SportsWrath

Official petition to draft Michael Penix Jr thread

On 1/3/2024 at 4:50 PM, Dragon said:

To me, him being a lefty isn't the issue. It's the issues him being a lefty would cause... if that makes any sense. Our OL is already sus on a good day and we'd be moving our best piece after 4+ years to accommodate him. Then again... removing Bobby Johnson from the equation could potentially improve everyone on the OL drastically so who knows? 

I know Dragon... just playing with you.  If we get him... the OL will have to adjust and it might be a good thing.

2 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

I know Dragon... just playing with you.  If we get him... the OL will have to adjust and it might be a good thing.

Hopefully. Something's gotta give. 

15 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

I see this "racist pricks" thing thrown around quite a bit but I don't understand it.  Jerry Reese and Marc Ross drove this franchise into the ground for a decade, Brandon Brown and Jesse Armstead both have high-ranking front office positions, and the Maras were one of the conduits behind the Rooney Rule. 

I know the Giants picked Daniel Jones over Dwayne Haskins, but that's because Haskins sucks (his own team dumped him after two seasons). Eli Manning was the consensus best QB the year he was drafted and was with the franchise for 15+ years.  All of the top QB that year were white;  what was the organization supposed to do, pass on a generational talent and hope Vince Young was on the board next year, or are they supposed to dump a two-time Super Bowl MVP so they can have a minority QB instead? 

Also, Brian Daboll was selected over Brian Flores because the latter is probably a fucking prick as evidenced by his behavior on the sidelines and the media both before and after his interview.  Other minority coaches they've interviewed (Romeo Crennel, Eric Bienemy) have not exactly lit it up once they've gone to new franchises.  Is it possible that they just weren't good candidates? 

The Giants are stupid in many, many ways... but discrimination and racism is not one of them.  This is a really dumb point of view. 

Hehe...relax.....was just kidding - for example there is no way they will pass up on say a Caleb Williams if they had the opportunity to draft him.

4 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Hehe...relax.....was just kidding - for example there is no way they will pass up on say a Caleb Williams if they had the opportunity to draft him.

Caleb Williams gets manicures and carries a purse. 

7 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

My bad.  I just keep seeing this all over Reddit, dumbass sports talking heads and the like... it's insane to me.  

7 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

That’s how they should be thinking about Penix. I’m not a professional scout and not even all that knowledgeable of a fan, but I can’t find the flaws in his game that would prevent him from being a top 5 pick. Maybe the injury history is the thing that scares people, but the only two other guys I was this sure about before were Josh Allen and Justin Herbert.  Although I was also pretty sold on Josh Rosen and didn’t see the hype around Tua. So maybe I should shut up. 

3 hours ago, Virginia Giant said:

That’s how they should be thinking about Penix. I’m not a professional scout and not even all that knowledgeable of a fan, but I can’t find the flaws in his game that would prevent him from being a top 5 pick. Maybe the injury history is the thing that scares people, but the only two other guys I was this sure about before were Josh Allen and Justin Herbert.  Although I was also pretty sold on Josh Rosen and didn’t see the hype around Tua. So maybe I should shut up. 

The whole thing's a crapshoot. I really didn't think guys like Josh Allen would be a good QB, and thought Sam Darnold would, and boy was I wrong on both.

12 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Eh... idk. Did he ever address the "Fuck Utah" fingernail paint?

18 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Eh... idk. Did he ever address the "Fuck Utah" fingernail paint?

LOL

I suspect that as mildly odd his public persona is, his private life may be surreal. I don't see the Giants going for such a creative personality type for their QB. Sure not at 1st overall.  

31 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

LOL

I suspect that as mildly odd his public persona is, his private life may be surreal. I don't see the Giants going for such a creative personality type for their QB. Sure not at 1st overall.  

Oh so the Giants are not only racist but they hate "those types" as well?

I'm calling the police.

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

Oh so the Giants are not only racist but they hate "those types" as well?

I'm calling the police.

lol, I just mean they’re going to want someone who won’t be a sideshow distraction. 

15 hours ago, Herc said:

That was almost as embarrassing as the losses 

I never even watched the Cutlets Showings... knowing it was a WWF/WWE level of McMahon/Drumpf bullshit from the 80s/90s.  This was a distraction going back to the Pisarcik and Goldsteyn days.  Goldsteyn was a rival to Pisarcik during The Fumble era. :laugh: