SportsWrath

Shockey Traded?

Lubeck

There's a big difference between who's on the field and who's not.

Burress

Toomer

Smith

Shockey

Jacobs

looks alot better than

Burress

Toomer

Boss

Hedgecock

Jacobs

because Shockey is a great blocker and a good receiver you can do alot more things. Now with boss, you have to use Hedgecock to help out with the running game.

Actually we wouldn't be able to do anything with Shockey because he didn't want to be here. But please allow Shockey's decision to alienate himeself from the team to ignite your unmitigated hatred of Kevin Boss...

im not one of those people who think we did better because shockey was hurt, but we obviously dont need him to win superbowls and if he wanted to be out then no problem if the price is right--which it was.

give bush the same patience that the eagles gave westbrook and he'll be fine.

I believe the addition of shockey should help reggie to break loose. I hope. Im not a big reggie bush fan, but im not ready to label him a bust. I still think we could have gotten a better player with that pick though.

Actually we wouldn't be able to do anything with Shockey because he didn't want to be here. But please allow Shockey's decision to alienate himeself from the team to ignite your unmitigated hatred of Kevin Boss...

nem just destroyed all of his springsteen albums.

The guy was still on fucking CRUTCHES for crissakes! What happens if their was a pileup

on the sidelines?

Am I the only who thinks that Shockey was a dumbass for being pissed off about not standing

on the sidelines? Shit, Kiwi and Ward had to sit in the stands....

I guess your so biased against him that your blind. He was on crutches and still wanted to be on the sidelines, and he's a selfish asshole who doesnt wanna be on the team? Think about that. Im pissed and I dont understand how more of you arent. Maybe the majority of Giants fans dont know what there talking about. Ive always heard people say that, now im starting to see why.

I see that even after he left, the "we won without him" nonsense continues.

Like we never won with him.

Don't kid yourselves, we are much weaker at Tight end and hopefully the young guys will step up and fill the void, but Shockey leaving did not improve our odds in Vegas.

I guess your so biased against him that your blind. He was on crutches and still wanted to be on the sidelines, and he's a selfish asshole who doesnt wanna be on the team? Think about that. Im pissed and I dont understand how more of you arent. Maybe the majority of Giants fans dont know what there talking about. Ive always heard people say that, now im starting to see why.

I don't think its that fact that he's "biased" but the fact that Shock had to bitch and moan about it to the press. I mean Ward and Kiwi didn't say one god dam thing about not being on the field they just sucked it up and cheered on their team. Meanwhile Shockey instead of saying "I'm so proud of this team for getting to the Super Bowl and winning it all" , it's "Oh they wouldn't let me on the sidelines" I understand he probably wanted to be with the team but should he be given special treatment? I mean he was on crutches...do you really want a guy who is trying to recover on the sideline where he could get hurt even more? Why do you think Kiwi and Ward weren't also on the side lines? You don't think they wanted to be on the sidelines too?

It was obvious that Shockey did NOT want to be on the Giants. He wasn't happy here....so why aren't YOU pissed at that??? So the best thing (IMO) for both parties is to trade him. NFL business, let's move on!

(I look at it this way, we gained PLENTY of healthy players ie Bradshaw, Smith, and yes Boss..Boss isn't Shockey but he was healthy and productive when called on to produce)

give bush the same patience that the eagles gave westbrook and he'll be fine.

Bush is NOWHERE near as good as Westbrook. And I don't see Bush even getting close to being as good in the future as a Westbrook. The addition of a Shockey may help Bush along but be serious, Bush is FUGAZY. Scary ass cat.

Thanks Shockey for the excitement you brought to the Giants and the part you played in helping the Giants.

With that being said, a 2nd and a 5th for him was very fair value.

As for those upset the deal went down now as opposed to at draft time, the Giants do not have a ton of roster spots open and posses some good depth, thus quite frankly 2 draft picks this past April are probably not what they will be worth next April.

As for Shockey, its this simple. He did not want to be here. He acted like a COMPLETE baby through this entire situation and if in fact he did what they say he did last year before he got hurt and went in and bitched about his role when the team was not even assured a playoff spot yet, well thats just fucking selfish. I have been both a Shockey apologist and a crtitc, so I feel confident that when I say I think he was a detriment to the team my thought process is not skewed by blind affection for him as a player.

I know it sounds like sour grapes now(but I said it last year)this guy has lost a step(maybe 2) and is on the downside of his career. He is nowhere near as explosive as he use to be and the injury list continues to pile up.

With that being said, he will probably have a very good statistical year in NO and everyone will complain. Thats fine, but the cancer that was just removed far outweighs the stats he will put up.

I heard Pat Kirwin today on Sirius and he told a story about Giant coaches pleading with Shockey for years to be more in tune with his assignments. That he needs to know where to be and what the play is. He even told a story of when he saw some Giant coaches tape and how amazed he was at how many times Shockey was not where he was supposed to be. Its no secret the man is a dunce.

