SportsWrath

2023 Off-season signings

Mr. P

4 hours ago, mastershake said:

So guys, I actually had a dream last night about the draft, and if it's any indication, we're taking CB Kelee Ringo in the 1st and WR Jonathan Mingo in the 2nd.

Such a nerd.... dreaming NFL draft Lol.

:LMAO:

Something I'm curious about. Since #NYGiants  didn't draft a LB & don't pick again until the 5th round, I wonder if NYG go ahead & sign Deion Jones at some point in the next few days.  He left w/o a deal & my assumption was they were going to see how the draft went first.

21 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Hopefully they can work out an extension as the season goes on.

I expect this contract to reset the LT market since it's well deserved at this point. 

Give the man 5 years $115M or 6 years $140M (i.e. Trent William's contract) whatever and be done with it. $140M spread out over 6 years might end up seeming like a barging by year 3-4 of that contract.

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

Oshane Ximiminminese signed a year one deal to return to the team.

Not a bad depth signing. Make him compete with Tomon Fox and that Habbadabba Du guy from Pitt for the 4th EDGE spot behind Thibs, Ojulari, and Ward.

Knows the system, coaches etc.

5 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Not a bad depth signing. Make him compete with Tomon Fox and that Habbadabba Du guy from Pitt for the 4th EDGE spot behind Thibs, Ojulari, and Ward.

Knows the system, coaches etc.

Yeah thought he showed some flashes under Winks system, as you said good depth signing and see if he can beat out the other guys.

16 hours ago, boohyah said:

Surprised by that one. He looked off the radar. 

It's a low risk signing. One year minimum. He's going to have to compete to make it on the roster, and if he doesn't no real impact to the cap if we release him.

I think the staff likes Tomon Fox for that 4th EDGE spot, but we'll see.

I was really hoping we'd bring in another EDGE in the draft, at least in the late rounds.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah...I think they should call his reps and see what he's looking for...but not holding any hope they get this one done...and yeah, I'm not looking to sign him for more than 3 years tops...at what, 20 mil per?...i dunno...thats gonna require a LW and AJ restructure...just a lot to try and pull off

I like the vision with the pieces they already have, I think Hopkins may be a case of subtraction by addition in the long run.

Not enough of an upgrade, nor is the team close enough to being a contender, to justify giving so many touches to Hopkins when we have so many developmental pieces on the roster.

I don't know how we could afford him, but if we could I'm all for it.  When he came back last year he immediately was back in midseason form.  He's a true number 1 wr.  Maybe he is on the wrong side of his peak, but he isn't at the end of his career either.  He's still an impact player, a star at the position.