SportsWrath

Shockey Traded?

Lubeck

Well that is just someone who is so blinded by their hatred/dislike that they will spin anything into a negative. If Shockey were still on the team they would be telling you he would be a huge distraction and that would be the downfall of the offense.

NFL network said he was planning on coming to camp. I dont have a link, so take it for what its worth. I dont know. We are gonna win without him. Thats obvious. And everyone is big on the whol, " Well we won without him..." deal. Thats great but someone said earlier that Steve Smith stepping up had alot to do with it and I think there right. I like Boss and think he can be a good player for us. But if our running game suffers it wasnt worth it. BTW, nowhere ever did Shockey say he was holding out, or didnt wanna be a Giant. So unless any of you have a link just stop posting that shit. Reese wanted him gone, and he got what he wanted.

For the daft...

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2008/07..._shockey_d.html

Well that is just someone who is so blinded by their hatred/dislike that they will spin anything into a negative. If Shockey were still on the team they would be telling you he would be a huge distraction and that would be the downfall of the offense.

Link?

Look, unless you have a link for that quit posting it. I heard from a reliable source that Shock has 3 testes, one of them as big as a softball, it's obvious you don't know what your talking about.

Listen this is the last time I am going to tell you. Stop stating facts without backing them up with factual sources. One more time and you are going to be banned and this time around, Rik is going to give you a spanking that you will never forget.

Listen this is the last time I am going to tell you. Stop stating facts without backing them up with factual sources. One more time and you are going to be banned and this time around, Rik is going to give you a spanking that you will never forget.

If you can't link me to the ROE where it says Rik gives out spankings to people who post factual statements without providing links, don't bother getting my hopes up.

If you can't link me to the ROE where it says Rik gives out spankings to people who post factual statements without providing links, don't bother getting my hopes up.

And if you cant post a link stating that you got your hopes up, I'm calling bullshit.

Well since you asked I'll tell you why I think we got the short end of the stick.

Shockey no longer an all-pro TE? He still is and does it in 14 games. Can't get a full season out of him, ok true but he's a lightning rod on offense when he is there. The Saints seem to think that 14 - 15 games of Jeremy Shockey for a second and fifth round pick is a bargain. Put him on the Saints with two maturing WR's and a pro bowl QB, Shockey's numbers are going to be up around with the Saints and Payton controlling the offense. If Shockey puts up 65 catches, 800 yrds, & 10 TD's; that could be just enough to put the Saints on top of their division and in the playoffs.

The things people jump on Shockey for like the penalties, the yelling, etc... Really? What about the penalties Jacobs picks up or Pierce? Ok they can get a pass since they played in the super bowl. How about Burress throwing his hands up in the air in fustration? He can get a pass too because he did catch the game winning touch down.

I always thought it was hillarious how fans wanted Shockey to chillout yet we loved the fire he brought to the offense when it was the worst aspect of our game. We wanted fire out of Manning because we hated the awe shucks look everytime he screwed up. Then that all got flipped: We like the awe shucks look in Manning because he's got ice water in his veins and the fire in Shockey is bad because its throwing off the whole offense and making our QB uncomfortable. Hope Brandon keeps it toned down this season, we might have to replace him if he fires up the offense.

I realize everyone gets excited about draft picks, its like the lotto and you think you're going to win but when you miss in the draft; its a cascade effect that ripples through the team for years. Boss has some pretty big shoes to fill and we can only hope he's ready.

What good is a 14 game player in a 16 game season, and what do you do if you have to play more? I never bought into that theory--it's short term thinking, and you end up relying on a guy that won't be there at crunch time.

And some of us never bought into that "fire" BS. How does making a first down signal or spiking the ball after a catch you're supposed to fucking make show fire?

Oh, I know. Someone is going to tell me about the catch he made during the Eagles playoff game two seasons ago, or maybe a catch he made 3 seasons ago. Then tell me that's the fire they're talking about.

But I have to tell you...I'll be laughing my ass off when he's blocking for Bush when Reggie's catching 4 yard curls.

