SportsWrath

Eagles interested...Very

so-cal dub

Eagles Very Interested In Burress

April 3rd, 2009

The Philadelphia Eagles are emerging as the leading candidate as of now to sign former Giants wideout Plaxico Burress. The word around Philadelphia is that quarterback Donovan McNabb is the leading person who is pushing for the Eagles to sign Burress. The Eagles are expected to compete with the Dallas Cowboys in signing Burress who are also looking for a legitimate number 2 wideout.

-=link=-

Well isnt that just swell.... :brooding:

They want Burress?? :huh: The guy isnt gonna play much this yr even if he gets a light sentence. I dont get it.

And NUMBER 2 WR??? Neither of these teams has a WR right now better than Plax. <_<

I think they meant Dallas was also looking for a legit number 2 as well as a number one. :LMAO:

To be fair, Buress is no TO. I was surprised the Giants let go with him now... the timing is a bit weird.

Of course it is weird to you. Only you would not understand releasing a receiver who does not understand a team not wanting to give bonus payments that were contractually tied to performance, both on and off the field. Only you would not understand wanting to release a player whose legal entanglements combined with the guaranteed league suspension means he won't be available for at least the entire 09 season if not longer.

Of course these stories came out. Heck, whether he plays or not, I wouldn't be surprised to see Dallas pick him up either way. Of course, they've just gotten some egg off of their face, so that's not extremely likely.

Furthermore, I think it's more likely that he's not playing this year and let's see what a year out of the game did to Pacman Jones, so I wouldn't worry just yet. Like all things, Plax's career with us is over and I'm not worried about himi right now. Me thinks the G made a decision somewhere between general dislike of the guy and a pretty well founded belief that he's not going to be doing anything buy catching balls in his face this year.

You have to understand that the Giants don't hold onto players to keep them away from other teams. When they finally decided to release Burress they did it in a way that shows the team and everyone around the league that the decision is final and they are moving on. Hell they could have released him in July but that really wouldn't change anything except keeping him away from a few other teams. They could have even tried to trade him but its just not their way.

Burress is just another player who squandered an opportunity of a lifetime.

You have to understand that the Giants don't hold onto players to keep them away from other teams. When they finally decided to release Burress they did it in a way that shows the team and everyone around the league that the decision is final and they are moving on. Hell they could have released him in July but that really wouldn't change anything except keeping him away from a few other teams. They could have even tried to trade him but its just not their way.

they could have tried to trade him but thats just not their way?????????

WTF......if he has any value, collect.....were in a war every year.....no giveaways

by trading him you keep his rear out of the NFC East.........someone in Giants management has a lot of spalainin to do

this whole saga is pathetic......someone, probably Mara just said get him out of here

Dumb Dumb Dumb.......you would never see the Patriots do this

the dog isn't sure about any of this...doesn't the release of any player by any team show everyone that the decision is final? Doesn't the decision to release any player by any team demonstrate to everyone that the team is "moving on"? The last part the dog may be misunderstanding, but it sounds like another attempt to make the giants organization sound like it is more noble than the rest of the sports world...if this is your intent, the dog implores you to stop...it is a business for the giants as it is for any sport's team...they don't make noble decisions because it is "there way"...they make business decisions to try and win games...sorry if the dog is misunderstanding...

the dog isn't sure about any of this...doesn't the release of any player by any team show everyone that the decision is final? Doesn't the decision to release any player by any team demonstrate to everyone that the team is "moving on"? The last part the dog may be misunderstanding, but it sounds like another attempt to make the giants organization sound like it is more noble than the rest of the sports world...if this is your intent, the dog implores you to stop...it is a business for the giants as it is for any sport's team...they don't make noble decisions because it is "there way"...they make business decisions to try and win games...sorry if the dog is misunderstanding...

Serious nitpicking as usual Dog. The Giants do business as usual, but they do handle things things better than more nearly every other team. Apart from Shockey, how much backlash do the Giants get and even then it was little or nothing. Nearly every player that leaves the Giants or has an association with the Giants has said they are a class organization, again that's players saying that, not fans.

