SportsWrath

Brandon Jacobs suspended - no longer a 49er

JMFP

http://www.cbssports...o-longer-a-49er

Brandon Jacobs ' tenure with the San Francisco 49ers has come to an end, according to a league source.

The team officially announced he has been suspended for the final three games of the regular season.

Details on how the separation occurred are still unclear, but Jacobs, who wrote he was "rotting away" with the 49ers on the picture-sharing service Instagram on Saturday, will not be with the team moving forward.

Coach Jim Harbaugh declined comment on Jacobs' status with the team Monday. When asked if Jacobs was on the team, Harbaugh replied: “I'll go with the Fifth Amendment. I have no comment about that.”

Jacobs, who signed with the team in the offseason after seven seasons with the New York Giants, has cleared out his locker.

Follow 49ers reporter Kyle Bonagura on Twitter @CBS49ers and @KyleBonagura.

Tags: Brandon Jacobs, New York Giants, San Francisco 49ers, NFL

According to a person who spoke to Jacobs after he was told of his suspension, the former New York Giant is saying he'll only play for one other team – the Giants. The person, who spoke to USA TODAY Sports on condition of anonymity, cautioned Jacobs could always change his mind. But for now, he's only interested in a return to the team that drafted him in 2005 and kept him around for seven seasons.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/niners/2012/12/10/san-francisco-49ers-brandon-jacobs-suspended-wants-to-return-to-new-york-giants/1759659/

This is what happens when you go chasing the money you stupid bitch.

I say let us repeat another Superbowl win and have him come crawling back in the offseason, sign him for Vet min and sit him behind Bradshaw and Wilson as the pass blocking back.

I'm grateful for what he has done without him we dont have the Lombardi's we do have but seriously he left with full knowledge of where he was going and last I heard he was happy to be gone.

Former Giants RB Brandon Jacobs OK to play behind Frank Gore

• NFL.com Wire Reports
  • Published: April 7, 2012 at 10:33 a.m.
  • 0 Likes | 0 Comments

After Brandon Jacobs struck a deal to join the San Francisco 49ers, many people questioned how the former New York Giants running back would fit with a team that already boasted Frank Gore and Kendall Hunter.

But after officially signing with the 49ers on Friday, Jacobs said he was not concerned with how the team will spread touches among its backs.

Casserly: April draft evaluation

c_casserly_120210_65x90.jpg

The combine is held in February and pro days are in March. Then what?
Charley Casserly
explains April evaluation.

"All that part will work itself out. As far as competing, that will make everyone of us better," Jacobs said, according to the 49ers' official website. "It makes us better as a team, it makes us better at our job. I'm looking forward to the opportunity of playing with Frank."

Jacobs spent seven seasons with New York, winning two Super Bowls and helping the Giants beat the 49ers 20-17 in overtime of the NFC Championship Game at Candlestick Park on Jan. 22. He ran for 571 yards and seven touchdowns last season as his role diminished behind emerging Ahmad Bradshaw.

The 29-year-old Jacobs was released March 9 by the Super Bowl champion Giants after both failed to work out a restructured contract.

Having joined the league's No. 8 rushing attack, Jacobs said he would have to establish himself with his new team.

"My role is going to come off how much I earn," Jacobs said. "I'm going to earn everything I get."

Fuck you Jacobs, we can win without you.

Guess he couldn't take being 4th on the depth chart.

How did he not know that was going to be the case going there, though? I don't get his beef, there's 3 RBs on that team that are clearly better than him.

How did he not know that was going to be the case going there, though? I don't get his beef, there's 3 RBs on that team that are clearly better than him.

Well, Gore has a history of missing games with injury so I assume he felt he'd get in games that way. Big ego.

Well, Gore has a history of missing games with injury so I assume he felt he'd get in games that way. Big ego.

True, but it's worth noting Jacobs has some bad wheels, himself...definitely a guy with a big ego and inflated self-worth. He was a barely serviceable short yardage back, if you want to call him that, in his final years with us.

The only reason I'd bring him back is, like someone said, to replace Kregg Lumpkin with a guy who already knows the system and is probably a better pass blocking back than anyone on the roster right now.

I'm not arguing, I don't know the rules here, but the article clearly says "is no longer a 49er".

well the title says that, the article says he has been suspended for the final 3 games.

he hasn't been waived or released, he's suspended.

True, but it's worth noting Jacobs has some bad wheels, himself...definitely a guy with a big ego and inflated self-worth. He was a barely serviceable short yardage back, if you want to call him that, in his final years with us.

The only reason I'd bring him back is, like someone said, to replace Kregg Lumpkin with a guy who already knows the system and is probably a better pass blocking back than anyone on the roster right now.

That's what I didn't get from the 9ers point of view. They said they were getting him for short yardage. Had they watched the video?

Serviceable t the goal line, I guess.

well the title says that, the article says he has been suspended for the final 3 games.

he hasn't been waived or released, he's suspended.

I agree, I think they are under the assumption he will be. Then again, didn't TO spend half a season suspended and the Eagles or Cowboys or 9ers or whoever it was (I think the Eagles) didn't release him until the following offseason?

It was a simple case of the 69'ers trying to mess with the Giants mojo...that they are suspending him is an indication that they don't want us to have him back. But the joke is on them and him...we don't want him back... :P

They will have to release him to free up a roster spot..........we should take him back and give him #1 if its not retired..........He cannot have Brown's numbr under any circumstances

unless they retired #1 or some shix like that

can you picture him running wild in a SFO playoff game LOL.........would be a remake of the trucking of Laron Landry

I'm not joking.

Would you rather have him as your "pass blocking back" or some guy named Craig Lumpkin?

I totally agree.....Jacobs is healthy, and we're currently running with Lumpkin and Torain.

Sounds like Harbaugh pulled a cock move with the suspension, though......a classier coach would have just cut him.