SportsWrath

Shockey Traded?

Lubeck

Sure, if it was true. Reese didn't want shockey here, THAT'S what started all this shit. Shockey has every reason to be pissed at the Front Office for the way they dangled him out there as trade bait all off season. Reese drove Shockey out of town, it wasn't Shockey who decided to leave.

I think both sides are really to blame. I mean Shockey all he had to do was just shut the fuck up and not say anything to the media. "Oh they wouldnt let me on the field" "Oh they aren't using me right, I want more balls thrown my way" To me he acted like he was the only reason why are O was working, like he was the "superstar" of the team.

But that doesn't mean the Giant's aren't to blame also, I mean they could of defended Shockey more in the media when rumors would arise maybe it would of lead to him not being so outspoken. I mean I'm sure the Giant's could of done something to keep Shockey happy, but the fact is no matter what even after winning a Superbowl Shockey still acted like the same old him.

Really whats done is done, we can sit here and point fingers at who really started the bad blood between Shockey and the Giant's FO but whatever did happen it's over now.

I'm just got to get ready for when Shockey has a good game or two and everyone starts screaming about how we shouldn't of traded him.

I bet you in next year's draft you will be salivating at the prospect of what we can do with all those pix.. like moving up for example... just remember, next year's draft is 9 months away ;).

Besides, we tried to get their safety.. we couldn't.. so we landed our own stud... Our methodology of building thru the draft has paid dividents for us... unlike the redskins who have the opposite philosophy.

Salivating Nas, no I won't. It's not like we got them for free. And I like the Kenny Philips pick because he could be a stud, but he's not yet..

Plus the Redskins haven't done too bad in the draft if you think about it.

I think both sides are really to blame. I mean Shockey all he had to do was just shut the fuck up and not say anything to the media. "Oh they wouldnt let me on the field" "Oh they aren't using me right, I want more balls thrown my way" To me he acted like he was the only reason why are O was working, like he was the "superstar" of the team.

He never said ANY of that to the media, EVER. Those were rumors being circulated, not quotes. Shockey kept his mouth shut and didn't talk to the media until right before training camp. Even then all he said was that he hadn't said anything to the media. He's really getting a raw deal from a lot of people.

Sure, if it was true. Reese didn't want shockey here, THAT'S what started all this shit. Shockey has every reason to be pissed at the Front Office for the way they dangled him out there as trade bait all off season. Reese drove Shockey out of town, it wasn't Shockey who decided to leave.

Burress (Shockey's friend) said he didn't want to be here.

Strahan said he didn't want to be here.

Tuck said he didn't want to be here.

He did an interview for a kid's program (you'll find it in one of the threads on this site) where he said he wished NO drafted him.

He hasn't shown up for any post season celebrations. Some of which happened well before any of those trade rumors appeared.

I remember reading an article when SHIANCOE was a free agent that Shockey told him not to leave because he wasn't intending to stay much longer--that was a quote by Shiancoe.

What's it going to take for you guys to understand that SHOCKEY DIDN'T WANT TO BE HERE, AND IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH REESE!?!

He did an interview for a kid's program (you'll find it in one of the threads on this site) where he said he wished NO drafted him.

He hasn't shown up for any post season celebrations. Some of which happened well before any of those trade rumors appeared.

I remember reading an article when SHIANCOE was a free agent that Shockey told him not to leave because he wasn't intending to stay much longer--that was a quote by Shiancoe.

What's it going to take for you guys to understand that SHOCKEY DIDN'T WANT TO BE HERE, AND IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH REESE!?!

I agree. I guess he got his wish with NO, you have to love the kids reaction in that video, and I had read he had been house hunting too. Also obviously the Giants wanted to keep him or they wouldn't have waited this long considering NO had a better deal for the Giants earlier. Also he may not have out and specifically said that he wanted to be traded but these rumors don't just start themselves. If the media were just trying to make stories Peyton or Brady would be better targets anyway.

Shockey in New Orleans...in the French Quarter.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Remember when the Giants got their asses handed to them in 2003 to the tune of like 47

to 7 and Shockey showed up drunk to the Superdome and Wellington Mara was PISSED.

Rumors were that Wellington wanted to release him after that because he that pissed off.

Remember when the Giants got their asses handed to them in 2003 to the tune of like 47

to 7 and Shockey showed up drunk to the Superdome and Wellington Mara was PISSED.

Rumors were that Wellington wanted to release him after that because he that pissed off.

New bet...

Length of time (in days) it will take to see a picture of Shockey drunk in the Quarter with Mardi Gras beads around his neck hugging some hot POA.

link? :)

WHy do you think I ended the statement with "for whatever its worth" and cited the numbers in the playoffs and why they will not appear as good? I am fully aware the Bils sucked balls vs the run, it was more a statement on how its hard to gauge how the run game will be with who is blocking as opposed to a "see we are better with Boss" statement, I think its clear that was not my intention.

You are starting to get on my nerves. :P

xxi my post wasnt a rebuttal to what you said but more of an add on. all i said was i wouldnt use the Bills game as a gauge and it was directed more towards those reading your post...

