SportsWrath

Coaching Changes wanted?

Lughead

I concur and I think Sullivan leaving may have been a big hit for Eli. He seemed to be getting more comfortable the last 2 years. As I always say though, Eli giveth and Eli taketh away. Whether as fans we like it or not Eli is what Eli is. He can single handily win games or cluster fuck them away.

I concur and I think Sullivan leaving may have been a big hit for Eli. He seemed to be getting more comfortable the last 2 years. As I always say though, Eli giveth and Eli taketh away. Whether as fans we like it or not Eli is what Eli is. He can single handily win games or cluster fuck them away.

Seriously guys... It's not that bad. Dallas will choke and RGIII has been hobbled. Gmen take the division this year. Book it.

I can dig it Blind...and yeah Eli is a gunslinger Lone...a more consistent and productive Brett Favre type...our Eli.

I can dig it Blind...and yeah Eli is a gunslinger Lone...a more consistent and productive Brett Favre type...our Eli.

Only problem is I don't think any NFCE team has what it takes to beat the other NFC powerhouses. That 9ers game last night was pretty scary and we all know the Falcons are going to be tough to beat in the post season this year.

.......we have some of the best coaches in the NFL with good continuity....we have won 2 superbowls in the last 5 years ....TC has had 8 consecutive ( non losing ) seasons .......we will make very few changes ....even if we go 8-8 and miss the playoffs ......we are spoilt fans !

Why don't you guys just be bandwagon fans and pick another fucking team. This much crying from a fan base who's team has won two super bowls in five years and could potentially finish the season with a better record than last year just makes you all sound like a fucking bunch of bitches. Go watch golf or get lives so you don't feel crushed when your team doesn't win a game.

Why don't you guys just be bandwagon fans and pick another fucking team. This much crying from a fan base who's team has won two super bowls in five years and could potentially finish the season with a better record than last year just makes you all sound like a fucking bunch of bitches. Go watch golf or get lives so you don't feel crushed when your team doesn't win a game.

Fine then.

Good bye!!!!!

I mean it!!!!

i don't think it's unreasonable to be upset with how the team played or how the coaching staff performed.

^This^...we are fans...whether rational and/or irrational. I might add that most of the stuff that I bring up has been brought up by former players like Carl Banks...who along with Bob Papa (though just a radio analyst) have far more insight into all things Giants than any of us can hope to have. So if Carl/Bob are saying that the Giants offense is too predictable and have no midfield plays; should be playing Wilson; should be putting Kiwi back on the line; should be playing more man to man rather than the Tampa-2 (Cover-2)...then I will go with what they say. :)

I think that only Gilbride would be culpable at this point...maybe our D-line coach. Obviously, it's on the players to play and perform. I don't know that our players are so out of position scheme-wise to fault our defense. But at the end of the day, it's on the coaches to get the players to play to their potential and if the players aren't doing so, than a change needs to occur.

Gilbride's playcalling has been questioned. I didn't realize he was also the WR coach. I've thought that our WR routes have been pretty vanilla all year. There appears to be a lack of creativity there.

If any head should roll, I'd argue for Gilbride, but I don't know that I'd fully support that move just yet. The team has performed very, very well at times which speaks to its potential. The issue is consistently showing that potential that seems to be the issue.

I think that only Gilbride would be culpable at this point...maybe our D-line coach. Obviously, it's on the players to play and perform. I don't know that our players are so out of position scheme-wise to fault our defense. But at the end of the day, it's on the coaches to get the players to play to their potential and if the players aren't doing so, than a change needs to occur.

Gilbride's playcalling has been questioned. I didn't realize he was also the WR coach. I've thought that our WR routes have been pretty vanilla all year. There appears to be a lack of creativity there.

If any head should roll, I'd argue for Gilbride, but I don't know that I'd fully support that move just yet. The team has performed very, very well at times which speaks to its potential. The issue is consistently showing that potential that seems to be the issue.

It's not the same person at WR coach.

We have 2 Kevin Gilbrides coaching? Well, you can't very well fire dad without firing son or vice versa. I'm okay with canning them both.

