SportsWrath

Brandon Jacobs suspended - no longer a 49er

JMFP

Wouldn't there be some kind of waiver priority? I'd imagine there would be some other teams interested too.

It would except for that fact that he clearly expressed there is only one other team he is interested in playing for and thats the Giants. Other teams might not take kindly to that statement. Id take him back in a flash!

Ahmad Bradshaw with one leg is twice the player Brandon Jacobs is now and will still run harder and try harder. We waited years for Jacobs to break out and frankly his overall career with us was underwhelming to be nice, some good runs and highlight hits on safetys he had 40 -50 pounds on. He got one big 4th down in the superbowl, he barely played the 2nd one. He should have been more than that since he's a real freak size wise. The understanding was he had to take a pay cut to stay, if he was smart he would have taken it, but smart isn't a Brandon thing, I mean look at how he's acting now. If running was talking,he'd be Walter Payton. I'd be pissed if I was harbaugh too, remember earlier this season this guy talking about how he misses Coughlin!.

I'm amazed reading this stuff, his playng with a chip on his shoulder and angry jacobs. He's 5 carries for 7 yards, don't you think he should have a chip on his shoulder now if he wants to prove something, if he's been treated so bad, don't you think he'd be pissed off enough to make a point.

Frankly, I'd have Tiki back before jacobs, and I know that seems outrageous, but for all the shit Tiki has taken, I know he'd at least run hard.

Boo, you make a great argument here... However, given our current situation.. where we lost Andre Brown, shouldn't BJ be our 3rd string RB behind a rookie and a one legged Bradshaw... or even our 4th?

To me, Harbaugh puts out an aura of arrogance that makes it hard for me, personally, to respect the guy. To me, it seems like Harbaugh and Jacobs's personalities were destined to clash....especially when Jacobs also has a highly inflated sense of self-worth, himself.

Somebody stayed at a holiday inn express last night :P

To me, Harbaugh puts out an aura of arrogance that makes it hard for me, personally, to respect the guy. To me, it seems like Harbaugh and Jacobs's personalities were destined to clash....especially when Jacobs also has a highly inflated sense of self-worth, himself.

I would agree with that. He makes it to a Championship game his first year with a team built by his predecessors and he thinks he's king. Reminds me of Rex "Footman" Ryan who had early success but can't sustain it. It would seem from day one that this was a match made in hell.

Welcome to 24 hours ago.

The article's wording and title clearly created the confusion there.

And regardless, he files a grievance and wins, which is likely, he'll get released.

lol, don't tell me, tell the guys that kept going on like he was available. 24 hours later.

And I doubt he wins the grievance. Keyshawn Johnson went through the same exact thing and he couldn't get released either.

Boo, you make a great argument here... However, given our current situation.. where we lost Andre Brown, shouldn't BJ be our 3rd string RB behind a rookie and a one legged Bradshaw... or even our 4th?

He doesn't want to be the 3rd/4th string rb in SF nas, and they have a better record and more than likely will make the playoffs. What makes you think he's going to be happy playing backup to Bradshaw and Wilson here?.

It's jacobs MO, he was fine here in New York when he was the starter and Bradshaw was backing him up, he was cool with that, even when it was clear that as a backup Bradshaw was playing better. The minute Bradshaw became the starter, Jacobs started his bitching and moaning and suposedly he had a chip on his shoulder and he was angry and all that shit and he never proved anyone wrong, in fact he solidified it. We had to put Bradshaw in on 3rd and shorts.

He's a good blocker yes, but he's 6 4 and 265, he's almost a lineman.

Anyway, he's filed a grievance and he still can't go anywhere till that's cleared up, the Giants may have a decision to make to get someone else if Bradshaw's MRI doesn't clear him and he's out. So I don't expect Jacobs back at all this season, no loss.

I wonder if Jacobs would be better served in the H-Back position at this stage in his career.

Given his size (6-4, 260+), he could play the position....and he's a good blocker and decent receiver.

Not sure his size is a good fit... H-Backs much like OL (in my opinion) are better when they're shorter and stockier.. given them that low to the ground power where as a taller player can be easily tripped or avoided.

I wonder if Jacobs would be better served in the H-Back position at this stage in his career.

Given his size (6-4, 260+), he could play the position....and he's a good blocker and decent receiver.

Tight end would be his best option IMO, because he does have decent hands and fact is he's better in the flat.

I would agree with that. He makes it to a Championship game his first year with a team built by his predecessors and he thinks he's king. Reminds me of Rex "Footman" Ryan who had early success but can't sustain it. It would seem from day one that this was a match made in hell.

Thank you... all of the football writers were anointing this cat as the Messiah when the whole team was built to last before he even signed a contract. Has that I'm smarter than everyone in the room vibe to him. Hate cock suckers like him. Don't worry though...he is the flavor of the month...fuck up this QB controversy or pull a Rex and come up short against his version of the Patriots (e.g. Giants) then the honeymoon will be over.

IMO jacobs was a monumental pud here. Esp after all his crying last year. And I was glad to see him go. Then after hearing guys like Subert, dehil and amani talk about him I changed my mind. Appearntly when he's not acting like a cry baby in the media he's well liked by his teammates and "brings allot of fire to the field".

So take it for whats it's worth.

Some here seem certain that he will not be back. Unless he blows Jim with a smile I don't see him playing for the rest of the year. If he does it seems there are a ton of hurdles to get here assuming that TC and Reese even want him here.

Bob Papa seemed to think it was/is possible.

Again take all of this for what it's worth. A bunch of words and opinions. :030:

IMO jacobs was a monumental pud here. Esp after all his crying last year. And I was glad to see him go. Then after hearing guys like Subert, dehil and amani talk about him I changed my mind. Appearntly when he's not acting like a cry baby in the media he's well liked by his teammates and "brings allot of fire to the field".

So take it for whats it's worth.

Some here seem certain that he will not be back. Unless he blows Jim with a smile I don't see him playing for the rest of the year. If he does it seems there are a ton of hurdles to get here assuming that TC and Reese even want him here.

Bob Papa seemed to think it was/is possible.

Again take all of this for what it's worth. A bunch of words and opinions. :030:

Jacobs used to drive me crazy too, but I always felt like he absolutely loved the team.....he was emotionally invested, and that often resulted in him saying and doing some stupid things.

It's like taking someone from Sportswrath, giving him a Hulk body, and putting him on the Giants.

Not sure his size is a good fit... H-Backs much like OL (in my opinion) are better when they're shorter and stockier.. given them that low to the ground power where as a taller player can be easily tripped or avoided.

Good point about the height thing....TE might be better, as Booyah suggested.

Thank you... all of the football writers were anointing this cat as the Messiah when the whole team was built to last before he even signed a contract. Has that I'm smarter than everyone in the room vibe to him. Hate cock suckers like him. Don't worry though...he is the flavor of the month...fuck up this QB controversy or pull a Rex and come up short against his version of the Patriots (e.g. Giants) then the honeymoon will be over.

Singletary may have been crazy but it seems like his type of team. A true ground and pound.