SportsWrath

2023 Off-season signings

Mr. P

52 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

It's almost becoming a lost art.

With the influx of european/Australian style football/rugby kickers who hit for distance not accuracy. 

I do miss having a punter like Feagles can't crack 50 yard punt without a helpful bounce but he could drop that punt on a penny inside the 20. 

The shape of the football makes it ridiculously difficult to be accurate and give it hang time at the same time... I remember trying punting and it would most go way up... for a 20 yard punt lol. 

23 minutes ago, Nas said:

The shape of the football makes it ridiculously difficult to be accurate and give it hang time at the same time... I remember trying punting and it would most go way up... for a 20 yard punt lol. 

The higher you lift your leg, the higher the ball goes. He is just booming it which is all fine and good when you are inside the 20. He just got a major bonus here, hopefully he improves.

13 minutes ago, boohyah said:

The higher you lift your leg, the higher the ball goes. He is just booming it which is all fine and good when you are inside the 20. He just got a major bonus here, hopefully he improves.

I think that was my problem though, I just strike it as hard as I can without a follow through.   I never understood how my kicks were good but punts were trash.  

His kicking motion is that of a  side swing too which is unorthodox.   

19 minutes ago, Nas said:

I think that was my problem though, I just strike it as hard as I can without a follow through.   I never understood how my kicks were good but punts were trash.  

His kicking motion is that of a  side swing too which is unorthodox.   

I grew up kicking a ball out of my hands so I just know, I was a goalkeeper in soccer also. He may have developed habits as a former rugby since he's from Scotland. Rugby, soccer require more direction on the kick so rarely your leg should be rising up to about your hip.

Just now, boohyah said:

I grew up kicking a ball out of my hands so I just know, I was a goalkeeper in soccer also. He may have developed habits as a former rugby since he's from Scotland. Rugby, soccer require more direction on the kick so rarely your leg should be rising up to about your hip.

That said, he has enough raw tools to excel, which is probably the reason he got paid. Fair enough.