SportsWrath

Free Agency Thread

Mr. P

I'd love Doctson in the second round, even the third if he's still around (doubt it though).

The guy just catches everything around him, he'd be a starter in the slot day one.

I'd say starter outside. Cruz or Harris in the slot next year.

I think the Giant's are still thinking defense in the draft.

I can't see Lawson passing the Giant's if he falls, he's to much of a JR pick.

Elliot is interesting but MacAttack is a passing guy, he's picked up the bad habit from when McCarthy would throw the ball 55+ times a game.

Treadwell doesnt impress me in the slightest, he just doesnt seem like anything more then a guy who outran the slowest guy on the field or his guy fell down, but I aint no NFL scout.

This WR class is probably one of the weakest ones in a long time and I think the Giants are better off waiting till round two for WR help.

Like I said I think the only way the Giant's pick offence this year is if Lawson/Ragland are off the board before they pick, then it just might be Elliot.... if he makes it past the Cowboys/Eagles.

Ragland won't be off the board before or after the giants pick.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 7m7 minutes ago

Robert Ayers visited the #Jaguars today, but heads to the #Bucs tomorrow to sign his 3-year, $21M deal. Top pass-rusher off the market.

Surprised the Giant's couldnt match this, maybe the Bucs were willing to give more guaranteed money.

Or the Giant's are still looking at throwing some money somewhere.

He cant stay healthy, no one wants to invest in a guy who has only played in 65% of his games in his career.

You and I know that, but for Prince it's gotta be a slap in the face from a cold reality.

Surprised the Giant's couldnt match this, maybe the Bucs were willing to give more guaranteed money.

Or the Giant's are still looking at throwing some money somewhere.

They prob don't wanna pay 7mil for a third de.

You can never have enough pass rushers

Really would have made more sense to keep Ayers over JPP even though JPP is the younger more talented player. Next year JPP will either be out of the league or playing elsewhere because we certainly can't afford two high priced defensive ends.

You can never have enough pass rushers

Really would have made more sense to keep Ayers over JPP even though JPP is the younger more talented player. Next year JPP will either be out of the league or playing elsewhere because we certainly can't afford two high priced defensive ends.

This makes sense but only if all things being equal... Ayers although a fan favorite wanted elite money for not so elite performance.... We get JPP's services for 2016 and we'll deal with next year... Next year.

This makes sense but only if all things being equal... Ayers although a fan favorite wanted elite money for not so elite performance.... We get JPP's services for 2016 and we'll deal with next year... Next year.

We win the super bowl next year then yeah I agree.

Well, now that we don't really need him, yeah.

No, has nothing to do with that. He was decent on our defense last year and he stood out at times but we were so bad that any good plays were noticable. But he's getting paid now because the market dictates. He's not worth $7 million a year to us, JPP for one year is a better investment especially if we get a year out of him healthy.

That's a very real possibility although not the measure....

Super bowl isn't the measure of success in the NFL? I can't settle for just a winning record and maybe sniff the playoffs in 2016 to whitewash the last four years of 6-10, 6-10, 7-9, 9-7 and missing the playoffs.

We made some big decisions and expect equal results.

LMAO. They had him listed under running backs on the top 99 free agents on NFL.com. Had him as "TBD". Now he's gone.

Not that I knew he wasn't a free agent, but I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it.

LMAO. They had him listed under running backs on the top 99 free agents on NFL.com. Had him as "TBD". Now he's gone.

Not that I knew he wasn't a free agent, but I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it.

That's odd he's in the third year of his rookie contract