SportsWrath

Shockey Traded?

Lubeck

A 2nd and a 5th for a player coming off a broken fibula who in my opinion didn't want to be here? I'll take it. I don't think anyone is saying Boss is a better TE. Are Jacobs, Bradshaw and Ward better than TiVi Tiki? No, but we won without Barber and Shockey. I'm not overly worried. Boss is a young hard working TE who will improve over time.

Exactly...give Boss time to bulk up and block. Remember, Shockey couldn't block for

shit his first two years here.

There's a big difference between who's on the field and who's not.

Burress

Toomer

Smith

Shockey

Jacobs

looks alot better than

Burress

Toomer

Boss

Hedgecock

Jacobs

because Shockey is a great blocker and a good receiver you can do alot more things. Now with boss, you have to use Hedgecock to help out with the running game.

Depends on what kind of team you have? A pass happy team or a running team? With Jacobs, Bradshaw and Ward, I'd have to say we're a running team that can pass the ball around.

Nem if you were the GM and you had a player walking into the locker room with a selfish attitude on a team that is defined by its selflessness would you keep him? Becuase this is what it's about. Not the fact we won the SB without him, but the fact he doesnt want to be a Giant.

FACT?! When did he EVER say he didn't want to be a Giant?!

All this bullshit with nothing to back it up. The Giants have been shopping him around since the season ended and he said NOTHING until right before mini camp. NOTHING. He had every reason to be pissed at his treatment by the Front Office this off season, and that's all he said. Here's the sum total of Shockey's "bitching" this offseason: "I haven't said one negative thing toward the Giants in the newspapers," the 27-year-old Shockey told the Daily News. "I have never expressed the feelings of the things that you guys (media) made up. You guys will be able to talk to me (more) if I make it to mini-camp."

Depends on what kind of team you have? A pass happy team or a running team? With Jacobs, Bradshaw and Ward, I'd have to say we're a running team that can pass the ball around.

VG, that's beauty of Jeremy Shockey. You can be both....

All this bullshit with nothing to back it up. The Giants have been shopping him around since the season ended and he said NOTHING until right before mini camp. NOTHING. He had every reason to be pissed at his treatment by the Front Office this off season, and that's all he said. Here's the sum total of Shockey's "bitching" this offseason: "I haven't said one negative thing toward the Giants in the newspapers," the 27-year-old Shockey told the Daily News. "I have never expressed the feelings of the things that you guys (media) made up. You guys will be able to talk to me (more) if I make it to mini-camp."

it depends on who you choose to believe. there were so many rumors from different sides its hard to believe evey single one was made up and shockey actually wanted to be a giant.

i think if shockey wanted to be a giant he'd be here right now.

I have no idea what you're talking about. When a player gets angry at his team for not allowing him to be on the side lines in the SB. That's a clear indication he's not a team player. When a player writes an inspiring letter to his teammates days before SB. You know he's really thinking about himself.... Wake up tree!!!

I have no idea what you're talking about. When a player gets angry at his team for not allowing him to be on the side lines in the SB. That's a clear indication he's not a team player. When a player writes an inspiring letter to his teammates days before SB. You know he's really thinking about himself.... Wake up tree!!!

Or the fact that he was still on crutches at the time, maybe the Giants didn't want him to risk

further injury. Remember, Shockey didn't even want to go to the Superbowl and the Giants asked him

too.

Stop making shit up Nem.

Kiwi and Ward sat in the stands while Shockey got corporate box treatment. You tell me who should be pissed? No parade, no show for ring and white house. He obviously wanted to be a Giant.

Or the fact that he was still on crutches at the time, maybe the Giants didn't want him to risk

further injury. Remember, Shockey didn't even want to go to the Superbowl and the Giants asked him

too.

Stop making shit up Nem.

Stop making up shit? Did you not read the article? Fox.com

Here let me help you...

According to some reports, one of the many sources of Shockey's displeasure with the team was that he was not allowed to stand on the team's sidelines during the game.

Stop making up shit? Did you not read the article? Fox.com

Here let me help you...

The guy was still on fucking CRUTCHES for crissakes! What happens if their was a pileup

on the sidelines?

Am I the only who thinks that Shockey was a dumbass for being pissed off about not standing

on the sidelines? Shit, Kiwi and Ward had to sit in the stands....

Am I the only who thinks that Shockey was a dumbass for being pissed off about not standing

on the sidelines? Shit, Kiwi and Ward had to sit in the stands....

I agree with you. While I was too young to remember it I do remember reading a story about the Giants not having players on the sideline and it mentioning how Simms wasn't on the sideline for the Bills SB.

I will say this though, I am far more likely to draft Shockey for my FF team now than I was before.

Fuck what we really needed was a blocking TE to open holes for our number fucking one draft pick from two years ago who cant seem to find a goddamned hole. I hope jeremy can keep his fucking god damned mouth shut and block. I know hes capable, I just hope he doesnt want the ball all the fucking time.

It's done now anyway, let's see what Sean Payton does wit Reggie and SHockey. It could be really interesting, but I'm guessing that means a bit of downfield blocking for SHock.

I hope he's up for the changes especially if they want to get Reggie running well or out on swing passes.

Simms was definitely on the sidelines.

All in all we got pretty good value- traded a high priced disgruntled player for 2 future gruntled ones. I would have rather it be 2008 draft 2 and 5 then 2009, but maybe NO will not do that well this year.

ESPN confirms it.

Ahh well. I just bought an Aaron Ross jersey on E-bay for $20, if I list the Shockey jersey now I might get the $20 back.

What are you gonna do?. He's been behaving like a guy who doesn't want to be here, so now he's not here. Looks like it's Boss/Johnson and Matthews.

Amazing to think that in 2 seasons we've lost Tiki/Strahan and Shockey and be superbowl champs. And Tom Coughlin is still here.

It's done now anyway, let's see what Sean Payton does wit Reggie and SHockey. It could be really interesting, but I'm guessing that means a bit of downfield blocking for SHock.

I hope he's up for the changes especially if they want to get Reggie running well or out on swing passes.

With Deuce McAllister back, that offense could be smoking if you think about it, Brees, Deuce, Bush, Shockey, Colston. Those are some options to have.

I'm sorry I would totally take the time to read your comment but I keep looking over to the left :drool:

Me too, that chick is friggin GORGEOUS!! :drool:

Anyway......Although Im glad its over, Im gonna miss Shock. Im fairly excited to see what Boss can do because that draft class is producing and he shows promise. But Im still gonna miss Shock even if for only his blocking.

I honestly have mixed feelings about this, I've always been a Shockey fan but it may have just been time for him to go, with the shouting match shit and all the other stuff. He just wasn't fitting on the team.

Goodluck Shock, Boss you better step the fuck up.

But a 2nd and 5th? C'mon.

I completely agree with you, VG. Since we don't know the details of what went on, I'm sure Reese did the right thing.. even though I will miss Shockey a great deal. But also, we've been waiting for Shockey to be the Shockey we knew in his rookie year and that hasn't happened.

Fuck what we really needed was a blocking TE to open holes for our number fucking one draft pick from two years ago who cant seem to find a goddamned hole. I hope jeremy can keep his fucking god damned mouth shut and block. I know hes capable, I just hope he doesnt want the ball all the fucking time.

there'll be a honeymoon period at least