SportsWrath

2023 Off-season signings

Mr. P

On 3/23/2023 at 9:05 PM, mastershake said:

I'm second guessing Schoen now. This is essentially the same money Parris Cambell got. Would we have been better with Hardman instead?

Doubt it - Hardman has achieved nothing with even Mahomes as his QB. Hardman, Campbell and DJ Chark were probably around the same level for teams - if anything, Campbell's deal is what made the Jets offer it to Hardman. Campbell is faster and taller than Hardman (4.31 vs 4.33 and 1.83 vs 1.78) - I was actually hoping we get Campbell between those 3

On 4/8/2023 at 7:43 AM, gmenroc said:

Richie James and Kadarius Toney...both good fits for that offense.  Guessing James is gonna be 4th WR and KR/PR

KC's in a good spot. They'll probably draft a WR in rounds 1-2, and have Valdez-Scantling, Toney, Sky Moore (2nd rounder last year) James, plus their draft pick. Plus Kelce obviously, who's shown no signs of slowing down.

Might as well pencil them in as the SB favorite this year.

45 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

I'd still like to see one of the team leaders to be there for all the official workouts

Im always big on voluntary meaning voluntary.  I hate how they are voluntary but really mandatory.   

You got to wonder if the RB position eventually just gets phased out and we see more WR/RB guys.

It's a position where a second contract isn't guaranteed even if your a top 5 guy, even then the RB market is stagnant simple because of the "we can draft/sign someone to plug in for cheaper" mindset.

Why would a college kid want to take the hits that a RB does and not even be paid for it? 

3 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

You got to wonder if the RB position eventually just gets phased out and we see more WR/RB guys.

It's a position where a second contract isn't guaranteed even if your a top 5 guy, even then the RB market is stagnant simple because of the "we can draft/sign someone to plug in for cheaper" mindset.

Why would a college kid want to take the hits that a RB does and not even be paid for it? 

This running back just gave us 1600 yards and 10tds. 

personally I’d like to see that stay phased in. 

59 minutes ago, The P said:

Im always big on voluntary meaning voluntary.  I hate how they are voluntary but really mandatory.   

Yeah I will not kill the guy for not being at voluntary workouts, we all know the guy is not sitting on the couch slamming beers and dingdongs.  

On the other hand, having him in the facility as a role model of hard work and dedication is part of what he brings to the table as a player and was why he had that C on his uniform.

15 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

This is very true, the RB position has been de-valued over the past several seasons.   If you take Saquon off this team it is going to be a drastic drop for sure.  I think the college kids who are playing RB are probably too short to be WRs or half a step too slow... or a combination of both.

7 hours ago, The P said:

This running back just gave us 1600 yards and 10tds. 

personally I’d like to see that stay phased in. 

I'm not saying we shouldn't, I want Barkley back.

It's the NFL that sets the market. 

Im just understanding why the market is slow low and wondering if college kids eventually steer away from the position.

Doubt there's many kids who want to be a FB now a days with NFL dreams.

7 hours ago, jranieli said:

https://deadspin.com/giants-saquon-barkley-franchise-tag-1850328712

The media is trying to foster Saquon Barkley unrest — don’t bite
Wake me up when he holds out of games, not when he skips optional offseason programs

This is never a big deal.  These guys just want a break from making up fake drafts about guys they watched YouTube highlights of 

12 hours ago, gmenroc said:

He wants 16m...Giants said no.  Saquon panties in a twist...but he did work out when DJ hosted his deal

I haven’t seen where he asked for 16M.  My understanding was $12M.

5 hours ago, Nas said:

I haven’t seen where he asked for 16M.  My understanding was $12M.

Giants offered 12m per.  He wanted more.  Did not sign.  Giants tagged him for 10m.  In meantime, the RB market value continued to crash and now 12m seems a bit too high compared to rest of RBs in league so Giants took 12m off the table until Barkley lowers his asking price