SportsWrath

Jacobs Speaks the Truth

Tempest

link

Brandon Jacobs believes he knows what Giants fans are all about.

“Giants fans are going to be Giants fans,’’ Jacobs said Wednesday morning on WFAN. “They’re great when you’re up and, it’s like that everywhere else as well, then they kick you when you’re down.’’

Jacobs ripped into the fans at MetLife Stadium following the Giants 17-10 loss to the Eagles after he managed to gain only 21 yards on 12 rushing attempts. The fans booed the Giants offense on more than one occasion. “The best thing they do here is boo,’’ Jacobs said afterward.

He didn’t really soften that stance on the radio but he did seek to explain his reasoning.

“We’re already having trouble overcoming adversity and for them to stir it up and add to the pot makes it even harder,’’ Jacobs said.

“I’m not saying I don’t care about our fans. I’m just saying we need them, there’s a reason we play at home, when we’re down and going through adversity we need them to lift us up, not kick us down. That’s all I’m trying to say. We do have great fans and I’ve witnessed that as well throughout my seven years here. The things we’re going through this year, as far as playing at home, the negativity, it’s hard to bring us up through that. We don’t want to hear things like that when we’re playing at home and we still got a chance to win. It’s really hard. That’s all I’m saying.

“I want them to cheer for us, I want our stadium to be super loud when the opposite offense is out on the field. As far as me, I can’t do anything to make them think anything different. I’m just going to go out there and work hard and do the best I can do.’’

Jacobs reiterated what he said after his interview in Men’s Fitness – when it came off as if he wants off the Giants – by saying he wants to stay but doesn’t think he will stay around much longer.

“I would love to finish my career as a New York Giant,’’ Jacobs said. “Everyone’s taking my words and twisting them up, taking ‘em and putting ‘em against me. I’m not saying that. I’m not making those comments because I don’t want to be a Giant. I’m saying that because there’s other reasons and issues that could stop that from happening. Do I want to be a Giant? Yes, my family’s here, we’re settled, my kids are in school. I like it here. There’s a lot of other opportunities here for me as well. ‘’

Let's be honest, some Giants fans are bandwagon-jumpers. I'm not writing about true blue Giants fans. I mean those fans who both love and hate Eli Manning—make up your mind, is he elite or not? I'm writing about ones who declared this season over in the preseason when the team was hit hard by injuries. Apparently, according to Twitter and sports talk radio, it's over again following the Giants' 17-10 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday, November 20.

This is nothing new in New York. Some Giants fans bailed on the team in 2007 after an 0-2 start, only to run to their local sporting goods store to buy championship T-shirts and caps when the team won Super Bowl XLII. And they're probably the same fans who booed the Giants during Sunday's game with the Eagles. Yes, the Giants' offense played horribly that game and Jacobs, who rushed for 21 measly yards, shares the blame for that performance. But consider something else he said on WFAN.

Added Jacobs, "We're already having trouble overcoming adversity and for them to stir it up and add to the pot makes it even harder,''

Like Jacobs said, Giants fans aren't the only ones who boo the home team. And, as paying customers, they have every right to boo whoever and whenever they want to. But those fans shouldn't be upset when a player calls them out on their fair-weather behavior. It's easy to cheer for the Giants when they're playing well and winning games. But how about when the Giants are down?

link

yawn.gif this team may be the biggest whiners in the league.

Bump....insulting....fuck you Brandon....I have been cheering and criticizing Giants teams before your by blow conception....probably before your parents were out of pre adolescence so you can drop dead.

Let's be honest, some Giants fans are bandwagon-jumpers. I'm not writing about true blue Giants fans. I mean those fans who both love and hate Eli Manning—make up your mind, is he elite or not? I'm writing about ones who declared this season over in the preseason when the team was hit hard by injuries. Apparently, according to Twitter and sports talk radio, it's over again following the Giants' 17-10 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday, November 20.

This is nothing new in New York. Some Giants fans bailed on the team in 2007 after an 0-2 start, only to run to their local sporting goods store to buy championship T-shirts and caps when the team won Super Bowl XLII. And they're probably the same fans who booed the Giants during Sunday's game with the Eagles. Yes, the Giants' offense played horribly that game and Jacobs, who rushed for 21 measly yards, shares the blame for that performance. But consider something else he said on WFAN.

