SportsWrath

Shockey Traded?

Lubeck

and mod's abusing their powers. What a nice night.

Well what is the point of having powers without every once and awhile flexing them? I was the chief moderator for the Rome Total Realism modifications forum for a year and was known to give in to the temptation now and again.

Listen this is the last time I am going to tell you. Stop stating facts without backing them up with factual sources. One more time and you are going to be banned and this time around, Rik is going to give you a spanking that you will never forget.

All of that darn bike riding has affected his brain cells. He should be banned until the results of the neurological exam come in.

I was never a huge Shockey fan... and why? Because he's always been such an asshole that even when he's making big catches, he's hard to root for.

I'm not sad to see him go one bit. We won the Super Bowl without him; we'll be fine.

I will never forgive that sure touchdown he dropped against the 69'ers in the playoffs. I was vacationing in San Francisco a month after that game and my cousins who live in San Fran were reaming me unmercifully about that Hole and his big mouth and how he choked during a critical moment. :explode:

Well what is the point of having powers without every once and awhile flexing them? I was the chief moderator for the Rome Total Realism modifications forum for a year and was known to give in to the temptation now and again.

The Best Rome Total War mod ever....except when I was playing the Roma Barboroum mod....then it was too close to call. :TU: Well now off to CivFanatics so I can disappoint all of those newbs who want to play my Civ IV Mod: Realism 2.0.....heh, heh currently it is unplayable due to unforseen crash to desktop bugs;.....oh well eat'em you noobs. LOL!!! As the only American Mod I say Drop Dead and wait BEEWWWAAHhhhhahaahhhh!!!! :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

I will never forgive that sure touchdown he dropped against the 69'ers in the playoffs. I was vacationing in San Francisco a month after that game and my cousins who live in San Fran were reaming me unmercifully about that Hole and his big mouth and how he choked during a critical moment. :explode:

The time he stopped to argue with a ref after an interception WHILE THE PLAY WAS STILL GOING ON turned me off of the guy forever. Tackle, then argue.

The time he stopped to argue with a ref after an interception WHILE THE PLAY WAS STILL GOING ON turned me off of the guy forever. Tackle, then argue.

Oh yeah how could I forget that brilliant play. And he was in position to slaughter the guy too. :furious:

Yep. A few Shock plays I'll always remember (both good and bad):

The catch over Dawkins that helped the G-men to the playoffs.

The non-catch the next week vs. San Fran... bounces right off his goddamn hands.

Running over that Colts safety. Man, he just obliterated that guy... all I could do was laugh my ass off.

His catch and run vs. the Texans in the Preseason of his rookie year. He throws one guy aside, outruns another and steamrolls another guy before he's tackled. That's when I knew we had someone who was special.

Watching in THREE CONSECUTIVE GAMES Shockey standing alone in the end zone... and having Kerry Collins passes bounce of his hands in his sophmore year. I was at the third game and I don't think I've ever heard the Giants Stadium crowd boo so loudly... and the asshole was laughing about it. Not funny.

The dumb ass spike in the beginning of this year that cost us a first down... and his subsequent "that's the way I play" talk in the locker room. Really? "That's the way you play?" Costing your team a victory? Nice job, retard.

Watching him kick the Cowboys' asses every game for the past five years.

Shockey calling Parcells a "homo." Awesome. One of the few times I've enjoyed his brash attitude. :TU:

Shock taking a "less than direct" route to the end zone to prove something to Julian Peterson... and Peterson stonewalling him.

As far as the power running game is concerned, what happens if Olivea has his head out his ass, either him or Diehl moves to guard, and Seubert plays TE in short yardage? Or Olivea is used as a TE? Or Koets or Whimper? And that's without mentioning Matthews.

I absolutely love the Olivea signing. It's a low risk high reward deal. Sometimes hitting rock bottom will humble a guy (see Josh Hamilton). If he can keep himself straight I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Olivea compete for a starting job. He's a good lineman.

I cannot read all 7 pages of this thread, but the only thing that sucks about this trade is that it Gives the Gmen nothing for this up coming season.

eh, other than TE, we really had no needs, and don't have the roster space. I actually like that we're already loading up on picks for next years draft. We have our 7 picks, 2 from the Saints, & I believe we're on track for 2 Comp picks. With 11 picks next year, trading up to get a player JR really likes will be cake. I hope NO goes to shit!

The Saints did a smart deal here and Reese kinda looks foolish.

Time will tell. On the basis of the numbers alone we gave up a lot and made D Coords in Dallas, Philly and Wash ecstatic:

from Hashmarks:

Since entering the league in 2002, Shockey has been one of the most productive tight ends. Here's where he ranks among NFL tight ends since 2002:

Receptions: 371 (2nd)

Rec yds: 4,228 (3rd)

TD rec: 27 (tied for 4th)

Then again one of the hallmarks of the pigeons over the last decade has been knowing when to get rid of guys and Shockey has had a lot of wear and tear over the years:

games missed:

2007: 2 (broken leg)

2006: 1 (ankle)

2005: 1 (ankle)

2004: 1 (back)

2003: 7 (knee)

2002: 1 (turf toe)

we also know he play hurt a lot. I guess time will tell. Bress had a great raport with Gates. We will see if he can get the same out of Shockey

I honestly have mixed feelings about this, I've always been a Shockey fan but it may have just been time for him to go, with the shouting match shit and all the other stuff. He just wasn't fitting on the team.