He never said ANY of that to the media, EVER. Those were rumors being circulated, not quotes. Shockey kept his mouth shut and didn't talk to the media until right before training camp. Even then all he said was that he hadn't said anything to the media. He's really getting a raw deal from a lot of people.

if reese wanted shockey out why didnt he pull the trigger on the same exact deal 3 months ago?

he waited so long because he was hoping that shockey would change his mind and want to be a giant.

if reese wanted shockey out why didnt he pull the trigger on the same exact deal 3 months ago?

he waited so long because he was hoping that shockey would change his mind and want to be a giant.

...or he was trying to get better value?

In fairness, the kid's question to Shock was "if you didn't get drafted by the New York Giants, who would you have liked to have been drafted by?" He didn't come out and say "I wish N.O. drafted me."

Now that being said... do you remember when Sheldon Brown (or someone from the Eagles secondary) said that Shock had said to him that he wished he played in Philly instead of NY? Combine those with all the other comments... and all these weird little things that we had kind of written off are starting to come together a bit.

They have a saying in Vermont, I'm not sure if you have it in New York or not, but it goes, "fool me once, shame on... shame on you? But fool me... you can't get fooled again." And I think that applies here.

I'm one of those who believe Shockey didn't want to be here anymore.. not under Tom Coughlin and not with Eli's MVP status. It's over.. both teams got a pretty good deal uner the circumstances.

...or he was trying to get better value?

its tough to get more than what the saints offered for a loudmouth injury prone TE who has a lot of wear and tear on hisbody...

the 40th pick overall and a 5th round pick for a TE is pretty damn good.

In fairness, the kid's question to Shock was "if you didn't get drafted by the New York Giants, who would you have liked to have been drafted by?" He didn't come out and say "I wish N.O. drafted me."

Now that being said... do you remember when Sheldon Brown (or someone from the Eagles secondary) said that Shock had said to him that he wished he played in Philly instead of NY? Combine those with all the other comments... and all these weird little things that we had kind of written off are starting to come together a bit.

They have a saying in Vermont, I'm not sure if you have it in New York or not, but it goes, "fool me once, shame on... shame on you? But fool me... you can't get fooled again." And I think that applies here.

People in Vermont talk with a stutter?

Seriously though, Shockey gets called a whiner and a loudmouth by everyone when it's other people who are doing the talking, not him.

Gimme a break VG. Answer me this:

Are we better with Shockey at TE or with Boss? One word answer. No more, no less.

Thats more than a one word question. If you won't let me explain my feelings regarding my answer I'm not going to bother answering it.

Oh, and I won't have a link for you either.

I cannot for the life of me figure out why people feel Reese did bad here. Getting 2009 draft picks is far more beneficial to this team as quite frankly right now there are not a whole hell of a lot of roster spots open and 2 more picks in 2008 would have done nothing to help that. Now you want to tell me they could have traded up for what they wanted with more picks? Fine, but by all accounts the Giants got the player they wanted at 31 with Philips. Extra picks in 08 quite possibly would have meant more than 1 or 2 late round picks in 08 would have not made the team. I just do not see where this team needed more spare parts, this roster is as set as it has been going into training camp as its been in 20 years.

Another thing to keep in mind, many of our players(who mind you want to be here) are looking for better deals. This also allows Reese to free up some money before the season and redo some deals for some players. Now whether people agree with this or not is another arguement, but I expect Plax, Jacobs to get new deals and ELI to get redone as well.

The more I think about Shock being gone, the more depressed I get. I'm gonna miss that bone head. Shockey belongs in Blue and white, not gold and black. :(

Shockey never really reached his potential. I don't think he will be missed that much. Like I said he and the Giants weren't a good fit anymore and they had to part ways. We got a good deal and the saints got a good deal. Time to move on.

He'll be missed and we can nitpick but the truth is that he demanded a lot of attention. I like Shock; really enjoyed watching him cut up teams like the COwboys. Never the less, I wouldn't be for putting a lot of money into him and that's what he would've wanted.

Recall this my brethren, even the exalted Mark Bavaro retired wearing another jersey. Shockey's been hurt, dropped passes, and been a pain in the ass, but having him was always a big help to us.

We'll know soon if we've messed up. Strategically, this was made inevitable and if I was Shock, i wouldn't have felt wanted either.

I only wish I had the luxury of being "wanted" in my job. I generally sense a mild sense of neglect and contempt from my boss. Maybe I should hold out?

Justin Tuck said it best:

"Obviously, you would love to have Shockey as a teammate. He was a great teammate. But Shockey wasn't happy here. He needed a change and wanted to get out of here."

Asked if it was good for the Giants to get rid of Shockey, Tuck said "Yes and no. It hurts the team. That's my opinion. Just like you can't replace a Michael Strahan, I feel like we can't replace Shockey right now even though we have a great up and coming tight end. Jeremy is more than a tight end. He's a great offensive weapon. It does hurt the team, but it was the right move for us."

"I'd much rather play with a guy who wants to be here than with a guy who doesn't want to be here. Regardless of his talent. It gives us the opportunity to turn the focus where it needs to be. The team with the least distractions has a heads up on people who do have it. We can go into camp with the ball rolling."

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football...out_of_dea.html