Added Jacobs, "We're already having trouble overcoming adversity and for them to stir it up and add to the pot makes it even harder,''

Like Jacobs said, Giants fans aren't the only ones who boo the home team. And, as paying customers, they have every right to boo whoever and whenever they want to. But those fans shouldn't be upset when a player calls them out on their fair-weather behavior. It's easy to cheer for the Giants when they're playing well and winning games. But how about when the Giants are down?

you really needed to hear the interview. They gave Jacobs every opportunity to pull back on some of his ignorant comments, and he didn't get it. The interviewers were the ones that brought up that it happens everywhere, and you need not fuel it. On that note, the dog does see what you are saying...never understood fans referring to a sports team and saying "we", but when they do, it is always WE destroyed them...WE kicked there asses...etc...and then when the team struggles, the same fan says, it's THIS team sucks...THIS team has issues...etc...what happened to the "we"?

Perhaps bigblue01 would like o offer something on this topic...oh wait, he just denounced this team and declared for the second time this season that he is officially done with them...self proclaimed super fan or childlike fair weather fan, you decide...

link

link

Brandon Jacobs believes he knows what Giants fans are all about.

“Giants fans are going to be Giants fans,’’ Jacobs said Wednesday morning on WFAN. “They’re great when you’re up and, it’s like that everywhere else as well, then they kick you when you’re down.’’

Jacobs ripped into the fans at MetLife Stadium following the Giants 17-10 loss to the Eagles after he managed to gain only 21 yards on 12 rushing attempts. The fans booed the Giants offense on more than one occasion. “The best thing they do here is boo,’’ Jacobs said afterward.

He didn’t really soften that stance on the radio but he did seek to explain his reasoning.

“We’re already having trouble overcoming adversity and for them to stir it up and add to the pot makes it even harder,’’ Jacobs said.

“I’m not saying I don’t care about our fans. I’m just saying we need them, there’s a reason we play at home, when we’re down and going through adversity we need them to lift us up, not kick us down. That’s all I’m trying to say. We do have great fans and I’ve witnessed that as well throughout my seven years here. The things we’re going through this year, as far as playing at home, the negativity, it’s hard to bring us up through that. We don’t want to hear things like that when we’re playing at home and we still got a chance to win. It’s really hard. That’s all I’m saying.

“I want them to cheer for us, I want our stadium to be super loud when the opposite offense is out on the field. As far as me, I can’t do anything to make them think anything different. I’m just going to go out there and work hard and do the best I can do.’’

Jacobs reiterated what he said after his interview in Men’s Fitness – when it came off as if he wants off the Giants – by saying he wants to stay but doesn’t think he will stay around much longer.

“I would love to finish my career as a New York Giant,’’ Jacobs said. “Everyone’s taking my words and twisting them up, taking ‘em and putting ‘em against me. I’m not saying that. I’m not making those comments because I don’t want to be a Giant. I’m saying that because there’s other reasons and issues that could stop that from happening. Do I want to be a Giant? Yes, my family’s here, we’re settled, my kids are in school. I like it here. There’s a lot of other opportunities here for me as well. ‘’

I like Jacobs....sometimes he needs to measure his words, but I think his heart is in the right place.

While "beloved" Giants like Steve Smith were running for the money, Jacobs was giving money back in order to get Bradshaw's contract worked out.

In my opinion, the biggest problem with Jacobs is that two great Giants (O'Hara & Seubert) were injured, cut, and replaced with one huge fucking bust (Baas).

I'm more upset with Jerry Reese than Brandon Jacobs right now.....it's not Jacob's job to manage the cap and restock the offensive line.

I like Jacobs....sometimes he needs to measure his words, but I think his heart is in the right place.

While "beloved" Giants like Steve Smith were running for the money, Jacobs was giving money back in order to get Bradshaw's contract worked out.

In my opinion, the biggest problem with Jacobs is that two great Giants (O'Hara & Seubert) were injured, cut, and replaced with one huge fucking bust (Baas).

I'm more upset with Jerry Reese than Brandon Jacobs right now.....it's not Jacob's job to manage the cap and restock the offensive line.

