SportsWrath

Free Agency Thread

Mr. P

since 'tampering' starts today.

Defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul remains on their radar. The Giants made a push to keep their 2010 first-round pick prior to the star of free agency, a person with knowledge of the situation told NJ Advance Media.

John Gambadoro ‎@Gambo987

The Arizona Cardinals will pursue free agents Jason Pierre Paul, William Hayes, Tamba Hali and Mario Williams.

Jason Cole ‎@JasonColeBR

DE Mario Williams told teams he would sign right away if received an offer of $10M per season. #Giants, #Dolphins and #Jaguars interested

Jim Owczarski ‎@JimOwczarski

Safety George Iloka has gotten serious interest from #Falcons #Giants #Lions & #Vikings & #Bengals - who want him back & door remains open

According to one league source, they are expected to make a run at Falcons defensive end Adrian Clayborn, a former first-round pick of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers who had three sacks for the Falcons last season, his first after missing almost all of 2014 with a torn biceps. The Dallas Cowboys are believed to be interested in Clayborn, too.

Jason Cole & #8207;@JasonColeBR 2m2 minutes ago

Rumor late last week was DE Robert Ayers was looking for $10M per year from #Giants. Same asking price as Mario Williams

Guys I like particularly are any defensive end, safeties Gipson and McCleod, o-linemen Barksdale and Sweezy, Trevathan, DT Jaye Howard, CB Sean Smith, WR's Marvin Jones and Rishard Matthews, Gresham, and anyone else who can help.

Colts released 2013 1st rounder (24th over-all) Bjoern Werner. Some suggest he's really a 4-3 DE not a 3-4 OLB where the Colts tried to make him fit. Could be worth a look.

The fact that teams keep doing this makes me question sanity. Werner IS a 4-3 DE. He played at FSU with his hand in the ground the whole time. Why try to turn him into something he wasn't?

The fact that teams keep doing this makes me question sanity. Werner IS a 4-3 DE. He played at FSU with his hand in the ground the whole time. Why try to turn him into something he wasn't?

Was he the 'best player available'?

That's what I hate about that theory. "We don't need him but, fuck it, he's the best on the board". Then they try and squeeze X player into 'the system', and when it doesn't work out, the kid's called a bust. And not the kind you find in Canton.

That's what I hate about that theory. "We don't need him but, fuck it, he's the best on the board". Then they try and squeeze X player into 'the system', and when it doesn't work out, the kid's called a bust. And not the kind you find in Canton.

I know he was one of the top DEs in the draft that year. Idk about bpa.

It happens every year though in the NFL, kids get drafted by some team thinking they can make them work, don't do anything and "bust" out of the league.

Who knows what would of happened if they went to some other team.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 6m6 minutes ago

With #Chargers getting Benjamin, Marvin Jones expected to be with #Lions, it leaves Sanu, Randle & Matthews as available top WRs.

79 retweets 52 likes

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 1m1 minute ago

The #Dolphins are pulling the transition tag off DE Olivier Vernon, per team source. It was the expected move, but now official.