Ayup...please oh please let some Division I or II school fall in love with this ski shades begoggled self-styled offensive genius... :praying: Because in Giants land there will be no firing of assistants unless you show Coughlin the tape of him being corn holed by Reese and Mara...and Tynes is not letting it out of deep underground vault for anything less than saving his job... :P

they are frustrating but they've earned the right to not have their heads called for

All I ask for is a little consistency, god dammit! How do you go from throttling the Saints one week to getting shutout by a team the Saints beat in a 1 week span....?

^This^...we are fans...whether rational and/or irrational. I might add that most of the stuff that I bring up has been brought up by former players like Carl Banks...who along with Bob Papa (though just a radio analyst) have far more insight into all things Giants than any of us can hope to have. So if Carl/Bob are saying that the Giants offense is too predictable and have no midfield plays; should be playing Wilson; should be putting Kiwi back on the line; should be playing more man to man rather than the Tampa-2 (Cover-2)...then I will go with what they say. :)

I never really got his fascination with the Tampa 2....we don't really have the players. Tampa 2 is full of quick defenders who keep plays in front of them. Our defense runs a Tampa 2 but functions in the exact opposite fashion....slow defenders who chase plays down from behind. Aside from the fairly consistent turnover production, the defense does everything wrong, and other than those times, is completely out of position. They do have the bend but don't break part down pat, but all that does is lose us the field position battle---which is why I HATE the theory behind the Tampa 2. If you're going out to stop a defense, be aggressive and stop them---if you get beat, go back out and be aggressive the next time. Force 3 and outs. Force bad field position--field position is a huge part of what got us through the first 8 wins as well as the playoff run last year. If you don't think Tynes can nail a 48 yarder in a dome (I personally think he can), don't go for it on fourth and long, pin the other team in their end zone!

Absolutely! You see the DBs jumping routes and being on our receivers like glue! On that 1st INT by Eli on Sunday, for instance, Nicks just ran what we used to call a buttonhook in my back yard...but we ran it better. You have to run hard off the line, making them think you're going deep, so the sudden stop is effective. Nicks ran 3/4 speed and did a sloppy, tentative stop and turn. No drive to the ball. I could have covered him on that play and I'm 61 years old! A lot of times, our receivers just look like they're running straight upfield. I guess the idea is for them and Eli to read deep or back shoulder but more and more, it looks like the DBs know just where the receivers want to go.

2 SBs buys Gilly some latitude in my book but I hope to hell he does some self scouting and gets back to being a step ahead, not behind the opposing D.

Absolutely! You see the DBs jumping routes and being on our receivers like glue! On that 1st INT by Eli on Sunday, for instance, Nicks just ran what we used to call a buttonhook in my back yard...but we ran it better. You have to run hard off the line, making them think you're going deep, so the sudden stop is effective. Nicks ran 3/4 speed and did a sloppy, tentative stop and turn. No drive to the ball. I could have covered him on that play and I'm 61 years old! A lot of times, our receivers just look like they're running straight upfield. I guess the idea is for them and Eli to read deep or back shoulder but more and more, it looks like the DBs know just where the receivers want to go.

2 SBs buys Gilly some latitude in my book but I hope to hell he does some self scouting and gets back to being a step ahead, not behind the opposing D.

Maybe it's the other Gilly that needs to be fired then.

.......we have some of the best coaches in the NFL with good continuity....we have won 2 superbowls in the last 5 years ....TC has had 8 consecutive ( non losing ) seasons .......we will make very few changes ....even if we go 8-8 and miss the playoffs ......we are spoilt fans !

Couldn't agree more. I despise our DC, but he still got us a Lombardi.

Cam Cameron is available, we need someone who can get the worst out of Eli.

see thats the other side too if Gilbride goes what is out there? Is hopefully keeping Gilbride going to be the lesser of two evils?

Gilbride will probably be here as long as Tom Coughlin is. Unfortunately, the argument for his effectiveness will be his offense's pretty numbers, like it is every year. Everyone will continue to miss the intangibles of a good playcaller....like situational instances like 3rd and 1 inside the 20 and you're running a draw play for the third play in a row instead of something logical.