Give Jacobs Ohara and Seubert back and he would still be running like a pussy.

Outside of his first couple of season I've been saying it the big man is wearing down and has little to nothing left.

I think Jacobs has the IQ of a stone. Simple as that. It also explains why he tries to run up his offensive lineman's backs instead of hitting a cut lane hard.

That said, there wasn't much any running back in the league could have done Sunday night.

But that team's performance deserved boos. And the stadium was loud as hell when the Giants were on defense making plays, so fuck Jacobs.

if he's referring to the stadium.. then i'll agree.. many of those fans are just there for experience.. with the price of tickets, i don't blame the real true Giants fans from not attending all the time..

That... and I like watching from the comfort of my couch anyway.

Sorry Brandon, but when fans are shelling out 200+ bucks for a nosebleed seat with their kid and are then subjected to 10 dollar hot-dogs and 15-dollar beers... and you trot out the shit show that your team did on Sunday night... fuck yes, they're going to boo, what the hell do you expect.

I'd be willing to bet that if actually averaged 3 or 4 yards per carry or if he actually ran someone over instead of running into his own fucking linemen, that he'd receive some cheers.

Beyond that, he has to realize that the offensive line was receiving a lot of those boos, not just him personally.

But that team's performance deserved boos. And the stadium was loud as hell when the Giants were on defense making plays, so fuck Jacobs.

Very good point; they weren't booing the team, they were booing you, Brandon, because you're playing like shit. I'm sick to death of seeing him in the middle of every fight on the field too.

Very good point; they weren't booing the team, they were booing you, Brandon, because you're playing like shit. I'm sick to death of seeing him in the middle of every fight on the field too.

He's a loud mouth that was never that talented to begin with.

The fans get behind effort, they get behind guys giving a shit. No real effort Sunday night was there Brandon? David Baas though has some nice cleat marks up his calf.

I never boo my teams, never. I don't understand booing myself, I agree it doesn't help a team and no matter how much a guy makes it has to affect them. would agree with him on that.

But the deal with Jacobs it he always talks like he's a million bucks, he always gets amped up like he's a million bucks, and in fairness he's probably worth a million bucks as a teammate. And then he takes the field and runs like a nickel.

And then goes back to complaining like he's worth a million bucks and why don't people see it?

I give him the rest of the season to completely prove me wrong, but if continues like this then I say let's move on, the experiment is over.

I don't understand the hate on Baas. I'm not sure what you guys are seeing. When I reviewed the game, he and Snee looked like our best linemen (and Snee was battling the flu). Baas did make a couple of mistakes, but the majority of the game he was very physical, even had some pancakes. He was pushing guys back, too, or at least stonewalling them. Diehl is the guy you want. He is getting blown up on every play, or just being pushed back right into Eli. Seriously, it's few and far between when he actually holds his block. He has been a complete disaster at LG, and he is reason #1 that this run game hasn't performed.

I don't understand the hate on Baas. I'm not sure what you guys are seeing. When I reviewed the game, he and Snee looked like our best linemen (and Snee was battling the flu). Baas did make a couple of mistakes, but the majority of the game he was very physical, even had some pancakes. He was pushing guys back, too, or at least stonewalling them. Diehl is the guy you want. He is getting blown up on every play, or just being pushed back right into Eli. Seriously, it's few and far between when he actually holds his block. He has been a complete disaster at LG, and he is reason #1 that this run game hasn't performed.

Snee and McKenzie haven't played up to par either, but I agree, Diehl has not been good. Baas has been fine IMO, and I think Beatty and Boothe have been fine this year also

I don't boo when I goto games but fans have every right to do whatever the fuck they want. There is a lot of money and time invested by the people going to the games every week and for players to criticize their behavior when they put forth the effort we saw on Sunday is insulting. Brandon, just man the hell up and start performing. You're running out of games to make a good impression for the teams who might want to sign you.

In defense of Brandons performance, I dont think there are many running backs that would do well the way our O-line has been playing. He was hit several times before he could even get back to the line.

Im not one of those fans who think the ship has sunk, far from it. But Id be lieing if I said I didnt see a clear pattern here.