SportsWrath

Breaking News !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lughead

Oh boy. Storm's gonna have a field day with one of the comments from that article:

Flash25

5:05:08 PM

Jul 24, 2010

Welcome Keith! Brother, I have two words for you. DO WORK!!!

Hmm, 33 years old and coming back from an injury. Yeah he's going to be our starter this year. If it was any other team you can argue they brought him in to compete with the rookies, but we know better. He was brought in to start and I can't think of a single player at the moment who was hurt the previous season then came back and had a great season the next.

Giants seem to use a different system entirely when drafting linebackers. I think they should be open to using another system for drafting them, one that might work and help them find a significant talent at linebacker.

A fortune teller reading chicken bones could have picked one by now. That octopus in Germany that picked the world cup teams should be consulting next year for the draft.

Hmm, 33 years old and coming back from an injury. Yeah he's going to be our starter this year. If it was any other team you can argue they brought him in to compete with the rookies, but we know better. He was brought in to start and I can't think of a single player at the moment who was hurt the previous season then came back and had a great season the next.

Giants seem to use a different system entirely when drafting linebackers. I think they should be open to using another system for drafting them, one that might work and help them find a significant talent at linebacker.

A fortune teller reading chicken bones could have picked one by now. That octopus in Germany that picked the world cup teams should be consulting next year for the draft.

:LMAO: That's pretty funny.....and sad at the same time. Who would have thought the same team that got LT would have issues drafting and developing a LB'er?

check out this article from espn

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5407144

Giants sign linebacker Bulluck

By Tom Friend

ESPN.com

Archive

Free-agent linebacker Keith Bulluck officially joined the New York Giants on Saturday, after nailing a private workout Monday in the oppressive Meadowlands heat.

But he unofficially joined them in March in the cold Manhattan rain.

Coming off ACL surgery just seven months ago, with no team to supervise his recovery, Bulluck spent most of his spring rehabbing in New York. In the process, he fell back in love with the city of his youth -- and signed Saturday with the Giants, making it the city of his immediate future.

Bulluck's one-year deal is worth about $2.5 million with incentives, a league source told ESPNNewYork.com's Ohm Youngmisuk.

"Just walking the streets of New York gave me my edge back," said Bulluck, 33, a former Pro Bowl player who has spent his 10 NFL seasons with the Tennessee Titans. "Some of those walks were tough, man. Like when it's raining or sleeting or it's just cold out. And your knee aches. I wasn't 100 percent at the time. But the energy of it all helped me. Just the people, the good attitudes, the bad attitudes, just the whole vibe of the metropolitan area. If you're from there or have ever been there, you definitely know what I'm talking about. I'd have to say this is a dream come true."

Bulluck visited with the Arizona Cardinals after his visit with the Giants this week but it didn't take him long to make up his mind on where to play this season.

"He was pretty geeked up about both places," Gary Wichard, Bulluck's agent, said by telephone on Saturday. "Next day he calls me up and he says, 'I've been dreaming about this my whole life. I'm from New York. It's not even close.' It was his dream to play for the Giants. He grew up in New City. Like all kids his age, LT [Lawrence Taylor] was what it is about."

A native of New City, New York -- about 20 miles from the Meadowlands -- Bulluck fills a huge need for the Giants, who released middle linebacker Antonio Pierce in February and were trying to replace him with Jonathan Goff and Chase Blackburn.

But the Giants also fill a huge need for Bulluck, who'd been twisting in the wind ever since he blew out his left knee Dec. 20 -- two weeks before becoming an unrestricted free agent.

"It's just hard when you're a free agent with an injury," he said. "You kind of feel like after all you've done, you're being abandoned."

Bulluck had 108 tackles last season in 14 games before suffering his knee injury. Bulluck had started 127 straight games prior to the injury.

Wichard said Bulluck's knee isn't an issue.

"He is seven months post-operation, he is ready to go," Wichard said. "He didn't want to visit or meet anybody until he could work out for them."

Following the 2009 season, Bulluck was only allowed to rehab at the Titans facility through Feb. 28 -- because, as of March 1, he was no longer a member of the organization. And he left town miffed, because management seemed ambivalent about re-signing him.

"I asked a couple coaches, and I actually asked the general manager what was up with me," Bulluck said. "And I never got any clear answers. So that told me right then and there what was up. And I understand. It's a business thing. They've got to see how I'm going to be in six or seven months when my injury's healed.

"It's easy when you get hurt and you're on a team, and you have a facility to go to. The trainers are going to work with you; you've got everything right there for you. Mind you, I'd never had a major injury before. So this being my first major injury and for me to not be with a team, I felt displaced this whole time. I really felt displaced."

With nowhere else to go, he flew to New York on the final day of February.

"Well, New York -- that's where I'm from," he said. "My second home. New York, that's where I kind of get my football mentality from. You know the song, 'If you can make it there, you can make it anywhere.' I consider myself a New Yorker. So, yeah, you've got to go back to where everything started. I was broke down. My body was broke down, so I had to get back to my roots. Go get back around my friends, my family, like the people I probably needed most at the time, and that's where they all were -- in New York."

