SportsWrath

2023 Off-season signings

Mr. P

17 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Waller's contract is twice as much, plus cost a 3rd round draft pick. I'd still take a flyer on DJ Chark. I get the risk. That's why I'm looking at a meager contract, short term deal (and no draft picks). I've also suggested a few other WR's for a similar price (e.g. Nelson Agholor), given our cap position and the slim pickings out there.

If they want to bring in Chark, I don't have an issue and frankly don't care about risk because the guy starts the season healthy. He was doing well at the Jags before he got hurt and the Lions gave him a 10 million deal last season. I dare say it wasn't a good deal as he was their 3rd receiver at best and he was a non factor in some of the games he did play in. I had the guy in fantasy, and his numbers were all over the place. If he could get back to some of his Jags form, then that would be a plus.

Hardman would be my choice on a one year deal, or Adam Thielen who I think still has some gas left and could be a good reliable set of hands for Jones.

1 minute ago, boohyah said:

If they want to bring in Chark, I don't have an issue and frankly don't care about risk because the guy starts the season healthy. He was doing well at the Jags before he got hurt and the Lions gave him a 10 million deal last season. I dare say it wasn't a good deal as he was their 3rd receiver at best and he was a non factor in some of the games he did play in. I had the guy in fantasy, and his numbers were all over the place. If he could get back to some of his Jags form, then that would be a plus.

Hardman would be my choice on a one year deal, or Adam Thielen who I think still has some gas left and could be a good reliable set of hands for Jones.

Thielen would be a great signing, but I think he wants to play for a contender and make one last bag before he calls it quits.

Two thing the Giants can't really do or guarantee lol 

I wouldn't write Love off just yet if he is just testing his value...but is a sign that he is prepared to go elsewhere.  Seems a shot over the Giants bow at this point.  Here's hoping the Seahawks lowball him...

As for Jeff Smith...he is 6'1, runs sub 4.4 40, plays ST...but has had drop issues.  He has also had Jets QBs throwing to him...so we will see I guess.  It is one of those underappreciated moves that makes for a deeper roster.  On a side note, he has to have the whitest name ever for a black dude.

3 hours ago, mastershake said:

I can't see Love finding more than $7-8M per year. I'd bring him back for only that much. 3 years $22M.

Yeah gotta assume he's just playing the field. 

Don't blame him, see what your value is elsewhere.  

At the same time keeping him around would be a bonus on a moderate deal. 

He fits well into what Wink likes to do. 

I think Love is better than what many think he is.  He is like Dave Diehl was.  Just a guy with flexibility to play multiple positions albeit not at a probowl level...but developed into a solid starter who was relied on heavily.

I'd resign him for sure at 7 mil per assuming we can make cap work.  I think the benefits will only increase as time passes.

30 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Yeah gotta assume he's just playing the field. 

Don't blame him, see what your value is elsewhere.  

At the same time keeping him around would be a bonus on a moderate deal. 

He fits well into what Wink likes to do. 

Yeah definitely. Shop yourself around. See if you can get a higher bid.

29 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

I think Love is better than what many think he is.  He is like Dave Diehl was.  Just a guy with flexibility to play multiple positions albeit not at a probowl level...but developed into a solid starter who was relied on heavily.

I'd resign him for sure at 7 mil per assuming we can make cap work.  I think the benefits will only increase as time passes.

Yep. Do something like 3 years, $22M. Cap hit by year

2023: $4M

2024: $8M

2025: $10M

1 hour ago, Nas said:

Or worse (better)... he sucks like Wilson did in Denver.  

Fuck Da Jets... Fuck Aaron "I am Immunized" Rodger.  The Jets just blew up their rebuild for an also ran.  I guess the Jets are the old folks' home for Green Bay QB's such as Favre and Rodgers.