Jim Herrmann Linebackers

Robert Nunn Defensive Line

SPECIAL TEAMS

Tom Quinn Special Teams Coordinator

Larry Izzo Assistant Special Teams Coach

STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING

Jerry Palmieri Strength and Conditioning

Markus Paul Assistant Strength and Conditioning

A lot of us feel something needs to change. Not just because of the lost to Atlanta. Even with 2 Super bowl rings there was and is still this Void or disconnect Some where like a black hole that sucks the life out of this team. A lot of us feel Some major Coaching changes are needed. OC DC are the obvious complaints but as we see in the run game on both sides of the ball maybe we should also be looking at Flaherty , Nunn , Giunta ,Merritt and Herrmann should be put on watch as well. Also we know If an DC or OC change was made then the Incoming Coordinator would surely pick his own underlings.

I know there will be no change during the season. Coughlin is to Loyal WAY TO LOYAL (Herzlich???) There is only one way that we will see Change in the Coordinator positions at that is if they are hired as Head Coaches. we now Fewell will be the Rooney pony show. If Gilbride does go on to a head coaching job will he pull his underlings along? Kevin's son is the WR coach.

Now If we end up next spring minus both Coordinators (Gilbride and Fewell) who does Coughlin go to? how big is his coaching tree. You know he will looking to pick off the fruits of his labor.

Another thing If Coach Coughlin hangs up his whistle after this year then how does the coaching soup play out. Surely the first person that the front office will look at is Gilbride. If you do not want Gilbride as the head coach of the Giants then you will want him to go before Coughlin retires.

Coughlins coaching tree: in case he has to go pick some fruit.

Coaching tree

NFL head coaches under whom Tom Coughlin has served:

Assistant coaches under Tom Coughlin who became NFL head coaches:

Assistant coaches under Tom Coughlin who became NCAA head coaches:

whats with the mention of herzlich?

Lber from Boston College from where Coughlin cut his prime time HC teeth years prior. Sure we needed a LBer but not one just because he came from BC. I know he went undrafted .

Lber from Boston College from where Coughlin cut his prime time HC teeth years prior. Sure we needed a LBer but not one just because he came from BC. I know he went undrafted .

Someone was going to give him a chance, we did, he made the team. He's a good backup and good special teams player. You're off on this one.

Someone was going to give him a chance, we did, he made the team. He's a good backup and good special teams player. You're off on this one.

If thats how you see it . We already selected 3 Lbers in the draft ahead of him before he came in undrafted. I am not saying he is awful I am was just trying to point out how much Coughlin is Loyal to where his roots lie.

Good Lord, it's one loss. It was a bad game. We got outplayed and outcoached. It sucks. It hurts. Everyone's pissed. And when we win next week, beat Philly the next, and get into the playoffs, everyone will be anointing Coughlin & co. as the second coming of Jebus.

Sometimes it's just plain hard to be a Giants fan.

I'm sick and tired of Gilbride.....I'm less sick and tired of Fewell, but I'd takes Spags back over Fewell in a heartbeat.

So yeah, if the Giants had new coordinators next season, I'd be thrilled.

I'm now firmly of the opinion that Gilbride is holding back Eli and the rest of the offense.

The whole deal with Lumpkin was the final fucking straw.....Gilbride has absolutely no fucking feel for the offense.

over-reacting boys.........I'm still feeling good about our chances

but the team needs to step up....I'd like to see Ojomo activated, our D line is a shadow of what it once was. Where was Kiwi today, is he injured?

Also it was apparent Bradshaw is way more important than I thought he was. You want to blame today on the coaches but it was the players that let you down

Also you have to move Boothe back to center.....Baas blows

I'm sick and tired of Gilbride.....I'm less sick and tired of Fewell, but I'd takes Spags back over Fewell in a heartbeat.

So yeah, if the Giants had new coordinators next season, I'd be thrilled.

I'm now firmly of the opinion that Gilbride is holding back Eli and the rest of the offense.

The whole deal with Lumpkin was the final fucking straw.....Gilbride has absolutely no fucking feel for the offense.

I wouldn't mind seeing a change at OC either, but not because of today. While Gilbride has 2 rings, he's been wildly inconsistent in getting us there. We need someone who can put a string of wins together. As long as the Giants keep making the post season, us fans will be stuck with him.

Honestly, I don't get the whole co-ordinator hate towards Gilbride today. Sure he's no genius, but Eli was poor all day, throwing shit into the ground when it was easier to throw it right. He almost had Cruz killed on that throw. And futhermore, a lot of the plays are discussed with Eli before he takes the field, so he's making decisions at the line. Eli gets the credit when the team wins, he deserves some of the blame for losses like this. I mean he went and told Coughlin he wanted to throw on the last 4th and 2 and then couldn't even get the ball out to the wing.