Through one of those friends, he hooked up with Gary Guerriero, a physical therapist/trainer/strength coach at the U.S. Athletic Training Center. Guerriero looked up Bulluck's stats one day in April and saw that he'd been a Pro Bowl player in 2003, that he'd had 1,057 tackles over 10 Tennessee seasons. Guerriero, a longtime New Yorker, immediately started campaigning for Bulluck to join the Giants.

As many as six teams wanted to bring Bulluck in for a look-see, but neither he nor his agent saw any purpose in it. As part of his plan, he left New York at the start of May to work out with trainer Brett Fischer in Phoenix. Bulluck's periodic training partners were Darrelle Revis, Vincent Jackson and his old Syracuse buddy, Donovan McNabb.

Around July 1, Fischer told Bulluck he was full-go.

Bulluck's first team visit was July 19 at the Meadowlands. He showed up without a knee brace -- a heartening sight just seven months after surgery -- and the Giants staff led him through a series of linebacker drills in sweltering conditions. Head coach Tom Coughlin, a Syracuse alum himself, was one of Bulluck's strongest advocates, but the club wanted to wait a day to see how Bulluck's knee responded. When he woke up Tuesday without swelling, GM Jerry Reese offered him a contract and the starting middle linebacker job.

But the Cardinals were Bulluck fans, too, and convinced the linebacker to fly to Phoenix for a workout on July 21. Bulluck hit it off with head coach Ken Whisenhunt, who also dangled his starting middle linebacker job. The Cardinals had earlier lost inside linebacker Karlos Dansby to free agency and had a definite need. But Bulluck slept on it, mulled over the decision for a day and a half and chose the Giants.

"I'm a New York dude -- no way I can play anyplace else," Bulluck said. "New York's about toughness ... the NFC East. That's where I belong. ...

"I felt like [the Titans] could've signed me at the beginning of last year or halfway through the season if they really wanted me. So they know what's up. They've seen me play, practice, carry myself. Even in big games. They know what type of player I am. So them being my former team now, they don't want to see me on the other sideline, for sure."

But they will see him fairly soon -- the Giants host the Titans on Sept. 26.

"The game changes now that I'm in New York," Bulluck said. "The game totally changes. I think that the energy that the city brings and the excitement and the fans that all the New York sports teams have will definitely help me out a lot. Just as far as stoking the fire that's still burning. I'd love to help bring another championship to New York.

"But I can't just go back there and not be productive. I've still got work to do, and I'm still working towards everything that I need to do for myself individually. I mean, it would've been great to end my career in Tennessee because that's where I started. But it would be great to end my career in New York because that's where it really all started."

Tom Friend is a senior writer for ESPN.com. Information from ESPNNewYork.com's Ohm Youngmisuk contributed to this report.

Ugh a 33yr old MLB coming of ACL surgery Starting for us...

I hope Reese has a sick feeling in his mouth with the knowledge that he failed to address the single most glaring need all off season and had to settle for a broken down Free agent a week for before training camp begins

I don't know man... last I checked we did pick a LB in this draft.. and this draft had shit at that position. So we're trying to do a patch up job till we can find someone viable.. every team goes thru this.

And who knows.. maybe he turns out to be a very nice surprise for us.

I don't know man... last I checked we did pick a LB in this draft.. and this draft had shit at that position. So we're trying to do a patch up job till we can find someone viable.. every team goes thru this.

And who knows.. maybe he turns out to be a very nice surprise for us.

I have to agree, this year draft was one of the worst for LBs in recent history with only McClain being the only day one starter. Thanks to Oakland though he was long gone before we had a chance at him and you never know about Dillard the coaches apparently like the kid and some say he may be pushing a starting job when the season is under way. I would like us to eventually draft a stud LB, someone who can lead the D and really make an impact however I think due to other Giant needs and just not having that player available to us in the draft has caused us to over look the position in past years.

I like the signing in all honesty, Bulluck was a great LB with the Titans and the center piece and leader of their D for many years. The guy knows how to tackle that's for sure and I think like others have mentioned the Giants are hoping that he will be much like Sam Madison. Let him come in and show our young LB core some things after ten plus years in the NFL he should be able to show them a thing or two not to mention bring some more veteran leadership to our defense. I'd have no problem having our starting LBs being Sintim/Bulluck/Boley at the start of the year, infact I'd go as far as saying as it would be one of the better group of LBs we have started in quite a few years.

Besides who really knows about our LB situation better then the coaches, I've said this in the past but from all reports from Fewell he is happy with the LBs that we currently have even before the signing of Bullock. The guy knows what he wants in his defense and obviously he believes he can make it work with the personal we have.

