SportsWrath

2023 Off-season signings

Mr. P

12 minutes ago, boohyah said:

$37.5million a year.

And that's a guy who has been mediocre at best.

That’s also a guy who’s been way more productive than Jones.    Jones will get more but should he?

1 minute ago, The P said:

That’s also a guy who’s been way more productive than Jones.    Jones will get more but should he?

No, he should not.

Actually, with years of fumble-itis under his belt, he should thank his lucky stars there's even contract talks taking place. I'm all for a team friendly DJ coming back under Daboll, but if he's going to be a greedy little bitch after ONE good (not great, good) season, show him the door. Go get Jimmy G.

59 minutes ago, The P said:

Carr is a competent QB, nothing else. Otherwise he's still in Vegas. He had Jacobs/Waller and Adams last year and they underperformed.

15 minutes ago, boohyah said:

Carr is a competent QB, nothing else. Otherwise he's still in Vegas. He had Jacobs/Waller and Adams last year and they underperformed.

He may only be competent.   But competent has been much more productive than Jones. 

17 minutes ago, The P said:

He may only be competent.   But competent has been much more productive than Jones. 

I'm basing it off what I think he is going forward. I don't think Jones is much better at all. I think that Jones warrants 38 million.

12 minutes ago, mastershake said:

I feel like this is a mistake on Carr's part. Jets were a better fit. Jets just needed a competent game manager to have them compete in the Playoffs. Plus I think Rodgers doesn't want to go there.

Yes, I believe Carr fucked up.  Jets don't need a savior, just a game manager as you have written.  Maybe he has west coast fever.  I would not piss on Mr. Covid (Rogers).  Sorry but fuck him.

59 minutes ago, Herc said:

Well I guess Jones is easily exceeding 40 if that’s what carr got 

How so?   Unless my math failed me, Carr is getting $37.5M per... And the thinking is Carr is a pro-bowler and a proven winner..    I think this sets DJ's expectations a bit lower now.  

20 minutes ago, Nas said:

How so?   Unless my math failed me, Carr is getting $37.5M per... And the thinking is Carr is a pro-bowler and a proven winner..    I think this sets DJ's expectations a bit lower now.  

Damn nas I thought you were driving the Jones bandwagon!

8 minutes ago, BronxRik said:

Sean Payton will turn Carr into the next Drew Brees. At least, I'm sure that's the Saints' thought process. 

I believe so.  Fassel was a former QB who could make QBs look unstoppable, as evidenced by Collins' performance against the Vikings in 2001 NFC Championship.  Sean Payton comes from that Fassel tree.  Carr is a system QB if I ever saw one.  In a decent to good system and he is almost like Johnny Unitas... in a beat system he looks like a flop or second stringer for sure.

15 minutes ago, BronxRik said:

Sean Payton will turn Carr into the next Drew Brees. At least, I'm sure that's the Saints' thought process. 

If that’s their thought process they are wildly insane. 

Sean Payton is the head coach of the Broncos.