SportsWrath

2023 Off-season signings

Mr. P

11 hours ago, boohyah said:

Some mocks are moving to us drafting a center now in the first or second

Question is...   is there first round talent out there for center?    If you can land a dude to lead that line for the next 10 years I would sign up for that in a heartbeat, especially if the top WR's are off the board at 25

2 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

we need another body anyway, I don't think a cut is a guarantee.

Williams has restructure written all over him. 

I'd love a DL that has Lawrence, Robinson and Williams on it, with Nunez-Roches in the rotation. Those are some serious dudes right there.

Do something with Williams like turning his deal into a 2 year $42M contract, cutting the cap hit down to like $17M.

5 hours ago, The P said:

I still say our first pick will be wr, cb, or edge

I'm feeling a trade down in 1st and still get IOL..could feel differently tomorrow...but we seem to be missing out on a some of the WRs picking at 25 and they're good, but not worth trading up for.  Some of the mid round CBs may fall to 25 and be intriguing...guys like a Joey Porter...but I have seen him as a top 10 projection too, so I dunno.

I think late 1st is prime for top flight IOL talent.  Like I said...just a feel at this point 

9 minutes ago, The P said:

For reference, Oruwariye was targeted 50 times in 2022, and had a passer rating against him of 106.1, with an average yards per target of 9.0.

2021 he was sort of feast or famine. The passer rating was only 74.1 largely driven down by the 6 INTS, but he gave up 671 yards and 4TDs on 77 targets (61% completion percentage).

17 minutes ago, boohyah said:

Some of these guys we are bringing in won't make it out of camp. It's just competition. 

I'd imagine at least one if not both of Shepherd and Robinson will be on the PUP list to start the year, and even with that, Crowder will be fighting to keep a WR #5-6 spot on this team, most likely competing with one or more later round draft picks. It's a low risk, low cap signing though, and if he ends up making it, then he's good veteran depth.