SportsWrath

Brandon Jacobs suspended - no longer a 49er

JMFP

Kregg Lumpkin and Torain (who might have upside) are currently only garbage time players on the Giants - if Bradshaw can stay healthy and with Wilson breaking out. The dude didnt go for the money - he had his rings and the 9ers paid him more than we were willing to. Anybody would do that. To atleast state that he will willingly come back and play for the Giants is enough evidence that theres not bad blood. Id take him back in a heartbeat. He atleast will have that extra fire to prove himself and get some playing time and might be useful in the playoffs.

Kregg Lumpkin and Torain (who might have upside) are currently only garbage time players on the Giants - if Bradshaw can stay healthy and with Wilson breaking out. The dude didnt go for the money - he had his rings and the 9ers paid him more than we were willing to. Anybody would do that. To atleast state that he will willingly come back and play for the Giants is enough evidence that theres not bad blood. Id take him back in a heartbeat. He atleast will have that extra fire to prove himself and get some playing time and might be useful in the playoffs.

At this point though, you have to believe the Giants aren't comfortable with having just two backs who will see non-garbage time----because in reality, there's not going to be much of that at the end of the season into the playoffs---makes you think Jacobs has a pretty decent chance of coming back, if he's allowed to. Either that or they have high hopes for Lumpkin or Torrain....Bradshaw is constantly dinged up so in reality, we have only one healthy rookie RB and a hobbled Bradshaw....and I guess a bunch of "in the mix" guys....Torrain has a ton of upside, IMO, more than Jacobs, but Jacobs knows the system, can't deny that.

BJ not playing means he's fresh... AB on the other hand needs to rest.. heal.. etc. BJ is our 3rd stringer will make for a formidable backfield... remember he's been rested all season long while in SF... bring him.

Guys this idea of Jacobs coming back to the Giants for the regular season or playoffs this year is bullshit. Focus on the players on the roster and Atlanta.

Again, you're starter left the game to injury and was used sparingly afterward, you're essentially down to 1 healthy running back, and the guys you picked up were picked up a week ago. It's a legitimate point.

Jacobs was injured in the pre-season and when he was finally healthy was not needed. I get the feeling there was an issue with Harbaugh and Jacobs. Did Jacobs mouth off this much about the coaching staff while a Giant? I know he's always been a talker but I don't remember a rant about the coaching staff.

About Jacobs, if he can, returning to the Giants I think this would be a good idea but he'd have to be willing to be the 3rd RB again. Jacobs may not take that well considering how he acted in San Francisco. He has to be a better option than Lumpkin or Torain.

Guys this idea of Jacobs coming back to the Giants for the regular season or playoffs this year is bullshit. Focus on the players on the roster and Atlanta.

Again, you're starter left the game to injury and was used sparingly afterward, you're essentially down to 1 healthy running back, and the guys you picked up were picked up a week ago. It's a legitimate point.

I agree.

From a practical standpoint, the fact that he is suspended makes it impossible for the Giants to make a move, unless Jacobs wins his grievance.

If Jacobs were to win his grievance, and be released, I have no idea if Reese would have any interest. But, given the very thin state of the Giant's RBs, and Jacobs' history, I can understand why fans would want to see a reunion.

I think the upside of having a fresh BJ with a huge chip on his shoulder can't be ignored. IF we can get him back, it would be great.

Bob Papa and Toomer where discussing this on the opening drive this morning. The though is currently Jacobs is disputing the suspension. If he wins or cuts some type of "deal" with the 9ners he will get another shot at playing with another team this year.

Why wouldn’t the Giants take him? I see no down side to it.

I agree.

From a practical standpoint, the fact that he is suspended makes it impossible for the Giants to make a move, unless Jacobs wins his grievance.

If Jacobs were to win his grievance, and be released, I have no idea if Reese would have any interest. But, given the very thin state of the Giant's RBs, and Jacobs' history, I can understand why fans would want to see a reunion.

Papa and Amani seemed to think so. They have more of an inside track then us. They also said the suspension was low rent and basicaly total bullshit.

we should keep options open . what are we looking at with our RB corps if Bradshaw breaks his foot? Wilson/Lumpkin/Torain I would say we would want a heavy back that can block and maybe get it in from the 2 yard line if called upon (maybe that was Gilbrides plan all along RB spying then bring him home. LOL just kidding)

If nothing else and angry BJ come the playoffs in a game against the 49ers... would be worth whatever a 4 game contract would cost...

Yes assuming he holds on to the ball and run like someone in the 49ers slept with his wife. (too much?)

Its not an option, its a pipe dream

we should keep options open . what are we looking at with our RB corps if Bradshaw breaks his foot? Wilson/Lumpkin/Torain I would say we would want a heavy back that can block and maybe get it in from the 2 yard line if called upon (maybe that was Gilbrides plan all along RB spying then bring him home. LOL just kidding)

so if Jacobs gets cut .........he is a legitimate available player ..... and if he refuses to agree terms with any team other than the Giants ( even if they have some waiver priority over us ) ......he can be back in blue

longshot ....but given that we have only 1 healthy RB ...who is a rookie .....i would take him back in a flash

Ahmad Bradshaw with one leg is twice the player Brandon Jacobs is now and will still run harder and try harder. We waited years for Jacobs to break out and frankly his overall career with us was underwhelming to be nice, some good runs and highlight hits on safetys he had 40 -50 pounds on. He got one big 4th down in the superbowl, he barely played the 2nd one. He should have been more than that since he's a real freak size wise. The understanding was he had to take a pay cut to stay, if he was smart he would have taken it, but smart isn't a Brandon thing, I mean look at how he's acting now. If running was talking,he'd be Walter Payton. I'd be pissed if I was harbaugh too, remember earlier this season this guy talking about how he misses Coughlin!.

I'm amazed reading this stuff, his playng with a chip on his shoulder and angry jacobs. He's 5 carries for 7 yards, don't you think he should have a chip on his shoulder now if he wants to prove something, if he's been treated so bad, don't you think he'd be pissed off enough to make a point.

Frankly, I'd have Tiki back before jacobs, and I know that seems outrageous, but for all the shit Tiki has taken, I know he'd at least run hard.

Jacobs was injured in the pre-season and when he was finally healthy was not needed. I get the feeling there was an issue with Harbaugh and Jacobs. Did Jacobs mouth off this much about the coaching staff while a Giant? I know he's always been a talker but I don't remember a rant about the coaching staff.

About Jacobs, if he can, returning to the Giants I think this would be a good idea but he'd have to be willing to be the 3rd RB again. Jacobs may not take that well considering how he acted in San Francisco. He has to be a better option than Lumpkin or Torain.

To me, Harbaugh puts out an aura of arrogance that makes it hard for me, personally, to respect the guy. To me, it seems like Harbaugh and Jacobs's personalities were destined to clash....especially when Jacobs also has a highly inflated sense of self-worth, himself.

Suspended... does not equal... available.

Welcome to 24 hours ago.

The article's wording and title clearly created the confusion there.

And regardless, he files a grievance and wins, which is likely, he'll get released.