SportsWrath

Justin Tuck is a FRAUD

osi724dasack

Osi is gone at the end of the year regardless, he will get some team to overpay for him.

Tuck, if he can accept a pay cut and come back as a rotation DE I wouldn't mind it, but as of this moment his starting days are over.

Tuck can still play the run well, he just cant get to the QB, maybe it's time for the Giants to draft some more DEs.

I always thought Tuck performed better at DT than he did at DE anyhow. A lot of that had to do with lining up next to Strahan I think, but Tuck has definitely regressed. Whether it's nagging injuries or just getting long in the tooth, he's not the same player.

Now, is he still a clear starter in this league? Yes. Do I think he needs cut or traded, certainly not with Osi hitting FA this coming year.

We'll be in the market though for some youth at that position though...that's for sure. Hopefully Ojomo is able to work his way up through the ranks.

Yea i said it.

The Dude has played Like crap and has horrible body language.

He even openly admitted to quitting last year.

Getting rid of Tuck and Osi should clear enough room to re-sign our hungry youth.

As long as they stay out of the NFCE i'm fine with this.

I always thought Tuck performed better at DT than he did at DE anyhow. A lot of that had to do with lining up next to Strahan I think, but Tuck has definitely regressed. Whether it's nagging injuries or just getting long in the tooth, he's not the same player.

Now, is he still a clear starter in this league? Yes. Do I think he needs cut or traded, certainly not with Osi hitting FA this coming year.

We'll be in the market though for some youth at that position though...that's for sure. Hopefully Ojomo is able to work his way up through the ranks.

I agree. The 07 Super Bowl year, he dominated as a DT. In the SB itself, he got MVP votes for the way he was in NE's backfield all day. They would go to a wider split on passing downs, to give him a little more room to operate and he was just too quick for the interior OL's. Don't know why we never show this look anymore.

He's an old 29. The defense looked like this last year too. A playoff run with a Super Bowl victory helps you forget about that sometimes. I still think Tuck has ability and he is a big game player the only question is if we get there. At Atlanta, at Baltimore and the Eagles at home to close the season better hope they have their shit together by then.

Tuck's the fraud? Last I check, Osi defrauded the Giants out of like 6 million this season.....

They're both frauds.

Osi gets a pass because be isn't the team captain and we already know he's a one trick pony type of player. JT is supposed to be top flight.

More to do with his speed against a guard and center that are used to having to deal with opponents who are trying to over power them and not run around them. He didn't regress, this just is not the same defensive line.

They're both frauds.

Osi gets a pass because be isn't the team captain and we already know he's a one trick pony type of player. JT is supposed to be top flight.

I'd lay off Osi....all he has to do is force one strip sack per game. He could literally do nothing else all game, as long as he gets that strip sack....and we gotta recover it, too. But he doesn't even make that one big impact play anymore and he used to do that on occasion.

I'm thinking the defensive line makes the same statement that the offensive line and bradshaw made last week.

Jesus Joe!....it don't work that way....the way it works is you shit talk them...say they are done...through....kaput...going to have their last start then "the changing of the guard"........like your Bradsaw thread before the Browns game........and then my firend...that is when the magic happens.

C. Wagon

Jesus Joe!....it don't work that way....the way it works is you shit talk them...say they are done...through....kaput...going to have their last start then "the changing of the guard"........like your Bradsaw thread before the Browns game........and then my firend...that is when the magic happens.

C. Wagon

That Bradshaw thread was ill-advised.

I'd lay off Osi....all he has to do is force one strip sack per game. He could literally do nothing else all game, as long as he gets that strip sack....and we gotta recover it, too. But he doesn't even make that one big impact play anymore and he used to do that on occasion.

He almost had one against the Browns...he is this eras lesser equivalent to George Martin who used to get tip interceptions on the line.

Guest StrahansGap

I think opponents are playing the Giants a lot differently this year. This might have a lot to do with the lack of a pass rush. Our secondary blows moose cock. Has anyone stopped to think that opposing QB's are getting rid of the ball faster?? If I were a Defensive Coordinator of an opposing team, I would throw screens, slants and zero cuts all day long vs us....essentially taking away our defensive line.

Its not the Dline

They are playing well........you cannot do it without some blitzing LBers or DBs

Fewell has left the Dline out to dry

Fewell's blitzed more than usual in the preceeding weeks, though I didn't see any last week, probably becasue they were trying to contain Richardson (not that it was working).

Fewell's blitzed more than usual in the preceeding weeks, though I didn't see any last week, probably becasue they were trying to contain Richardson (not that it was working).

lol, especially when half your defensive line plays every play like it's a pass play (OSI!), rushing themselves right out of their containment responsibilities.