I will remember SHockey for his rookie year, his big mouth and on field antics. The time was righ to move on. Are the Giants weaker at TE? Yeah of course, but the guy did not want to be here, its that simple.

This just happened. Sorry, but it was too soon. If he gave us a problem this year id be all for it. But winning, which is what we're going to do alot of, would've solved this "problem."

It's life in the fast lane for the NFL and the Giants. The Giants are finally about TEAM instead of 'individuals' (IE "I want more catches as a TE, you aint using me right...") Most of us knocked Ernie A for his picks and desicions and now this is the WORST thing Jerry has done??? The Giants (for the most part) have a good nucleus of players now and I love it!!!! Sure Shockey was talented and will be missed but I'm moving on.... ;)

BTW the Giants organizational RULE is that when you are on crutches and on IR they do not permit these players(on crutches) to be on the sidelines for fear of not being able to get out of the way of a sideline play. Lets just say he is there on his crutches and someone comes at him, he cannot avoid the guy and gets hit in his knee and blows out the ACL? Would that be smart.

This idea that the Giants did not allow him to be there is lame. It was a smart move.

He didn't want to be here. He forced his way off the team. Keeping him was an untenable option. What would you have the team do? Hypnotizing him into wanted to be a Giant again??

Because people don't agree with you they don't know what they're talking about? Thats an intelligent statement.

I see that even after he left, the "we won without him" nonsense continues.

Like we never won with him.

Don't kid yourselves, we are much weaker at Tight end and hopefully the young guys will step up and fill the void, but Shockey leaving did not improve our odds in Vegas.

We never won a playoff game with him. And we rattled off four consecutive wins without him. That doesn't mean we're better without him, but it certainly means we can continue to have success while he's playing for another team.

Losing him absolutely makes us weaker - on paper. If he didn't want to be a member of the Giants, and he was ready to either holdout or be disruptive, then trading him away makes us a better team. Chemistry counts for a lot, and unhappy players generally detract fromt high-achievement environments.

Losing him absolutely makes us weaker - on paper. If he didn't want to be a member of the Giants, and he was ready to either holdout or be disruptive, then trading him away makes us a better team. Chemistry counts for a lot, and unhappy players generally detract fromt high-achievement environments.

NFL network said he was planning on coming to camp. I dont have a link, so take it for what its worth. I dont know. We are gonna win without him. Thats obvious. And everyone is big on the whol, " Well we won without him..." deal. Thats great but someone said earlier that Steve Smith stepping up had alot to do with it and I think there right. I like Boss and think he can be a good player for us. But if our running game suffers it wasnt worth it. BTW, nowhere ever did Shockey say he was holding out, or didnt wanna be a Giant. So unless any of you have a link just stop posting that shit. Reese wanted him gone, and he got what he wanted.

NFL network said he was planning on coming to camp. I dont have a link, so take it for what its worth. I dont know. We are gonna win without him. Thats obvious. And everyone is big on the whol, " Well we won without him..." deal. Thats great but someone said earlier that Steve Smith stepping up had alot to do with it and I think there right. I like Boss and think he can be a good player for us. But if our running game suffers it wasnt worth it. BTW, nowhere ever did Shockey say he was holding out, or didnt wanna be a Giant. So unless any of you have a link just stop posting that shit. Reese wanted him gone, and he got what he wanted.

:confused:

:LMAO::rolleyes:

The best statistical running game we had all year was @Buff or one week after Shockey went down for whatever thats worth. The run game was not as effective statistically in the playoffs, but I attribute that to more of the fact come playoff time you are facing the leagues top run defenses as opposed to the blocking.

Its funny, I had people at work today telling me that this hurts the Giants. Of course they are the same people that since 2003 have been telling me Shockey is overrated and that they would much rather have Whitten, Cooley, Gates, Gonzalez, Clark, Winslow, etc. <_<

The best statistical running game we had all year was @Buff or one week after Shockey went down for whatever thats worth. The run game was not as effective statistically in the playoffs, but I attribute that to more of the fact come playoff time you are facing the leagues top run defenses as opposed to the blocking.

Its funny, I had people at work today telling me that this hurts the Giants. Of course they are the same people that since 2003 have been telling me Shockey is overrated and that they would much rather have Whitten, Cooley, Gates, Gonzalez, Clark, Winslow, etc. <_<

Same shit has happened to me, a friend of mine who is a huge Dallas fan e-mailed my saying this is going to ruin our O and we are going to have to change our entire philosophy around on O. Yet when Shockey was a Giant all he would say to me is how he is the more overrated player in NFL history and all he is good for is run blocking and how Whitten is a more complete TE. But now that Shockey is a Saint he's no longer overrated and his absence is going to make us 32nd in the league in total offense.

NFLN just said that Shockey has only two testicles. I am sorry I don't have the link but you are going to have take my word for it.

Look, unless you have a link for that quit posting it. I heard from a reliable source that Shock has 3 testes, one of them as big as a softball, it's obvious you don't know what your talking about.