SportsWrath

Free Agency Thread

Mr. P

Well we can't give up picks, we need them. We could definitely use MORE picks, which is why I wouldn't mind a trade down. But they can get a very good player just sitting tight.

I don't agree with that notion... 5th to 7th rounders are as good as RFAs....

If he's taller than 5' 6" sign him immediately.

Hey excuse me :rules:

Short guys are cool as nickels. They turn quicker and aren't in that many jump ball situations anyway

Thank you :flex:

Giants signed a fb/h-back Will Johnson and a guard named Ryan Seymour.

Had some other linemen in to visit and kelvin Shepard a linebacker I like is visiting too.

Also OL Dillon Farrell

Johnson, 6-2 and 238 pounds, also plays H-back and tight end. He has played in 63 regular-season games with 21 starts, and in two postseason games with one start. Johnson missed just one game in four seasons with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

An outstanding blocker, his career totals include 31 receptions for 235 yards and two touchdowns, and eight rushing attempts for 14 yards and a score. In 2015, he played in all 16 regular-season games with four starts, and caught two passes for 16 yards and had four carries for seven yards and touchdown. All of his rushing attempts were in the season opener at New England.

Johnson joined the Steelers as a rookie free agent from West Virginia in 2012. That season, he played in every game, starting seven, and had a career-high 15 catches for 137 yards, including a one-yard touchdown vs. Washington on Oct. 28. The following year, Johnson played in 15 games with five starts. He had eight receptions for 41 yards, including another one-yard touchdown, vs. Detroit on Nov. 17. Johnson played in every game each of the last two seasons.

tempAP_175028094233--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.
Seymour, 6-4 and 305 pounds, played in 11 games – starting at center in the final three games of the season – for the Cleveland Browns in 2014. He was waived by the Browns on Aug. 27, 2015. After serving a four-game NFL suspension, Seymour did stints on the practice squads of the Chicago Bears (Oct. 7-13) and New Orleans Saints (Oct. 20-Dec. 26, when he was added to the active roster). Seymour was inactive for one game, and active but did not play in the season finale.

Seymour was a 2013 seventh-round draft choice by the Seattle Seahawks, from Vanderbilt. He was waived at the end of training camp, was twice on the Seahawks’ practice squad, and spent time with the San Francisco 49ers before the Browns claimed him off waivers on Aug. 31, 2014.

Farrell, 6-5 and 303 pounds, played in eight games as a reserve offensive lineman with the 49ers in 2014. He was waived on Sept. 15, 2015 and signed eight days later to the Tennessee Titans’ practice squad, where he spent the remainder of the season.

Farrell started 45 games at the University of New Mexico.

They might keep him for his ST play but he wasn't a very effective FB and Johnson provides a lot of flexibility for our struggling run game.

I wasn't a fan of Whifflock either. Every time that guy would lead block I'd hold my breath.