SportsWrath

Breaking News !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lughead

The guy certainly has leadership skills, which is what we lack without AP. If his injury doesnt affect him too much, thats a good signing. Like fish said, he could be our LB version of Sammy.

Yep I like it, I think Goff is better then people think, he was bad in coverage but that was under Sheridan, I would just throw out all stats from the Sheridan year. He will definently learn under Bulluck

haven't you heard, the sportswrath elders have bequeathed that mighty ramses will rule the end zone and have a randy moss like year.

football.gif

if Jon Gruden was our coach :rolleyes: Barden would have like 22 TD's, we would also have Kurt Warner throwing to him and Art Monk but Barden would have like 22 TD's

Who wrote this story? The same guy who wrote Jerome Bettis is from Detroit.

Dude, I sensed so much emotion out of the dude... the Titans did him dirty... and he's "full go" as per his physical therapist... I'm ecstatic about this signing.

I think the Giants have gotten Bulluck purely as an un-official on-the-field LB coach. He maybe has a couple years left in which, using his leadership skills and vast experience, he can coach the bunch we have this year and the one we will be picking in the top 2 rounds of next year and then retire. A very good insurance policy at the price at which we got him. Good signing IMO

I think the Giants have gotten Bulluck purely as an un-official on-the-field LB coach. He maybe has a couple years left in which, using his leadership skills and vast experience, he can coach the bunch we have this year and the one we will be picking in the top 2 rounds of next year and then retire. A very good insurance policy at the price at which we got him. Good signing IMO

That's exactly what I've been thinking. Hopefully he can still play some, but his mentoring the youngsters could be the biggest gain.

I get that this isn't an awe-inspiring roster move...but where's the downside? Relatively small contract, motivated player, good leader...and frankly, a better player than Pierce ever was. If he's full go, even at a couple years older than Pierce I don't think the team loses anything. Its a sideways move at worst.

I get that this isn't an awe-inspiring roster move...but where's the downside? Relatively small contract, motivated player, good leader...and frankly, a better player than Pierce ever was. If he's full go, even at a couple years older than Pierce I don't think the team loses anything. Its a sideways move at worst.

No way he beats Blackburn

/Jack :P

Nas you pointed out that this past draft class was weak as far as linebackers and I agree. Dillard looks a lot like every other linebacker we've drafted, good backup for our guy who would be a backup elsewhere.

When you take a DE and turn him into a linebacker, he is usually horrible in coverage. Goff played to expectations.

Cross your fingers for a dramatic improvement.

Pretty sure they go value pick by position and rate linebackers at the bottom, just above punter and fullback.

Pierce was cut and later retired because he was told by his doctor either walk the rest of your life or play another year and be in a wheel chair the rest of your life.

Which one would you pick?

Do you know this to be a fact or are you making up stories?

Pierce had claimed after we cut him he would play elsewhere........when elsewhere turned out to be flag football in a fantasy camp he realized no one wanted him

I never did, he was a light hitting slow ankle tackler .......it was the talent around him that won the SB

Do you know this to be a fact or are you making up stories?

Pierce had claimed after we cut him he would play elsewhere........when elsewhere turned out to be flag football in a fantasy camp he realized no one wanted him

I never did, he was a light hitting slow ankle tackler .......it was the talent around him that won the SB

I'm pretty sure BiC is right about the first part...

But I do agree with you on your assessment of AP's talent...merely a serviceable, Michael Barrow type workhorse who never made the big play (his biggest being that tackle against GB.......................................................), got beat OFTEN in coverage, but could line up the rest of the team so he somehow got the pass to play here for years because we never went after anyone with talent and have been content with drafting backups for YEARS. It's a shame. Other teams have MLBs who excel in more than one facet of the game...oh well...one day we'll finally wake up and draft a playmaker at the MLB position....

I for one, will not miss AP.

I'm pretty sure BiC is right about the first part...

But I do agree with you on your assessment of AP's talent...merely a serviceable, Michael Barrow type workhorse who never made the big play (his biggest being that tackle against GB.......................................................), got beat OFTEN in coverage, but could line up the rest of the team so he somehow got the pass to play here for years because we never went after anyone with talent and have been content with drafting backups for YEARS. It's a shame. Other teams have MLBs who excel in more than one facet of the game...oh well...one day we'll finally wake up and draft a playmaker at the MLB position....

I for one, will not miss AP.

Age caught up with him.. but let's not pretend he wasn't a pretty good player for us. I don't like shitting on players who wore Blue.. and retired as such.

Nas you pointed out that this past draft class was weak as far as linebackers and I agree. Dillard looks a lot like every other linebacker we've drafted, good backup for our guy who would be a backup elsewhere.

When you take a DE and turn him into a linebacker, he is usually horrible in coverage. Goff played to expectations.

Cross your fingers for a dramatic improvement.

Pretty sure they go value pick by position and rate linebackers at the bottom, just above punter and fullback.

Yeah apparently you can never have too many pass rushers that can then be converted to LBs that the Giants failed to draft. :smartass:

I don't see a downside to this move. Ray Lewis is 35 and had a 134 tackles last year. I'll take Bulluck, even coming off of this injury, over the other guys. You don't have over a thousand tackles in your career without knowing what you're doing and how to do it. And he will step in and immediately command respect on that defense. I love this signing.

Yes, they are taking a bit of a gamble with Bulluck coming off of the knee injury, but it's less of a gamble, IMO, than sitting pat with the best player out of Goff, Blackburn, Wilkinson, and Dillard.

And if Bulluck isn't ready to go, then they will just plug one of the other guys in, which they would've done anyway. In the end, we know the best players are going to play. And I really think that Bulluck, even at 33, is going to be the best player at his position, and could be one of the standouts on our star-studded defense (at a bargain price).

I'm with Jim on this.

Yes, 33, and yes, coming off a knee. But Bullock was a damn good player before he went down.

This is likely a short term fix, but like you said, I'd rather bring in a guy that's done it before - and very well - then trust the center of the defense to someone who has never done it before.