Is Gilbride tellng Eli to start every game with an INT.........Gilbride pulling all these FGs to the left?

No, things like that are on players performance. Shit happens, it's why they play. But when, for example, you have the hot hand in Wilson coming off a 300 yard game, why the fuck do you run Kregg Lumpkin? Or when the Skins have one of the worst secondaries out there, why the fuck do you keep running at them instead of exploiting their weakness. When it comes to screwups like that, Gilbride has been absolutely brilliant.

Guys the whole thing I wrote wasn't about just today's game its been building for years or eroding if you like. I was trying lay out what is out there or what could happen with the coaching staff if it were changed after this year. Sure I don't care for Gilbride's coaching style myself and would like to see a young hungry OC but I don't think there are any on Coughlin's Coaching tree. I sure wish Spag's would of stayed in NY as well but he had to go and to be fair to him we let him chase his dream. Who else is out there that would be a great fit for us? again if need be.

Honestly, I don't get the whole co-ordinator hate towards Gilbride today. Sure he's no genius, but Eli was poor all day, throwing shit into the ground when it was easier to throw it right. He almost had Cruz killed on that throw. And futhermore, a lot of the plays are discussed with Eli before he takes the field, so he's making decisions at the line. Eli gets the credit when the team wins, he deserves some of the blame for losses like this. I mean he went and told Coughlin he wanted to throw on the last 4th and 2 and then couldn't even get the ball out to the wing.

When these games happen Eli is who needs to be cut. He was trowing poorly all over the field. Gilbride could have been the best coach of all time and wouldn't be able to pull this game out. The O constantly shit the bed. Atlanta was starting most drives at their own 40. I wouldn't fire any coach and I do like Coughlin's more aggressive attitude of late. The Giants couldn't get a 4th and 1, 4th and 1, 4th and 2. How is a coach supposed to win with such poor execution?

The grass is always greener on the other side but I guarantee that when there is a major coaching shake up, and it will happen, the Giants will regress. I think the Giants win because of Coughlin and Gilbride.

Gilbride's gameplan was pathetic.

Where was the play action pass? A three step drop? Chipping the DE with a back? Running back option in the flat? Screen pass? Occasional hurry up?

Let's face it.....we've got an offensive coordinator who thinks his scheme is so ****ing awesome that it doesnt' require any adjustments.

Gilbride took today's best offensive player - Wilson - out of the game. Fuck him, I want him gone.

And Tynes sucks too.

Gilbride's gameplan was pathetic.

Where was the play action pass? A three step drop? Chipping the DE with a back? Running back option in the flat? Screen pass? Occasional hurry up?

Let's face it.....we've got an offensive coordinator who thinks his scheme is so ****ing awesome that it doesnt' require any adjustments.

Gilbride took today's best offensive player - Wilson - out of the game. Fuck him, I want him gone.

And Tynes sucks too.

Hear...hear...Tynes I could care less about either way...kickers go through their slumps...but Mr. Offensive (in the negative stinking kind of way) Genius can drop dead as far as I care. There has to be some college program somewhere that will take his ass...Fuck if the Crypt Keeper (Al Davis) was still alive he could have relieved us of this guy...but even Al in his senility wanted nothing to do with him. And if Eli is the elite QB we think he is he will adjust. I think he misses most is his QB coach of a couple of seasons ago. And Fewell needs to play Kiwi on the line...not in space...Tuck should be relegated to DT duties only...and Osi should come in only on third downs and/or if a team is in pure pass mode because he is a liability against the run. And please oh GOD ...please get a real sideline to sideline outside linebacker high in the draft.

Hear...hear...Tynes I could care less about either way...kickers go through their slumps...but Mr. Offensive (in the negative stinking kind of way) Genius can drop dead as far as I care. There has to be some college program somewhere that will take his ass...Fuck if the Crypt Keeper (Al Davis) was still alive he could have relieved us of this guy...but even Al in his senility wanted nothing to do with him. And if Eli is the elite QB we think he is he will adjust. I think he misses most is his QB coach of a couple of seasons ago. And Fewell needs to play Kiwi on the line...not in space...Tuck should be relegated to DT duties only...and Osi should come in only on third downs and/or if a team is in pure pass mode because he is a liability against the run. And please oh GOD ...please get a real sideline to sideline outside linebacker high in the draft.

I concur and I think Sullivan leaving may have been a big hit for Eli. He seemed to be getting more comfortable the last 2 years. As I always say though, Eli giveth and Eli taketh away. Whether as fans we like it or not Eli is what Eli is. He can single handily win games or cluster fuck them away.