Serious nitpicking as usual Dog. The Giants do business as usual, but they do handle things things better than more nearly every other team. Apart from Shockey, how much backlash do the Giants get and even then it was little or nothing. Nearly every player that leaves the Giants or has an association with the Giants has said they are a class organization, again that's players saying that, not fans.

and the dog would argue that every franchise has players that spent a good part of their careers who would also say after retirement that they played for a class organization...and every team, including the giants will have players that will be bitter over something and speak less of the organization...it is the nature of the business.

if it is nitpicking, then the dog apologizes...it is just when so many come on and say things along the lines of the giants never take guys with bad reps, but if they do, they do so with the intent of helping the troubled young men get their lives together, it becomes a tad silly...business...business...business...it is all business.

Story is, and I don't know if this was mentioned in the Plax Released thread, but the Giants offered Plax a new deal complete with pay cut, and he refused it. So we released him. Pretty sage move. Win win for the Giants anyway.

Story is, and I don't know if this was mentioned in the Plax Released thread, but the Giants offered Plax a new deal complete with pay cut, and he refused it. So we released him. Pretty sage move. Win win for the Giants anyway.

I saw that too, can't remember where. If they offered him a pay cut and he refused, fuck him then.

Of course it is weird to you. Only you would not understand releasing a receiver who does not understand a team not wanting to give bonus payments that were contractually tied to performance, both on and off the field. Only you would not understand wanting to release a player whose legal entanglements combined with the guaranteed league suspension means he won't be available for at least the entire 09 season if not longer.

Dude, this isn't Jerry Springer.. so suck my dick.

Having said that... I thought the Giants could've held on to Plax till they have a better idea as to who they'll get and what direction they'd like to go.. and even what Plax's legal troubles amount to.

Let's not bullshit ourselves, we were more than willing to give Plax a chance.. he's a pretty good player... and this coming from his biggest critic on this board.

-=link=-

Well isnt that just swell.... :brooding:

I can't blame the Eagles for wanting Plax... he just fucking killed them every year since he's been here.

I have a feeling though if he stays in the east, Kenny Phillips is going to just absolutely fucking kill him this year. Just a weird gut feeling... I know I have nothing to go on with that, really. And that's if he's able to get open with Webby draped all over him.

I can't blame the Eagles for wanting Plax... he just fucking killed them every year since he's been here.

I have a feeling though if he stays in the east, Kenny Phillips is going to just absolutely fucking kill him this year. Just a weird gut feeling... I know I have nothing to go on with that, really. And that's if he's able to get open with Webby draped all over him.

Well, they certainly wouldn't have an inside scoop on Plax's moves, now would they? That would require Plax to show up in the offseason.

Dude, this isn't Jerry Springer.. so suck my dick.

Having said that... I thought the Giants could've held on to Plax till they have a better idea as to who they'll get and what direction they'd like to go.. and even what Plax's legal troubles amount to.

Let's not bullshit ourselves, we were more than willing to give Plax a chance.. he's a pretty good player... and this coming from his biggest critic on this board.

I and every other board member know that you would never suck the dick of anybody. When Nas the Peasant engages in that sex act, whoever does it to him must have to bring a magnifying glass to locate his microscopic dick . He, sometime ago told all of us that he was a runt and that probably is the reason for this need.

couldn't we have just traded Plax to a team with a top 5 pick in the draft to a team like the Seahawks or someone. then we could've had two 1st round picks. maybe we would've gotten Crabtree for moving up for Burress.

couldn't we have just traded Plax to a team with a top 5 pick in the draft to a team like the Seahawks or someone. then we could've had two 1st round picks. maybe we would've gotten Crabtree for moving up for Burress.

hmmm...the dog isn't so sure there is a team with picks 1-5 that would be willing to part with it for a receiver with a bad attitude and a building record for trouble who may or may not spend 3 years in jail and may or may not be suspended for the better part of the season...

I agree......the outright release was stranger than fiction