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

I have to agree, this year draft was one of the worst for LBs in recent history with only McClain being the only day one starter. Thanks to Oakland though he was long gone before we had a chance at him and you never know about Dillard the coaches apparently like the kid and some say he may be pushing a starting job when the season is under way. I would like us to eventually draft a stud LB, someone who can lead the D and really make an impact however I think due to other Giant needs and just not having that player available to us in the draft has caused us to over look the position in past years.

I like the signing in all honesty, Bulluck was a great LB with the Titans and the center piece and leader of their D for many years. The guy knows how to tackle that's for sure and I think like others have mentioned the Giants are hoping that he will be much like Sam Madison. Let him come in and show our young LB core some things after ten plus years in the NFL he should be able to show them a thing or two not to mention bring some more veteran leadership to our defense. I'd have no problem having our starting LBs being Sintim/Bulluck/Boley at the start of the year, infact I'd go as far as saying as it would be one of the better group of LBs we have started in quite a few years.

Besides who really knows about our LB situation better then the coaches, I've said this in the past but from all reports from Fewell he is happy with the LBs that we currently have even before the signing of Bullock. The guy knows what he wants in his defense and obviously he believes he can make it work with the personal we have.

So apparently Pierce could not do this ?

So apparently Pierce could not do this ?

Pierce was cut and later retired because he was told by his doctor either walk the rest of your life or play another year and be in a wheel chair the rest of your life.

Which one would you pick?

I don't see a downside to this move. Ray Lewis is 35 and had a 134 tackles last year. I'll take Bulluck, even coming off of this injury, over the other guys. You don't have over a thousand tackles in your career without knowing what you're doing and how to do it. And he will step in and immediately command respect on that defense. I love this signing.

Yes, they are taking a bit of a gamble with Bulluck coming off of the knee injury, but it's less of a gamble, IMO, than sitting pat with the best player out of Goff, Blackburn, Wilkinson, and Dillard.

And if Bulluck isn't ready to go, then they will just plug one of the other guys in, which they would've done anyway. In the end, we know the best players are going to play. And I really think that Bulluck, even at 33, is going to be the best player at his position, and could be one of the standouts on our star-studded defense (at a bargain price).

Giants Sign Titans LB Kieth Bulluck

I guess they cant get enough of having a 33+ year old LBer with injuries . Pierce Part Duex?

Bullock had a torn ACL last year it takes a good 2 years to get back close to 100%

Well good luck Keith you are going to be our starting MLBer

WTf are you saying? Pierce was a really good player.

For 2.5 million for one year there is very little risk here, I have no issue with this. There were very few chances to make a move at mlb and we just made one. Depth at linebacker in general is a problem with the league right now.

Pierce was cut and later retired because he was told by his doctor either walk the rest of your life or play another year and be in a wheel chair the rest of your life.

Which one would you pick?

WHat I was saying is Pierce had a few years with the the younger Linebackers and they did not develop (except for Boley who came to the team as a Vet). Almost like he could not show them a thing or two or He did but it was just not sticking with them in their game. I didn't mean why not bring him back , his tank is empty.

WTf are you saying? Pierce was a really good player.

He couldn't cover last year and was injured he was in decline old and injured and Age 31 Bulluck is injured ACL and 33 Lets just hope he can BRING IT this year 7 months remover from ACL surgery . that would be Phenomenal.

I don't see a downside to this move. Ray Lewis is 35 and had a 134 tackles last year. I'll take Bulluck, even coming off of this injury, over the other guys. You don't have over a thousand tackles in your career without knowing what you're doing and how to do it. And he will step in and immediately command respect on that defense. I love this signing.

Yes, they are taking a bit of a gamble with Bulluck coming off of the knee injury, but it's less of a gamble, IMO, than sitting pat with the best player out of Goff, Blackburn, Wilkinson, and Dillard.

And if Bulluck isn't ready to go, then they will just plug one of the other guys in, which they would've done anyway. In the end, we know the best players are going to play. And I really think that Bulluck, even at 33, is going to be the best player at his position, and could be one of the standouts on our star-studded defense (at a bargain price).

Well said, Jim. :WS:

Besides, I would never put the defense in the hands of someone named "Phillip Dillard"...and we know Blackburn and Wilkinson aren't great....good for filling in for injured players, but starters they are not. Goff is a big question mark. Great signing.

It's a travesty the good LB talent that the Giants have passed on in the draft. :05-mafia:

Then again the Giants LBer strategy is to sign has beens and get a "value" draft pick.

Hey Offense: Be prepared to score early and often.

Can the Giants still trade for Marshall? :P

With Canty and Cofield healthy again, Alford well on the way back, and our newly drafted tackle, our MLB might have an easier time of it in comparison to last year. Maybe enough to let whoever winds up there keep his legs underneath himself.

At least I hope that.

It's a travesty the good LB talent that the Giants have passed on in the draft. :05-mafia:

Then again the Giants LBer strategy is to sign has beens and get a "value" draft pick.

Can the Giants still trade for Marshall? :P

haven't you heard, the sportswrath elders have bequeathed that mighty ramses will rule the end zone and have a randy moss like year.

football.gif