SportsWrath

2023 Off-season signings

Mr. P

17 minutes ago, The P said:

As one source explained it, it’s the latter. Jones wants more than the Giants have offered. Possibly as much as $45 million per year, or more.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/02/20/agent-change-points-to-franchise-tag-for-daniel-jones/

So guess that means he's getting the tag.

No way in hell does a franchise pay a QB 45 million a year who's only had one healthy season and had never thrown for more than 3200 yards.

I'd rather go pay Grapaplololo 30 million.

Big fat fuckin' nope for anything north of 40 mil average.  4 year, 160 mil tops...with an out after 3 years. 

Shit...I kind hope we tag him and someone else signs him.  As much as he has turned the corner, I'd trade him for two 1sts in a heartbeat.

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

So guess that means he's getting the tag.

No way in hell does a franchise pay a QB 45 million a year who's only had one healthy season and had never thrown for more than 3200 yards.

I'd rather go pay Grapaplololo 30 million.

This

Put the tag on him

If he pouts move on

If he thrives then give him the money somewhere down the Line

Been a fan since 1968 so I can wait for the next big thing in QB's.

It does not have to be Jones ;)

2 hours ago, gmenroc said:

Big fat fuckin' nope for anything north of 40 mil average.  4 year, 160 mil tops...with an out after 3 years. 

Shit...I kind hope we tag him and someone else signs him.  As much as he has turned the corner, I'd trade him for two 1sts in a heartbeat.

This

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Fun fact the team Jones signed with represent the four highest paid QBs in the NFL, Rodgers, Watson, Ryan and Prescott. 

Guess Jones is rolling the dice. 

"You have to know when to hold them, know when to fold them, know when to walk away, know when to run"

You never back people into a corner early on publicly that people would know.

57 minutes ago, Nas said:

It's a business decision on his part.    Aim high then meet somewhere in the middle.   When was the last time anyone of us asked his employer for X and got exactly what he/she asked for?

Every single QB to get a new contract. 

They get what they want and more typically. 

1 hour ago, Nas said:

It's a business decision on his part.    Aim high then meet somewhere in the middle.   When was the last time anyone of us asked his employer for X and got exactly what he/she asked for?

November 2022. Got everything and more.