The best statistical running game we had all year was @Buff or one week after Shockey went down for whatever thats worth. The run game was not as effective statistically in the playoffs, but I attribute that to more of the fact come playoff time you are facing the leagues top run defenses as opposed to the blocking.

Its funny, I had people at work today telling me that this hurts the Giants. Of course they are the same people that since 2003 have been telling me Shockey is overrated and that they would much rather have Whitten, Cooley, Gates, Gonzalez, Clark, Winslow, etc. <_<

the bills were terrible against the run last year so i wouldnt gauge on that. jacobs looked pretty tentative running outside throughout the playoffs and i think the loss of shockey was a reason for that.

if shockey wanted to be a giant he'd be here right now. the fact that we waited until three days before training camp to trade him proves reese was dying to keep him in a giants uniform but simply couldnt do it.

the bills were terrible against the run last year so i wouldnt gauge on that. jacobs looked pretty tentative running outside throughout the playoffs and i think the loss of shockey was a reason for that.

if shockey wanted to be a giant he'd be here right now. the fact that we waited until three days before training camp to trade him proves reese was dying to keep him in a giants uniform but simply couldnt do it.

I think Jacobs looked tentative is because they were putting 8 and 9 guys in the box making

Eli Manning beat them.

With Deuce McAllister back, that offense could be smoking if you think about it, Brees, Deuce, Bush, Shockey, Colston. Those are some options to have.

I bet you if and when Shockey plays very well down there, you're going to hear some fans talk shit about the Giants' front office. Truth of the matter is, Shockey as talented as he is needed a different scene.. a different team. The Giants are better off without him and he's better off somewhere else. Man I don't know if I will miss his fiery attitude or just think those were just antics.

Good Luck, Shock.

Alright I had to go out for a bit and handle some work shit, what is this link business going around tonight?

this

NFL network said he was planning on coming to camp. I dont have a link, so take it for what its worth. I dont know. We are gonna win without him. Thats obvious. And everyone is big on the whol, " Well we won without him..." deal. Thats great but someone said earlier that Steve Smith stepping up had alot to do with it and I think there right. I like Boss and think he can be a good player for us. But if our running game suffers it wasnt worth it. BTW, nowhere ever did Shockey say he was holding out, or didnt wanna be a Giant. So unless any of you have a link just stop posting that shit. Reese wanted him gone, and he got what he wanted.

:confused:

OMG!!!!!!!!!! He had 13 catches all year..... 4 coming the playoffs, along with 4 drops. Jesus Christ!!!!

I agree this blows; Shockey is also far superior at blocking than Boss, but I'm sure Boss will improve like Shockey did, but nonetheless his present value is much lower which sucks for a competitive team looking at the now, not the future.

I agree this blows; Shockey is also far superior at blocking than Boss, but I'm sure Boss will improve like Shockey did, but nonetheless his present value is much lower which sucks for a competitive team looking at the now, not the future.

We're a young enough team where we have the luxury of doing both.

And considering that we should be picking up even more picks due to FA this year, we are going to have some options available to us come next April.

I for one, think we did just fine without him, in the post season.

I have some great memories of some of his amazing catches and blocking abilities, but his attitude was going to hurt this team in the long run.

Good luck Shocker...your jersey will still hang in my closet. ;)

Actually we wouldn't be able to do anything with Shockey because he didn't want to be here. But please allow Shockey's decision to alienate himeself from the team to ignite your unmitigated hatred of Kevin Boss...

When did I say I hated Boss? I said he's no where near the player Shockey is.

Hey, are you going to join our Fantasy Football League?

I was never a huge Shockey fan... and why? Because he's always been such an asshole that even when he's making big catches, he's hard to root for.

I'm not sad to see him go one bit. We won the Super Bowl without him; we'll be fine.

I'm just glad he's not an Eagle. :brooding:

Those assholes would have concentrated their entire training camp on making him a friggin' star, just to stick it up our tush. :P

Upside: he's not in the NFC East. :)