SportsWrath

2023 Off-season signings

Mr. P

Raiders going to feel some pain when they realize Carr was the only thing holding that organization in any sort of relevancy for the last 9 years, but it's the Raiders what else is new? 

Surprised he didn't go to the Jets that team has a defense soemthing Carr hasn't had a.single year in the league. 

Geno making bank at this point in his career is a good story, really balled out a d showed why the Seahawks stuck with Carrol instead of baby boy Wilson. 

I just dont understand this whole 'Carr is a proven winner and a better QB than Jones' - Carr has never been the same ever since his leg injury. It was only that year that he was actually having a Wentz type season. If anything, Carr is a proven loser. With weapons 100 times better than DJ, Carr has sucked donkey balls. And for that matter - this BS about "Carr has never had a defense his entire time with the Raiders" - WTF has DJ had with the Giants??? Its not like he's had the Steel Curtain Monsters of the Midway Baltimore Tampa Bay type defense either??? The Giants defense has sucked donkey dick DJ's entire time with the Giants. There have been numerous times when DJ has actually put us ahead in the 4th qtr only to have the defense fuck it away. Carr has repeatedly sucked. Jones hasnt had a single moment to even settle in ever since being drafted - every year a different play book, different OC, different play caller, different personnel.

Giants screwed up by declining his 5th year option and afterwards Mara said these words - "We have done everything possible to screw this kid up ever since he got here". As I said before - thats what DJ's agents are using right now.

Having said that, obvious 45-48 mill is too much for DJ, so I have a feeling, he signs something in the vicinity of the Carr contract - now that Geno has also signed.

At the same time - even DJ should realise, he doesnt want to again go to a different coach and different OC AGAIN. Either way, DJ is our QB for 2023 - whether on the franchise tag or under contract. Im rooting for him.

10 hours ago, The P said:

If that’s their thought process they are wildly insane. 

Sean Payton is the head coach of the Broncos. 

High Holy Hell, I don't know what I was thinking. I wrote that at work, completely sober so I have no excuse except for stupidity. :doh:

3 hours ago, BronxRik said:

High Holy Hell, I don't know what I was thinking. I wrote that at work, completely sober so I have no excuse except for stupidity. :doh:

It’s funny if you imagine the same thing happened to the Saints owners and GM. 

6 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

I just dont understand this whole 'Carr is a proven winner and a better QB than Jones' - Carr has never been the same ever since his leg injury. It was only that year that he was actually having a Wentz type season. If anything, Carr is a proven loser. With weapons 100 times better than DJ, Carr has sucked donkey balls. And for that matter - this BS about "Carr has never had a defense his entire time with the Raiders" - WTF has DJ had with the Giants??? Its not like he's had the Steel Curtain Monsters of the Midway Baltimore Tampa Bay type defense either??? The Giants defense has sucked donkey dick DJ's entire time with the Giants. There have been numerous times when DJ has actually put us ahead in the 4th qtr only to have the defense fuck it away. Carr has repeatedly sucked. Jones hasnt had a single moment to even settle in ever since being drafted - every year a different play book, different OC, different play caller, different personnel.

Giants screwed up by declining his 5th year option and afterwards Mara said these words - "We have done everything possible to screw this kid up ever since he got here". As I said before - thats what DJ's agents are using right now.

Having said that, obvious 45-48 mill is too much for DJ, so I have a feeling, he signs something in the vicinity of the Carr contract - now that Geno has also signed.

At the same time - even DJ should realise, he doesnt want to again go to a different coach and different OC AGAIN. Either way, DJ is our QB for 2023 - whether on the franchise tag or under contract. Im rooting for him.

I love you, man.   This is so spot on, it warrants a :mic-drop:

Donkey dick AND donkey balls...I mean, who doesn't appreciate it when a bitch makes the balls part of the party...but I gotta say I'm not sure I've ever read a post here that referenced fellating a donkey twice.  Kudos? 

