, mastershake said:

We're one mid round draft pick away from transforming this OL? I'll bet you anything DG doesn't draft an OL until round 3 or later. He obviously doesn't think it's a need if he's passing on Slater and Tucker.

We were on mid round first round pick away from transforming this Oline?

Or better yet.

We can still get a round 2 OL like Tucker and Slater, and get a dynamic playmaker, and get a draft haul of picks.

But who knows lol apparently you do though lol

2 minutes ago, NeMesiS said:

This team is a joke. A fucking joke! Our OL is one of the shittiest lines in the NFL. We just lost our BEST OL in free agency. But we draft a WR knowing full well our OL can’t protect for more than a fucking second. I’m so angry right. I almost slammed my phone. Fire that stupid fuck now. 

So we draft Jenkins in round 2 lets say.

Or a guy like Davis, Carmen who would step in day one and make the Oline better.

What then? Or is it just "Hate life all the time" around here?

1 minute ago, BronxRik said:

So, with all this skill position talent being taken in the 1st, won't that leave top OL and D talent for the later rounds? We can still get 1st round talent later....right? 

How fucking dare you suggest the Giants have more than one round to select an OL player.

1 minute ago, jranieli said:

There's plenty available who can start in the second round.

DG won't draft OL in round 2. He's already indicated that he doesn't think we need OL by passing on Slater and Vera Tucker.

We're going into the season with 4 starters in year 2 at their positions and either Will Hernandez or a 3rd-6th round draft pick.

It's another botched year.

2 minutes ago, BronxRik said:

So, with all this skill position talent being taken in the 1st, won't that leave top OL and D talent for the later rounds? We can still get 1st round talent later....right? 

No, other teams are taking OL.

Also I say again, DG won't draft OL in round 2. He's already indicated that he doesn't think we need OL by passing on Slater and Vera Tucker.

Just now, mastershake said:

DG won't draft OL in round 2. He's already indicated that he doesn't think we need OL by passing on Slater and Vera Tucker.

We're going into the season with 4 starters in year 2 at their positions and either Will Hernandez or a 3rd-6th round draft pick.

We didnt pass on either of them, we traded down lol what the fuck.

I need to pull a Pdoub and start coming here while high all the time lol

2 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Or a guy like Davis, Carmen who would step in day one and make the Oline better.

I am praying for Tevin Jenkins or Creed Humphrey, or similar in the 2nd.

But he passed on solid OL talent in the first, so I expect him to again in the second. He obviously doesn't think OL is a big need.

1 minute ago, BlueInCanada said:

We didnt pass on either of them, we traded down lol what the fuck.

I need to pull a Pdoub and start coming here while high all the time lol

DG doesn't think we need OL. He wouldn't have done nothing in free agency and pass on Slater and Tucker if he did.

His coaches are all telling him they have five starters right now.

We're morons.

6 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

How fucking dare you suggest the Giants have more than one round to select an OL player.

I mean, I'm no draft guru, but if top OL or D guy in the first was passed up on and QB's, WR's and now RB's are all being taken instead, Top OL and D guy is still gonna be available later. Aside from the "what if" factor of Getty fucking up the pick, what am I missing here? We can still get 1st round talent later.

4 minutes ago, BronxRik said:

I mean, I'm no draft guru, but if top OL or D guy in the first was passed up on and QB's, WR's and now RB's are all being taken instead, Top OL and D guy is still gonna be available later. Aside from the "what if" factor of Getty fucking up the pick, what am I missing here? 

DG is not going to draft OL in the 2nd. Probably not the 3rd as well.

He put all the premium contracts in free agency into everything except the OL.

Then when Slater and Vera-Tucker are there for your 1st round premium pick, he passes on them....then when Tevin Jenkins or Derrishaw are available, he passes on them as well.

A GM who thinks we need OL doesn't do this. 

I'm telling you...DG thinks we already have a capable OL. He doesn't think it's a need.

5 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Jenkins won’t last until 42. No way! We CANT BLOCK a line of Carebears to save Jones life. But drafting WR is the answer. Morons!!! 

5 minutes ago, mastershake said:

I think that's kind of their point though, about four starters in year 2, another in 3... These guys are all still improving. Granted they were not good last year, but they were much better at the end than at beginning. I'm guessing they're projecting the improvement to continue and take them past average.

25 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Also all the "SHOULD OF WENT OL!!@@!!!@@#@!!"

People got to realize there is a ton of second round OL guys who are going to be day one starters.

Wyatt Davis/Jackson Carman are both day one guards

Yep.

There is a TON of day-one starters to be had on the OL in rounds 2-4 this year. WR too for that matter.

23 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

And I watch almost no college football.  His highlights he looks shifty as fuck.  But I think I’d prefer a 6’5” plax type wr in the draft and someone who gets after the qb in the first round 

at least we get 2 first round pics next year 

Josh Palmer, Nico Collins,  or Marquez Stevenson in the middle rounds. Trevino Grimes or Tamorrion Terry in the later rounds.

19 minutes ago, mastershake said:

We'll need him for all the 3rd and longs we'll be in, lol.

Normal, winning franchises don't draft a 3rd WR in the middle of the 1st when their OL is shit.

There's a lot of guys still out there... don't worry man, there's a lot of draft left.

I know this might be a head scratcher for some but when you think of this guy, think "Dave Meggett" floor and "Tyreek Hill" ceiling. He's going to be a good player.

1 minute ago, NeMesiS said:

Jenkins won’t last until 42. No way! We CANT BLOCK a line of Carebears to save Jones life. But drafting WR is the answer. Morons!!! 

the line isn't good, but the bigger issue with the offense in 2020 was a lack of separation by the receivers. Nobody was open.

2 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Yep.

There is a TON of day-one starters to be had on the OL in rounds 2-4 this year. WR too for that matter.

Josh Palmer, Nico Collins,  or Marquez Stevenson in the middle rounds. Trevino Grimes or Tamorrion Terry in the later rounds.

There's a lot of guys still out there... don't worry man, there's a lot of draft left.

I know this might be a head scratcher for some but when you think of this guy, think "Dave Meggett" floor and "Tyreek Hill" ceiling. He's going to be a good player.

Unfortunately, Dave Meggett is his floor in more ways than one.

No wonder Joe Judge looked nervous.

3 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Yep.

There might be some decent OL in the 2nd but again, DG wont use that pick on OL.

Expect Edge, LB, or DB in the 2nd.... possibly DL too.

26 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

We were on mid round first round pick away from transforming this Oline?

Or better yet.

We can still get a round 2 OL like Tucker and Slater, and get a dynamic playmaker, and get a draft haul of picks.

But who knows lol apparently you do though lol

No we can't...and we won't. DG isn't drafting OL in rd 2. 

2 minutes ago, TrashTalker92 said:

Love the trade down but who the F is this WR?   For some odd reason it feels like a Eli apple or Eric flower type of pick, hope I’m wrong.  

It's a poor man's ODB while we still don't have an OL. It's years 2014-2018 all over again.