Goodluck Shock, Boss you better step the fuck up.

But a 2nd and 5th? C'mon.

Well, although Shockey has been playing better lately, I was never a big fan of his, and always thought he was overrated. But I do think he was worth more than a 2 and a 5.

Boss is not gonna produce like Shockey. Mark my words this is gonna hurt our ofensive scheme.

I think we already proved we're better off with Boss. Shockey just wasn't worth his negativity.

The Saints did a smart deal here and Reese kinda looks foolish.

Shocky has a lot of talent no doubt but the Giants wasn't a good fit for him anymore.. and he wasn't a good fit for the Giants. Reese played his cards right.. he tried to get more but couldn't.. 2nd and 5th ain't too shappy for a TE who didn't want to be here.

I absolutely love the Olivea signing. It's a low risk high reward deal. Sometimes hitting rock bottom will humble a guy (see Josh Hamilton). If he can keep himself straight I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Olivea compete for a starting job. He's a good lineman.

Christian Peter. Kerry Collins. Hell, Plaxico Burress... the Giants have a great track record of reclamation projects. Olivea was a really good signing, and a typical Reese signing... under the radar, but will pay big dividends.

Shocky has a lot of talent no doubt but the Giants wasn't a good fit for him anymore.. and he wasn't a good fit for the Giants. Reese played his cards right.. he tried to get more but couldn't.. 2nd and 5th ain't too shappy for a TE who didn't want to be here.

Bingo.

If the Saints rushed this trade, then possibly they give up draft picks this year as opposed to next plus the Giants were looking at getting a safety back in return. The Saints didn't panic, kept their draft picks and safety and the Giants end up drafting a safety in the first round. The Saints are clearly beefing up the offense, because in truth, they are not that far off from being a championship team if you think about it. 2 years ago they were in the conference final and last year lost McAllister. If they are better this year than last year, then those draft picks aren

t as valuable.

If you think about it, a 2nd rounder this year, may have been more valuable than a 2nd and 5th next year, and if I'm correct, the late round pick was a deal breaker.

That said, there's going to be free agent tight ends out there before the season starts, Reese has done well picking up depth. Plus I'm glad he didn't persue the Taylor trade any harder than he did.

If the Saints rushed this trade, then possibly they give up draft picks this year as opposed to next plus the Giants were looking at getting a safety back in return. The Saints didn't panic, kept their draft picks and safety and the Giants end up drafting a safety in the first round. The Saints are clearly beefing up the offense, because in truth, they are not that far off from being a championship team if you think about it. 2 years ago they were in the conference final and last year lost McAllister. If they are better this year than last year, then those draft picks aren

t as valuable.

If you think about it, a 2nd rounder this year, may have been more valuable than a 2nd and 5th next year, and if I'm correct, the late round pick was a deal breaker.

That said, there's going to be free agent tight ends out there before the season starts, Reese has done well picking up depth. Plus I'm glad he didn't persue the Taylor trade any harder than he did.

I bet you in next year's draft you will be salivating at the prospect of what we can do with all those pix.. like moving up for example... just remember, next year's draft is 9 months away ;).

Besides, we tried to get their safety.. we couldn't.. so we landed our own stud... Our methodology of building thru the draft has paid dividents for us... unlike the redskins who have the opposite philosophy.

He didn't want to be here. He forced his way off the team. Keeping him was an untenable option. What would you have the team do? Hypnotizing him into wanted to be a Giant again??

THAT people, says it ALL!

Sure, if it was true. Reese didn't want shockey here, THAT'S what started all this shit. Shockey has every reason to be pissed at the Front Office for the way they dangled him out there as trade bait all off season. Reese drove Shockey out of town, it wasn't Shockey who decided to leave.

the bills were terrible against the run last year so i wouldnt gauge on that. jacobs looked pretty tentative running outside throughout the playoffs and i think the loss of shockey was a reason for that.

if shockey wanted to be a giant he'd be here right now. the fact that we waited until three days before training camp to trade him proves reese was dying to keep him in a giants uniform but simply couldnt do it.

WHy do you think I ended the statement with "for whatever its worth" and cited the numbers in the playoffs and why they will not appear as good? I am fully aware the Bils sucked balls vs the run, it was more a statement on how its hard to gauge how the run game will be with who is blocking as opposed to a "see we are better with Boss" statement, I think its clear that was not my intention.

You are starting to get on my nerves. :P

Sure, if it was true. Reese didn't want shockey here, THAT'S what started all this shit. Shockey has every reason to be pissed at the Front Office for the way they dangled him out there as trade bait all off season. Reese drove Shockey out of town, it wasn't Shockey who decided to leave.

Do you have any basis to have that opinion or is it just speculation based on media reports?

Link?