He also shouldn’t want to play a prove it year without Barkley which is exactly what will happen if he doesn’t sign today.  

with you on carr too, he couldn’t throw downfield his entire career.  Improved it with gruden for 2 years, and then it fell back in the dumps despite adding adams and having a top rb.  I just don’t see it with this guy 

48 minutes ago, Herc said:

He also shouldn’t want to play a prove it year without Barkley which is exactly what will happen if he doesn’t sign today.  

with you on carr too, he couldn’t throw downfield his entire career.  Improved it with gruden for 2 years, and then it fell back in the dumps despite adding adams and having a top rb.  I just don’t see it with this guy 

“In the dumps” was still 24tds and 14 ints.

Jones threw for 15 tds on what is considered his best year.  

13 minutes ago, The P said:

“In the dumps” was still 24tds and 14 ints.

Jones threw for 15 tds on what is considered his best year.  

Yeah I mean I don't think Carr is like a top 10 guy but I'm surprised so many think so poorly of him. 

He's had multiple 4000+ yard season with QBRs consistently in the 90+ range.

His HCs have all been duds and if I've read correctly he's never had a defense that has ranked higher than 20s in terms of any defensive metric.  

Good QB on beyond average teams.

4 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Yeah I mean I don't think Carr is like a top 10 guy but I'm surprised so many think so poorly of him. 

He's had multiple 4000+ yard season with QBRs consistently in the 90+ range.

His HCs have all been duds and if I've read correctly he's never had a defense that has ranked higher than 20s in terms of any defensive metric.  

Good QB on beyond average teams.

yeah I’m not even arguing he’s a great qb, just that he’s not trash.    

we give Jones excuses for the different head coaches, Carr had 6 different head coaches as a Raider.    And never put up passing numbers as bad as Jones best year. 

i was just talking about his deep ball numbers.  They’ve been bad his entire career except the 2 years with gruden.  

Yes his traditional stats are fine, I think Jones’ running production more than makes up for carr throwing 9 more tds on 5 more pass attempts per game but that’s probably splitting hairs.  From my pov one guy is 25 with the arrow pointing up as the year went along and one guy is 32 and at best the arrow is going sideways.  I think Jones will be a more valuable player over the next 4 years and will therefore make more money if he signs today.

Re: carr’s defense.  I’m never going to use a qb’s win loss record against him.

47 minutes ago, The P said:

yeah I’m not even arguing he’s a great qb, just that he’s not trash.    

we give Jones excuses for the different head coaches, Carr had 6 different head coaches as a Raider.    And never put up passing numbers as bad as Jones best year. 

That's my biggest worry with Jones, in these four years he hasn't been consistent at all.

From injuries to turnovers he's never had any sort of success maintaining a solid level of QB play until last season, thanks in large part to coaching and scheme. 

I hope Schoen can work some magic and front load the contract to get some sort of security incase Jones does end up hurt or back to his level of play we've seen his first few years. 

Otherwise if he takes another massive step forward as unlikely as it is then we could be laughing. 

28 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

That's my biggest worry with Jones, in these four years he hasn't been consistent at all.

From injuries to turnovers he's never had any sort of success maintaining a solid level of QB play until last season, thanks in large part to coaching and scheme. 

I hope Schoen can work some magic and front load the contract to get some sort of security incase Jones does end up hurt or back to his level of play we've seen his first few years. 

Otherwise if he takes another massive step forward as unlikely as it is then we could be laughing. 

Thats another thing, I think Carr has missed like 4 games his whole career. 

1 hour ago, The P said:

Have to admit he's spot on. 

DJ only being 25 should only factor in if the team think he's the next Allen/Burrow/Herbert, etc. 

If Schoen can pull it off where DJ is only on the books for 25 million or so in the first year he'll be a god damn JR level of genius in my book. 

8 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Have to admit he's spot on. 

DJ only being 25 should only factor in if the team think he's the next Allen/Burrow/Herbert, etc. 

If Schoen can pull it off where DJ is only on the books for 25 million or so in the first year he'll be a god damn JR level of genius in my book. 

Carrs cap hit next season for Saints its under $8 million. 

Just now, BlueInCanada said:

Breaking news/rumor with "sources" 

37.5 AAV to be announced soon.

Barkley gets the tag. 

Oh boy! Whether that's 2, 3, or 4 years for Jones, $37.5M seems reasonable, especially if the 2023 cap hit is lower, and, if it's a 3-4 year deal there's an "out" at the end year of the contract